Diverge Networks
Blitzdev Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: Blitzdev Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=5781)

Blitzdev Staff Application - Blitzdev54 - 05-08-2023

In-Game Name(s): Mark Florez, Rishi “Dayaaheen” Patel
Steam Name: BlitzDev54
Steam Profile Link: Steam Community :: BlitzDev54
Steam ID: 76561198282015637
Discord Username:  blitzdev54#4098
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 2d 19hr and 15min
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: On weekends I can plan to dedicate 4-5 hours, and on weekdays about 2 hours each day due to school.
Have you read the rules?: I have thoroughly read the rules. 
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes.
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Absolutely
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  I personally take joy in leadership and aiding growing communities, especially that which relates to gaming. I have been a passionate player of GMOD for over 6 years of my life through countless accounts and computers, and I've fallen in love with the dedication and outstanding work ethic put forward towards these GMOD roleplay servers. I, myself, have heavily familiarized myself with server moderation through heavy study, patience, and leadership, and while my playtime is on the lower side I can say with confidence that through the experience I've had in previous, I will treat each and every player I speak to with respect, honesty and empathy. Playing games is my passion, and enforcing the great experience of that is what I am truly after.
Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  While I do not feel as if myself should be of more importance to others, I feel as if my long-term dedication to my interests and patience with others would make me a good and valid candidate. 
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position, and how long): While I do not have previous positions in staffing, I intend for this server to be my first experience. I have studied and spectated the experience of modding for quite a long time and feel as if I am ready for such a responsibility. 
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: I have not been banned before.
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  I personally, have never been a minge on the server, spoken poorly of others, and have never been disrespectful. The friends that I have met on this server, along with my acquaintances would call me patient, fun, and respectful. 
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: My very good friend, Skyzer, has recommended me.
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I would take a file of the accompanying situation and wait to see if an on-duty staff member takes action. If they do not, I will take the time to get on duty and respond to such a situation. 
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would document the staff members' actions using Medal, but before reporting this to a higher-up staff member or reporting I would respectfully ask the staff member why they are doing this. After getting their perspective, if negative, I would turn in my evidence to a higher-up staff member with his or her name included, seeing that the higher-up sees the entire story in detail as well.
A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I would speak to my friend and let them know that I am doing my job, and take my job very seriously, and that I will, unfortunately, have to give them equal punishment regardless of our friendship, as a player on the server deserves equal treatment. 
---------------------------------------------------------

Please understand that once a staff application is posted you are open to receiving either negative or positive critique from the community as well as staff. Your consistent activity on the server will also be monitored and applications can remain open for weeks before any sort of decision is made on them.

RE: Blitzdev Staff Application - CaptSkull21 - 05-08-2023

+1 good dude not mingy at all actually RPs chill dude very friendly I think he would be a good staff member

RE: Blitzdev Staff Application - Skyzer - 05-08-2023

+1 Good person and player overall. I have seen the man around the city and always takes the RP to another level. Think he good be a good fit for the team!

RE: Blitzdev Staff Application - vagabond - 05-09-2023

Well written! +1

RE: Blitzdev Staff Application - Fox - 05-09-2023

-1 Good application, I just think you need more play time