Diverge Networks
Bear's Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Bear's Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=5749)

Bear's Staff Application - Bear - 04-29-2023

In-Game Name(s): Angelo "Hearts" Tommaso
Steam Name: Bear
Steam Profile Linkhttps://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199203574731
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:621654501
Discord Username: HauntedGoose778#7862
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 3w 3d 18h 37min
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 1-2 hours on weekdays and 3-5 hours on weekends per day, on weekends I can staff pretty early because of my sleep schedule, so about 5am-7am EST I would be awake
Have you read the rules?: yes
Do you have a working microphone?: yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: I am familiar with SAM but I'm working on learning nutscript
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: Been on and off this server since early 2020, and have finally been able to find my footing in the server. I see alot of times when there isn't enough staff per ticket and I would like to help out and get people's tickets done effectively and fast. I do enjoy playing on the server and would be happy to help in anyway I possibly can. It's a good server and even though my playtime is low I still feel like I have been around long enough to know the ins and outs of the server itself.
Why should you be considered over other candidates?: I'm dedicated to help in anyway I can, I won't say I’m better but I can say for sure I wouldn't be a bad choice whatsoever. I would be extremely dedicated to making sure the environment is positive for all those on the server, whilst also keeping away the minges. I can do so by giving them some tips and ways they may have fun without the need to make everyone else’s experience worse. I also wake up at the early hours (5am-8am) so I'm available to staff at those times as well if you were to accept me on the staff team.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): For approximately 6 months I was GM and Staff on deepgaming SCPRP, which would have been a few years back now, aswell as some other smaller lesser known servers I've been staff

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: Nope never been banned on this server or any others owned by diverge

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: I would say I have no problems with anyone in the server and i'm well known enough people would regonize me by name. I've made in my opinion a plethora of buddies in this server that I can't name one that wouldn't think I could be useful, resourceful and a good sport whilst assisting the server as staff hopefully for a very long time. I'm also pretty active especially at the early hours so i could staff then aswell when there is no staff online *

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: NovaLuna, Vagabond
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: If I'm off-duty and present at the incident I would record the situation, and go On-Duty so I can deal with it further. However if I feel the RDM is too personal (aka I'm buds with the guy) I would forward it on to another member of the staff team, so that there are no personal biases in the way of appropriate punishment

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do? get Evidence of the staff member abusing (via recording screenshots etc) then once i have enough evidence i would talk to a higher up let them know the staff members name and what they have been doing/what i've seen them doing then send the evidence over, of course I would see about minimal punishment to the staff members

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I would first talk to them and let them know the rules try to be nice to them but based on the ticket made he/she would still have to receive same punishment as everyone else, they don't get to be let off because there buddy is a moderator.

It may not be perfect or much better but i wrote honestly

RE: Bear's Staff Application - ExodusMal - 04-29-2023

Hes a cool guy, pretty down to earth and genuine, although unfortunately this app is gonna get denied due to its short length, id recommend upgrading it before the staff deny it. +1

RE: Bear's Staff Application - NovaLuna - 04-30-2023

While the application's 5 sentence minimums aren't quite reached, I still think Bear would be a good candidate for moderator. He is a very chill and generous fellow, and I trust that he will be able to handle tickets well and efficiently.

If the requirements were fully reached, I would give this a huge plus 1, but even as it is, I still support Bear becoming a moderator.

Good luck, Bear!

RE: Bear's Staff Application - Fox - 04-30-2023

I totally would've given this a +1 as Bear is a great guy but I feel like the application is a bit lacking Sad

RE: Bear's Staff Application - Elite - 04-30-2023

Massive +1 guys a perfect person for staff

RE: Bear's Staff Application - Kurt The Biggest Steppa - 04-30-2023

+1 good man in game and he would be great staff

RE: Bear's Staff Application - Noar - 04-30-2023

+1 | has been helpful me new players joining the server helped me out a lot and didn't know was going for staff. I would highly recommend this man.

RE: Bear's Staff Application - SnowC - 05-05-2023

Nice suit blud

+1

RE: Bear's Staff Application - vagabond - 05-05-2023

+1 despite some of the responses being lacking, I don’t think that it is indicative of his inability to be staff! Good luck Smile

Bear's Staff Application - Rem - 05-06-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.