Diverge Networks
Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=5713)

Staff Application - Monty Grey - 04-22-2023

In-Game Name(s): John Kash
Steam Name: SkenghisKhan
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/SkenghisKhan/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:23278376
Discord Username: Sprickles#6403
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1 month 3 days 16 hours
Time Zone: BST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: An hour or two a day
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  *
The reason I'm applying is because after 2 years of playing I thought it was time to see behind the curtain and see what staff was like on Diverge. I've never used Nutscript before but have extensively used other tools such as ULX and CGA. Diverge has always been good to me and I've found the staffing to be efficient and punctual a standard I'm hoping to maintain. I like to think I know a lot of about the server’s politics, intricacies and quirks but I genuinely have no idea how the staff works and as a high ranking staff member on an unrelated server I would just like to see how it all works and, in the process, help a server I genuinely really enjoy. Being in Europe I can try fill in during the lulls in players and available staff but also being able to help during the early hours in my time zone which is when the server is at it's peak. I really see this as a learning experience for me and a place to broaden my horizons.
Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  *
I believe my extensive history of staff on other servers and my dedication on said servers and my 2 yearlong love for Diverge to allow me to stand out from the crowd. my willingness to learn a system I am totally unfamiliar with shows my eagerness to learn and try new things and processes of doing those things. I believe my diverse background player Diverge with a lot of citizen roleplay, legal faction roleplay and illegal faction roleplay will show that I have a broad knowledge of many of the facets of the server’s community and play. Calling back to my motivations I believe my time zone gives me a unique position to staff when very few staff are about which can hopefully make the European player base staffed better and make the playing experience for new and old players more enjoyable. It’s a fairly love it or hate it attribute but I can be fairly outspoken about things which can be great in the sense of talking about the future and things that may need to change but can also come across negatively depending the person and the situation.
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):
I have been staffing on a popular darkrp server for almost 4 years where I am the highest possible rank and actively work with the owner and the QA team to create and test new updates for the server as well as jointly running the staff team with the Super Admins. I’m currently taking a brief step back from that server keep myself fresh and try new things like staffing on here.
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:
I have been banned once because one of my accounts was linked to a joint Counter Strike with a friend who got banned and decide to alt on the joint account which also connected to my account bringing me down with it. I appealed that ban and you can find the appeal in my thread history.
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  *
I’d say I have a broadly positive opinion in the community I still run my old factions discord on the side where I host a space for people enjoy custom clothing, rare guns and items. On the server I’d say I’m less known with my main character who is currently just a citizen and buys and sells rare clothing. I’d say those who know me when I ran my most recent faction (Kwik Kash) would think pretty good of me, we ran an RP focussed pawn shop where our goal was to put money in everyone’s pockets and clothe whiteshirts. My first faction anyone who played then doesn’t really play anymore but we were a small faction who bit off more than we could chew and got caught up in a massive 8 vs 1 war where we fought valiantly but died in the process. I’d say since restarting the old faction discord people are probably more familiar with me trading buying and selling, because before then I was inactive for a few months and a lot of new players joined between then and now.
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names:
None currently
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:
If there are other staff available I’ll leave the situation up to them but if I’m the only one available or the server is swamped with report I don’t mind taking action and ending my current RP and as long as the whole situation was clear to me take action and deal with the situation myself.
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:
If I notice anyone abusing I will clip it and report it to my higher ups in DMs or a UA ticket if needed.
A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?:
If other staff are available I’ll explain the situation to them and ask if they could take it in my stead to make sure the staff dealing with it is totally impartial but if I’m the only one available I’ll deal with it professionally and deal with it as if they are any other player and go through the standard procedures.
---------------------------------------------------------

RE: Staff Application - CaptSkull21 - 04-22-2023

+1 chill dude good rper would make a good staff member

Staff Application - Rem - 04-27-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team.
Unfortunately, your application has been denied.

You may apply again in 30 days. You may apply sooner if you receive permission from a Head Administrator or higher.