Diverge Networks
I'mNotFunny.DMN Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: I'mNotFunny.DMN Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=5794)

I'mNotFunny.DMN Staff Application - Yober - 05-10-2023

In-Game Name(s): Paul Rosenthal, John Pullman, Jari Seppala

Steam Name: I'mNotFunny.DMN

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198051546625/

Steam ID: [b]76561198051546625[/b]

Discord Username: Yober#6320

Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 4d 8h 15m

Time Zone: EST

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: I just graduated high school so realistically I can be on any day from Monday to Wednesday as I work Thursday through Sunday. However, after work on those days, usually after 10pm I usually play until about 1-3am.

Have you read the rules?: 
Yes I have.
Do you have a working microphone?: 
Yes I do.

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): 
I understand completely.

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: 
I am very familiar with Nutscript. I used to run a small HL2 RP server and we used Nutscript for that.

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes I do.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  * 
A lot of the time when I'm online there arent too many staff online. I'm not saying the staff are inactive, I'm saying I think I may usually be on when a lot of staff either can't or just aren't online. Not only this but I also tend to be on when there are a wide range of active players. Sometimes when I'm on there are only 30 and other times the server is almost full. I very much so enjoy the server and I've done many things in it in the relatively short time I've been a part of it. I really honestly believe I could make a difference here in this server. I want to help make it a more fun and engaging environment.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  *
I have graduated high-school and have much more time on my hands for this. I've been staff before and as previously mentioned I used to run a small HalfLife-2 RP server a couple of years. In addition to this I already understand Nutscript and the commands available on the server and how to use them. I also seem to get along with people fairly well and know how to de-escalate situations pretty well. I had to learn this from a few years in the customer service industry. In all I think my schedule, being on during weekdays makes me stand out a little bit as most people work on weekdays or have school. Meaning I can be on when some other staff may not be able to.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):
Yes! I ran a small Hl2 RP server. I was owner. It was called "Far Beyond"

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:
N/A

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  *
I believe I get along with people well and am fairly liked. My character Paul Rosenthal runs The Daily Bugle which seems to be positively received in the server and by the community. In fact I've had a few people come up to me and ask about the bugle that I've never met. Its a good feeling when a stranger recognizes you in a positive way. Since I've tried to integrate myself in the community, I believe I could work very well as staff and relate to the people in the community. I get on quite often now a days and love to make peoples time on the server more enjoyable.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: N/A
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: 
I would clip it and if there are other staff members online I would let them know and inform them so I don't seem bias. However if no staff are online I will go on-duty and take care of it myself, making sure to clip every moment as to be transparent.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:
I would let a higher up know the severity of the situation. For example if its nothing very noticeable I will mention that and ask the higher up keep an eye on him while sending in clips of the actions. If it is more severe such as full on admin abuse I will include that and gather evidence of these situations through clips.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: 
I would clip what I can of the actions and rules they have broken and attempt to contact another staff member to deal with it as I do not want to appear bias. However if I need to I will take action myself, again clipping every moment to prove I wasn't "too easy" because they're my friend. I understand this could have a negative impact on a friendship, but if a Garry's Mod server is the deciding factor of a friendship I don't think it was a friendship that strong to begin with.

RE: I'mNotFunny.DMN Staff Application - CaptSkull21 - 05-10-2023

+1 good dude good rper met with all 3 of his chars none of them are mingies and very RP overall friendly person

RE: I'mNotFunny.DMN Staff Application - Skyzer - 05-11-2023

+1 good app

RE: I'mNotFunny.DMN Staff Application - Generic rapper - 05-11-2023

"I just graduated high school so realistically I can be on any day from Monday to Wednesday as I work Thursday through Friday"
You only work on Thursday and Friday but can only play on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday? what happened to Sunday and Saturday?

I'mNotFunny.DMN Staff Application - Rem - 05-15-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.