Diverge Networks
Masco Ban Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Masco Ban Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=5712)

Masco Ban Appeal - Mascotics - 04-22-2023

Your Name: Masco

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve): STEAM_0:0:28125845

Your Discord ID#: Masco#1715

Reason for ban: Metagame PO x 1

Length of ban: 1 Week

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): Dispute

Why should you be unbanned?

In the clip provided to the Admin, there is no clear evidence of metagaming. What this clip omits is that all of us were going to our rooms on Floor 3 of Le Grande. Some random white shirt got in the elevator and hit Floor 6 on the keypad. Zane got off the elevator on Floor 6 with two whiteshirts. When Zane didn't make it back to the elevator before the doors closed, we went back up to get him (unbeknown that he was getting robbed) so we could all go to the rooms on Floor 3. On the way back up, we heard gun shots. When we come out of the elevator, we see Zane's dead body. With all the doors locked on Floor 6 of Le Grande, there's only one hallway that they could have went down. None of us were even in a Discord call and it could not be proven that we were in a Discord call. When I asked for evidence of this, no one could provide anything, but the admin banned us "because it looked suspicious". Even though I literally provided him the time line of events that matched and correlated with the video. With no proof of metagaming going on and the knowledge first-hand that there was no metagaming going on, I submit this appeal of my ban for metagaming. Only in Communist or Dictator states do you get punished and/or are found guilty of a crime without proof of evidence of said crime or on "suspicions".

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): Here is the evidence that was provided to the admin - https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/15PplduEyLlmuP/Pte3aUkiHGRx?invite=cr-MSxqeXUsMTYzOTA2ODQ4LA

RE: Masco Ban Appeal - Agitator - 04-22-2023

Hello I was the staff member who decided to ban you. To me the clip is obviously meta game when you bring up all factors. Plus with you leading the sit I still decided after 30 minutes of being in the sit the meta game was clear. Best of luck getting unbanned.

RE: Masco Ban Appeal - Mascotics - 04-22-2023

(04-22-2023, 02:33 PM)Agitator Wrote: Hello I was the staff member who decided to ban you. To me the clip is obviously meta game when you bring up all factors. Plus with you leading the sit I still decided after 30 minutes of being in the sit the meta game was clear. Best of luck getting unbanned.

While I appreciate your opinion, like I did last night, I respectfully ask you to provide the evidence of metagaming. How is that obviously metagaming when the clip is of them robbing Zane? It doesn't even show us at all. Like I said in the post and last night, we were already in the elevator. We were going to our rooms and Zane got stuck on Floor 6, so we went back up to get him. Not sure how that's metagaming.

The timing of the elevator doesn’t back that. It is perfect timing whenever he stops talking you and your 2 friends come up.

(04-22-2023, 02:50 PM)Agitator Wrote: The timing of the elevator doesn’t back that. It is perfect timing whenever he stops talking you and your 2 friends come up.

Again, I present the argument that you literally cannot speak, in-game on voice chat, while in the F1 menu to drop a suit. Give it a try next time you're in the server. Go to the F1 menu and then try to speak in game. It physically does not work. We were already established in the elevator going up to get him because he got stuck on the floor. None of the elevator timing proves metagaming. It's amazing how they started the clip after he got stuck and not showing everyone was already on the elevator (you can tell the convenience of this by the fact they already had their weapons drawn before the clip begins). Also, I asked that you check their characters to prove they were mug/PK baiting on alt characters, and you didn't do that. In fact, you already knew they were because they just tried to mug a guy for the same suit. You said that in the sit to them. Why was no punishment dealt to them?

If my timeline was accurate enough to void the PK's, I am not sure how it doesn't add up everywhere else.

RE: Masco Ban Appeal - Alex Carvetelo - 04-22-2023

@agitator Did the guy mugging get banned for saying "Press F7" ?

(04-22-2023, 03:06 PM)Alex Carvetelo Wrote: @agitator Did the guy mugging get banned for saying "Press F7" ?

Nope.

RE: Masco Ban Appeal - dirty dan - 04-22-2023

(I was banned in the same sit)

A major part of the sit left out in this appeal was that both parties were found breaking the rules and had made a compromise. We offered compensation and the other party had agreed and considered everything fair and even. The two players that mugged us had been determined to be on mugging alts, enough for you to declare that any PKs made were invalid. If one party suffered an minor in-game penalty only (not getting their PKs) why didn't our offer of compensation fit the manner of the sit, especially when it was enthusiastically accepted by the only "victims" of our slip up?

Judging from these two Donator's other characters, you can easily assume that those were mugging alts:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/ExodusMal/  
STEAM_0:0:560310320

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198315198391/
STEAM_0:1:177466331

However, you lessened their charge by saying they were under 'suspicion' of being mugging alts because there's no hard proof. They didn't gain their PKs, but they weren't punished with a loss in any way. I believe that same logic should apply to our accusations of metagame, there is no concrete evidence that we were metagaming and everything we did in those clips could have been done without the use of any external program. In all honesty, I think the solution should have been to PK the original victim as intended rather than ban 4 people for metagame.

By the end of the sit you were saying you’re going to give the other party 2 mill to keep there mouth shut. That isn’t a valid way for me not to ban. You also went on to message the person to lie on this appeal. By the end of the whole situation you were basically admitting to metagame and with previous offenses on 3/4 of your party’s record my feelings on you meta gaming became that much stronger.

RE: Masco Ban Appeal - Rem - 04-22-2023

You can't offer someone money to not get banned during a sit. That isn't how it works and I don't know why you have this conception. The staff member decides your punishment, not you or the person who made the ticket. Offering money in a sit like that is metagame in itself.

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this ban to be reasonable and/or justified.

Ensure you have read our Server Rules