Diverge Networks
Mal's Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: Mal's Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=5709)

Mal's Staff Application - ExodusMal - 04-21-2023

In-Game Name(s): Malachi "Sully" Sullivan, Harold Jamenson

Steam Name: ExodusMal

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/ExodusMal/ (dont mind the titties)

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:560310320

Discord Username: ExodusMal#1337

Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1mo 6d 1h 40m

Time Zone: EST

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: an hour a day minimum

Have you read the rules?: Yes

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): I do

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Partially

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?:  Indeed

-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  To start off, it is evident that I quite enjoy this server due to my playtime, I have been playing for about 3 years now and I have enjoyed every moment of it. I want to give back to the server and the enjoyment I have had by supporting the staff team by becoming staff and serving the great members of Diverge. My main reason for being staff is that I have a tainted reputation with this server and the members, I have broken a fair amount of rules, more than the average player, and I feel bad about that and I want to change for the better. I think that by becoming staff and dedicating time to making the server a better place to the best of my abilities is the most efficient way of proving to everyone, but most importantly to myself, that I can change my ways and I can be a contributing member to this great community. I know that due to my history, people may question my reliability to have such great power on the server, and to that questioning my only response is to have faith that redemption is possible, I truly care about the people of this server and the staff and I think all of it is so interesting and impressive. How such a great community can be built on a singular game. I used to play with intent to only please myself and no others, and now I wish to contribute, and with this role of staff, I believe that my goal can be reached adequately. 

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: I should be considered because I have a goal that drives my determination. My goal is to reach a level of redemption in which my name is no longer slandered and I am seen as a contributing member.  A few more reasons are that I am a natural born leader, just about everything I do in life I have a lead role in, whether its school, work, or just my social circle. I know this server very well, I know the rules in and out, and I have very good judgement of the rules and all of this can be used properly in a staff sit. I am also very level headed, I know not to get angry and I understand people get upset when in stressful situations such as losing a character or getting banned, I always remember to relax and understand this is a game and nothing more than that and its not worth getting upset over. While trying to be as modest as possible, I am revered by my peers for my hard working skills, my intelligence, and my wit. I am able to make something out of nothing, and I believe all of these characteristics are required to be a successful staff member. 

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): I have not staffed on any game, but I have a good understanding of how to be one.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: I have been banned on diverge for many things (NLR, Meta, RDM, VDM, Job Abuse, Retard (ban from pended) etc.) I am not proud of these bans, but I am very apologetic for them. Each of these bans represents a different time I have ruined someone's roleplay and its very sad to see I have effected people negatively.  When I first started I accumulated a severe amount of punishment because I quite frankly didn't see the enjoyment in diverge and so I always imagined I would get perm'd and then move to the next server. Once I had found out that diverge was different from the other shifty DarkRP and other dumb servers on Garry's Mod, I was in too deep and I wasn't capable of learning from my mistakes. After my 7 month sabbatical from diverge, I learned to appreciate Diverge and all the fun I had and I no longer have any desire to break the rules and I only wish to remain present. 

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:   I would say I am very well known, possibly by most in fact. I have a confusing rep, it seems that sometimes people really like me and other times the contrary. At this current moment, I seem to only have friends, people say that I am funny and enjoyable guy who knows when to be serious, I have also been called kind and thoughtful and others think that my stories and ideas are very unique and interesting. Overall, I would say that I have a pretty good rep at this moment and I plan on making it better as time goes on. 

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: At this current time, somespy, Quartz, Agitator, and Fox

-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: When a staff member, enforcing the rules and protecting the integrity of the server and the enjoyment of its members is of utmost importance. If I were in an RP situation I would try to wrap it up as quickly as possible to tend to the matter but if not I would immediately switch to staff to assist. I would then deal with the RDM sit accordingly and make sure everyone is okay before returning to my play experience. 

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: My first step is to notify them that what they are doing is wrong and mentioning that if they were to proceed I would have to report them, if they proceeded, I would take action and gather my evidence and report to UA so they can deal with it accordingly. Before reporting them though I would try to remind them of their responsibilities of staff and try to ween them off of their abusive streak and back to being a contributing member of staff, I believe people, with the right guidance can change, so in turn, I wouldn't want to ruin their experience all together. Times can get rough and they can lead to good people doing stupid things so I believe that its best to communicate and just try to work things out first to fix the problem rather than just throw it to the curb. 

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: Most of my friends have a clear po list, and a good rep, and even the ones who don't, have chosen a path of redemption rather than to continue messing around. Even if they were to not be serious role-players, they would understand that actions have consequences, and that I have a job to do and I can't make exceptions for them. If they let a game effect our IRL friendship, they are not worth being friends with to begin with. 
---------------------------------------------------------

RE: Mal's Staff Application - ShowerCoach - 04-22-2023

+1 I wouldn't mind having more mods like this

RE: Mal's Staff Application - Bear - 04-22-2023

+1 dude seems pretty chill, need more mods like that

RE: Mal's Staff Application - Fox - 04-22-2023

+1. I've known Mal for quite some time and although they have a history of bans, I believe they would make a good staff member, given the opportunity.

RE: Mal's Staff Application - Rem - 04-22-2023

You have an extreme PO, you need more time to show that you are capable of understanding the rules. Just came off a perma relatively recently. Good intentions, but want to know for sure that you are capable of enforcing the rules from an understanding of them.

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team.
Unfortunately, your application has been denied.

You may apply again in 30 days. You may apply sooner if you receive permission from a Head Administrator or higher.