Diverge Networks
Un’PK - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Character Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: Un’PK (/showthread.php?tid=5853)

Un’PK - KoyoteSJ - 05-23-2023

Name of Character: Uncle Le'Roy

SteamID: KoyoteSJ

Your Discord ID#: KoyoteSJ#0146

Date of PK: 5/21/23

Reason for PK: Mugging

Why should you be unPK'd? What server rule or PK rule was violated?: I usually wouldn't go out of the way to appeal something like this but my situation wasn't even right. I was in La Grande with my friend and a car comes rolling in the bottom floor blasting music. I go into the elevator to gamble upstairs and I turn to see two guys with guns. Unable to hear anything over the music blasting I didn't even hear them saying "This is a mug" and resulted in being shot up within 10 seconds of even entering the elevator. I only realized what happened after and admin told me the scenario, I was told they asked for my chain and it wasn't mentioned once in the clip I was linked to. I wouldn't even have thought it was possible to begin with even if I heard it being under the assumption that it wasn't allowed in general to mug in public area's. Under any situation I was able to comprehend what was going on I would've rather complied than to be completely PK'd in total. I'd appreciate the chance to use my character again.   This's the link to the clip i'm not sure how to download it , I feel as if even the video shows I wasn't even aware of what was going on .    

If possible please provide video evidence or photo evidence if PK does not follow the guidelines: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-
mod/clips/...NzcxODA5LA

RE: Un’PK - Moses - 05-23-2023

You and your friend were held under gunpoint, and then you turned to run to the elevator. Are there chances you didn’t realize at that point? Sure. But they held you at gunpoint for another 10 seconds inside of the elevator and every time they tried to tie you up, or tell you to stop moving around you kept slightly moving. Whether you heard them or not, they held guns to you and you ran off then died.

RE: Un’PK - KoyoteSJ - 05-23-2023

I never once started to get tied up , my statement of not being able to hear them over the car radio blasting is clearly valid. The admin I spoke to clearly said they asked for my chain also and now a claim of being restrained when I clearly wasn’t from their point of view. I never even left the elevator , I didn’t sprint either I was turning my back to them to talk to them and got shot up. I’ve been playing the game for years at this point I would’ve easily complied knowing I’d get pk’d otherwise.

I never said they wanted your chain, I don’t know what they were robbing you for. I don’t care about that, nor does it matter. From the clip that is shown, you blatantly kept moving whilst under gunpoint. You not hearing doesn’t matter seeing you had ample time to stop moving away from the people pointing weapons at you. You can say they “clearly weren’t tying you up” from their POV, but two thing:

1. Guy in front isn’t recording, it’s the guy in the back
2. Cant tie somebody up when they move… that’s the whole idea. It looks like they’re trying to tie you, you keep moving (surely the loud music doesn’t lower your eyesight) and you get shot

RE: Un’PK - KoyoteSJ - 05-23-2023

You can’t tie somebody up with a gun pulled out . He had it out the entire time , I wasn’t even looking at them until I put in the button for the elevator. It seems like the only way you can get accepted is to provide a clip at this point .

I couldn’t hear them , plus no “you are being tied up” on my screen. I never claimed to not have eyesight but it’s completely normal for people to have guns pulled out I had Zero signs in this circumstance to understand what was going on until my talk with the admin.

My friend and I had zero communication in this matter also I didn’t know he was involved until the next day where his character was banned it didn’t seem like a mug to either of us does no one realize the entire car in the lobby floor ? Why would I be thrown off by guns . there’s no hypothetical situation to this matter the facts are all in the video and my statement which I feel is completely justified .

You certainly can tie somebody up with a gun out by using the zip ties through your inventory instead of the c menu.

Regardless, you not realizing you were being mugged because you are “too used to guns being drawn” isn’t an excuse. I think we’re done here.

RE: Un’PK - ZOOMER - 05-24-2023

Granted that the volume of the music was indeed loud, it still does not remove the fact that you were under FearRP. Even if you were indeed "desensitized" from having weapons pointed at you, anyone who has at least been through similar experiences would know that they are under gunpoint This is made even more obvious given that you were in a tight elevator with the two of them pointing guns at you.

After reviewing the situation and taking in context, the PK is deemed valid. Thank you for taking the time to create an appeal. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us directly.

Your appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this PK to be reasonable and/or justified.

You may not re-appeal this PK.