Diverge Networks
Amendments to muggin/raiding rules - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: Amendments to muggin/raiding rules (/showthread.php?tid=5778)

Amendments to muggin/raiding rules - Fox - 05-07-2023

Hola,

Had a quick suggestion for some amendments to the mugging and raiding rules on the server.

I know a lot of people will agree and disagree with my opinion on this but... currently the server feels like you physically can't go anywhere without risk of being mugged. I encourage people to mug but at times it's honestly starting to feel a bit DarkRPish. I feel like I'm seeing people making side characters, joining a faction really quick or do a small amount of processing and then just going on mugging and raiding sprees, to make themselves look like non-mugging chars. Whilst they obviously risk their character, if they die they just make new ones.

Whilst I totally understand the 'streets aren't safe' vibe I feel like the below would balance out the mugging/raiding requirements. 

- Make lockpicking a chance based activity - so there's a percentage chance your lockpick could break in the door. Maybe make it so after that you can't pick the same door for X amount of time? this would lead raiders to have to carry more lockpicks with them, increasing the risk of arrest if someone has the chance to call the police / act on it violently if necessary.

- Change the 15 minute mugging cool down to half an hour

- Make raiding and mugging share the same cooldown. If you successfully raid someone who isn't in the property - you can't just go and raid/mug someone else within the timer.

Any thoughts or input always appreciated.

RE: Amendments to muggin/raiding rules - Kurt The Biggest Steppa - 05-07-2023

+1 Most people i see mugging are white shirts with bandanas, they dont fear in losing their characters etc, this epidemic of mugging is stupid asf!

RE: Amendments to muggin/raiding rules - Marcus Grey - 05-07-2023

This is already a rule, just report them:
You may not make a character for the sole purpose of mugging, for example if you are pk'ed for mugging and simply create a new character and continue the same actions. It shows you have no regard for actual roleplay.

I also don't think your suggestions would balance mugging/raiding - it feels fairly balanced as it is now, and is entirely dependent on the situation and map location as to who has the advantage. I get why you don't like it, but just play smart.

Having % chance on lockpicks breaking on doors PLUS the % chance of rolling admins for lockers would make raiding even more difficult to pull off successfully. IMO, lockpicks should be able to be used on lockers with 25% success rate, to stop raids relying on staff response times; lockers would be unable to be picked for 15 minutes by any player following an unsuccessful pick if this change did take place.

30 minutes is a very long time between mugs for a single player, the whole point is to lay low but not being able to do anything for 30 fucking minutes? It will just encourage people to leave the server. Also having 2 separate illegal activities with little correlation share the same cooldown just seems kinda weird to me.

RE: Amendments to muggin/raiding rules - Lemuro - 05-07-2023

-1. You said it yourself, "Streets aren't safe".

Regarding the lockpicking, I don't think it's necessary at all. Ever since the significant rise of raiding and overall street crimes, buildings like The Imperial have become more guarded. From a non-mingy mugger's perspective, ever since this, we barely go into The Imperial anymore. They have started adjusting to this change, which makes both the muggers and factions experience more "on edge". It's already a punishment enough that the lockpicks break after use.
For your second and third point, you are lucky there is a timer at all. Mugging is an essential part to Mafia RP, it's part of what makes this server a crime server and not a server where you vote and eat fake food at restaurants. Also, by smoothing this spike in crime, the cops will be going back to waiting for someone to go 5 miles over the speed limit.
Mugging just allows RP to breed better and has people putting more thought into RP.

RE: Amendments to muggin/raiding rules - Lordskips - 05-08-2023

-1 if your stupid enough to get robbed that's your fault