Diverge Networks
Chirp's Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: Chirp's Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=5783)

Pages: 1 2 3

Chirp's Staff Application - Batty Chirps - 05-08-2023

In-Game Name(s): Archbishop Jackson "Fat Jack" Smith

Steam Name: Batty Chirps

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198404420361/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22207731

Discord Username: batty chirps#1267

Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 3w 5d 5h 42m

Time Zone: (GMT+1)

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 5 days a week realistically 9-5 (i get alot of free time at work)

Have you read the rules?: yes

Do you have a working microphone?: yes

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): yes

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: i know a couple things enough to get by but I'm very interested in learning more and I pick up things very quickly, I have used darkrp commands on private server in the past and used noclip to fly around, I am aware of nutscript and have use ULX commands in the past.

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: yes

-------------------------------------------------

Long Answer

Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  My time spent on the server has been a great experience the roleplay and community that surrounds it keeps it interesting and I want to see it thrive and prosper and this will be a great opportunity to do my part by helping staff during certain hours when other staff members are not on, very often I am on and waiting for a staff member to get on or take a ticket with this chance I can help get ticket waiting time down and offer a wider range of staff availability with the times that I am on, also help maintain good player retention with a professional and mature manner.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  My ability to remain calm and patient and listening when working in customer service IRL, which is what this job would entail is a good skill to take to use for this opportunity, I understand the server and the community very well at this point and feel like I can deliver a good staffing service to players and also help out new players and give them a chance to do well.

I know I can be on at times where others arent as my morning time is very often 0-1 staff members online, I am very well known in the community and a quick learner when it comes to learning the staffing job, I have great passion for the server as my play time is over the course of just a few months I really enjoy the time on the server.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): I do not have  any staffing experiance this will be my first time being a staff member on a server.

I am well aware of the Dark-RP commands, and have used them to the best of my ability in private play. Regardless of the differences in usage or menus that may be available on Diverge, I am willing and able to learn the new format quickly."

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: I have had multiple warnings for different things and a few short bans however with each warning I have used it as a learning experience and a chance to improve myself,  I then encourage others not to do the same things that got me warned as I have a leadership role in my faction and people look up to me so i try to set a proper example for those who follow and look up to me.

My last ban was due to a misunderstanding, I killed someone because he was going to snitch to the police about a situation. I missunderstood the situation and learned from my mistake, i have even sought for advice on when it is right to take action against a snitch and have now been adviced properly after speaking to canadian bacon on how i should handle that situation in the future.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  I would say i am quite well known in the community if people dont know my name they most certainly know my voice, if i do become staff it would not surprise me if people call me jack instead of my staff name, for instance during a conversation with a certain detective i was speaking to him, when i /looc said somthing to him he was like "OH your jack!"

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: FOX, DONG, Vagabond, Voyles.

Problem Solving

Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: In the event I am currently engaged in a ongoing roleplay situation, I would do my best to supply another staff member to assist in the referenced issue, however if there is no alternative, I would try to continue through my roleplay and finish as soon as possible so I may return to my administrative position and help where necessary if the problem is still active.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: To deal with this matter correctly i would gather evidence such as clips or screen shots of the instances and make a staff report on the forums.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I would pull them to a sit and explain to them the rules, the idea of pulling them to a sit rather than just telling them over discord is kind of like pulling them into an office its official and formal and will add gravitas to what im trying to tell them for instance tell them what it is they did wrong if they dont understand and offer advice on how to play the server properly, if required I will issue a warning or a ban and tell him not to fuck around, any good friend of mine will know its just a game and if i loose a friend over that then they can take their negative energy with them.

RE: Chirp's Staff Application - Skyzer - 05-08-2023

+1 Good guy and super active. He is also very friendly and helpful person to others.

RE: Chirp's Staff Application - jarbo321 - 05-08-2023

[Image: 7908679.jpg?type=mds-article-962]
+1 Good Guy. Active Dude. The King Approves.

RE: Chirp's Staff Application - Fox - 05-08-2023

+1 as advised in the app.

Great guy, very fast learner and has learned from the mistakes he made in the past. Believe he would make a great member of the team.

