Diverge Networks
Jimmy's Unban Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Jimmy's Unban Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=578)

Jimmy's Unban Appeal - Smokey - 01-24-2021

Your Name: Jimmy Gigante 

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve): https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198059469131/

Reason for ban: RDM ( which im disputing) Mass Attempted RDM ( which im disputing) NITRP (which im disputing), LTAP (which I agree with) and LTARP (which I agree with) 

Length of ban: 21 Days

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): So I had been drinking rather heavily Thursday night ( which is the night I got banned), I was running a business with a co-worker of mine when we had an altercation with two gentlemen and although at this point it was only verbal, either one of them or one of us would continue harassing the other party for around 30 minutes to an hour. I had an expensive gun equipped that I was saving for my boss, that I decided to use earlier (due to minges in our store who had been asked to leave and refused) and I never de-equipped. Later in the night ( like I said around 30 minutes to an hour later) I said something verbally and got shot by one of the members of their party I wasn't dead yet and remembering I was going to sell the gun I had equipped to my boss, I decided to leave the game ( It was wrong and I shouldn't have done it but I was drunk and it was a instant reaction). I came back to the shop and continued to rp, until I said something, was recognized by one of the two other people and a similar situation occurred which  ended in me shooting this time, but losing the gun battle and  leaving to avoid losing the gun, which I cannot justify. When I again rejoined my coworker suggested we cap the two individuals, we ran up to one but I never shot as he and I began talking about the previous incidents. His friend called an admin, and when my co-worker saw the admin appear he told me to hop off ( which again is completely on me, and I shouldn't have done it). I tried to rejoin later and saw I was banned for 3 days ( I immediately disagreed with the Mass RDM and ARDM and NITRP reasons but I knew I was wrong in the LTAP and LTARP reason, and considering it was only for 3 days I figured it was fair either way). I was gone all day Friday and most of today because I had to work on my family's land, I came back about 30 minutes ago and decided to see exactly how long I had left, which is when I realized my ban had been extended from 3 days to 21 days. Which im assuming has to do with the Mass RDM , Attempted Mass RDM and NITRP charges as I saw someone earlier that night get banned for lying to staff and LTAP for only 24 hours. The reason I have a problem with the Mass RDM charge is that I never killed either one of them, and anyone I had killed that night had solely been in RP, and the same with the Attempted Mass RDM Charge, as the only time I had actually shot one of them was when I had been in danger of being shot myself, albeit even thought I had committed LTARP at this time. The NITRP charge I disagree with because I had been RPing for the majority of the night and every other time I had been on the server and i've been on for over a month. However, I do recognize that I broke rules by leaving to avoid punishment and to avoid rp ( in the sense I didn't want to lose a gun that I was selling back to my boss, mainly because I spent all of my money to buy 2 dragonovs to re-sell). I do apologize for breaking the rules against leaving to avoid punishment and to avoid rp, which is why Im not asking to be unbanned tonight, but I would prefer if the original punishment of 3 days in reinstated. 

Why should you be unbanned? In playing this server for over a month this is the first time I have ever been banned. I also stated why I disagree with my first 3 reasons of being banned, however I do not condone my actions ( namely my LTAP and LTARP) and I do think that I should serve out my original ban period (3 days). Regardless I recognize it is completely up to staff to decide my punishment, all I ask is that my server record be taken into account, as well as the fact that I am sincerely sorry for leaving to avoid punishment and leaving to avoid rp. Regardless of the outcome of this appeal, I do plan on being a better community member and player. 

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): N/A.

RE: Jimmy's Unban Appeal - Sudo - 01-24-2021

So, I had several reports of you throughout the night... ranging from RDM > FailRP > FearRP.

After checking logs you had killed a total of 5 people with 30 minutes, damaged around another 4-5 & when I pulled you into a sit you instantly logged off.

RE: Jimmy's Unban Appeal - Smokey - 01-24-2021

(01-24-2021, 04:00 AM)Sudo Wrote: So, I had several reports of you throughout the night... ranging from RDM > FailRP > FearRP.

After checking logs you had killed a total of 5 people with 30 minutes, damaged around another 4-5 & when I pulled you into a sit you instantly logged off.
I ain't trying to be rude but from my memory the people I had killed that night had been in reason I.E. I killed a guy inside our gunstore for mic spamming , killed a cop for trying to arrest a friend of mine, and killed another guy for hitting/ beating a friend of mine. I can't remember a single situation where I was under fearrp ( from my understanding that means I had at least two guns pointed at me preventing me from using my own gun), and the only instant of failrp being me leaving to avoid being finished off, which I did. However I'm fairly certain that I had only injured the Mexican gentlemen before bein' banned, again I was drunk (albeit heavily drunk) but I wasn't black out drunk so I remember alot of that night , so up until my ban (30 minutes to an hour they were the only two gentlemen I had an issue with). I'd also like to mention that I did leave before ever being dragged into a sit, as, as soon as an admin appeared I mentioned it in my vc and was told to log off, which I did. I was still in the middle of the street surrounded by people ( including the two gentlemen ) when I logged. Not trying to justify me logging off to avoid punishment or disconnecting to avoid rp, and if there is proof that I did these other accusations, then I'll take my punishment. But to the best of my knowledge all I did was LTAP and LTARP, which I should be punished for and all im asking is the original punishment of 3 days be re-instated as Im fairly confident that the other charges are incorrect.

Jimmy's Unban Appeal - Canadian-bacon - 01-27-2021

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this ban to be reasonable and/or justified.

Ensure you have read our Server Rules