RE: Chirp's Staff Application - Toast - 05-08-2023

Friendly guy, has no life, could be an asset to the staff team. +1

RE: Chirp's Staff Application - Sergdaflerg - 05-08-2023

(05-08-2023, 07:39 PM)Batty Chirps Wrote: In-Game Name(s): Archbishop Jackson "fatjack" Smith
Steam Name: Batty Chirps
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198404420361/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22207731
Discord Username: batty chirps#1267
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 3w 5d 5h 42m
Time Zone: (GMT+1)
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 5 days a week realistically 9-5 (i get alot of free time at work)
Have you read the rules?: yes
Do you have a working microphone?: yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: i know a couple things enough to get by but I'm very interested in learning more and I pick up things very quickly, I have used darkrp commands on private server in the past and used noclip to fly around, I am aware of nutscript and have use ULX commands in the past.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: yes
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  My time spent on the server has been a great experience the roleplay and community that surrounds it keeps it interesting and I want to see it thrive and prosper and this will be a great opportunity to do my part by helping staff during certain hours when other staff members are not on, very often I am on and waiting for a staff member to get on or take a ticket with this chance I can help get ticket waiting time down and offer a wider range of staff availability with the times that I am on, also help maintain good player retention with a professional and mature manner.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  My ability to remain calm and patient and listening when working in customer service IRL, which is what this job would entail is a good skill to take to use for this opportunity, I understand the server and the community very well at this point and feel like I can deliver a good staffing service to players and also help out new players and give them a chance to do well.

I know I can be on at times where others arent as my morning time is very often 0-1 staff members online, I am very well known in the community and a quick learner when it comes to learning the staffing job, I have great passion for the server as my play time is over the course of just a few months I really enjoy the time on the server.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): I do not have  any staffing experiance this will be my first time being a staff member on a server. I have used darkrp commands on private server in the past and used noclip to fly around and can learn fast.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: I have had multiple warnings for different things and a few short bans however with each warning I have used it as a learning experience and a chance to improve myself,  I then encourage others not to do the same things that got me warned as I have a leadership role in my faction and people look up to me so i try to set a proper example for those who follow and look up to me.

My last ban was due to a misunderstanding, I killed someone because he was going to snitch to the police about a situation. I missunderstood the situation and learned from my mistake, i have even sought for advice on when it is right to take action against a snitch and have now been adviced properly after speaking to canadian bacon on how i should handle that situation in the future.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  I would say i am quite well known in the community if people dont know my name they most certainly know my voice, if i do become staff it would not surprise me if people call me jack instead of my staff name, for instance during a conversation with a certain detective i was speaking to him, when i /looc said somthing to him he was like "OH your jack!"

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: FOX, DONG.
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I could clip it using my clipping software, and if there is another admin available to take the ticket then i can let them handle it as i have confidence that they can handle the situation appropriately, if there is no other staff member on at the time which is able to handle the incident then I can Switch to my other Char and bring them to an admin sit and advice them on how to conduct themselfs properly, if neccersery a warning or even a ban if required.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: To deal with this matter correctly i would gather evidence such as clips or screen shots of the instances and make a staff report on the forums.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I would pull them to a sit and explain to them the rules, the idea of pulling them to a sit rather than just telling them over discord is kind of like pulling them into an office its official and formal and will add gravitas to what im trying to tell them for instance tell them what it is they did wrong if they dont understand and offer advice on how to play the server properly, if required I will issue a warning or a ban and tell him not to fuck around, any good friend of mine will know its just a game and if i loose a friend over that then they can take their negative energy with them.

(05-08-2023, 07:47 PM)Skyzer Wrote: +1 Good guy and super active.  He is also very friendly and helpful person to others.

RE: Chirp's Staff Application - 6tens - 05-08-2023

Nice guy and he is active on the server +1

RE: Chirp's Staff Application - Worlld - 05-08-2023

+1

Very active member of the community, awesome person to hang with / be around in-game, knows rules of the server well

RE: Chirp's Staff Application - Sergdaflerg - 05-08-2023

Great guy, is super friendly and was patient with me when I first started getting into rp on this server, I used to just walk around and get bored as no one was helpful but he pulled me aside one day and made it interesting, I have been on the server ever since definitely a great addition to the staff team!

RE: Chirp's Staff Application - RoyceC - 05-08-2023

+1 Good Rper and very social/active person. Would be a nice addition to the staff team.