Diverge Networks
Seansx Ban Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Seansx Ban Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=5870)

Seansx Ban Appeal - Seansx - 05-25-2023

Your Name: Diego "Perro" Diablo

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve):  STEAM_0:0:436856446    ///   76561198833978620

Your Discord ID#: Seansx#2989

Reason for ban: Mass Mugging | RDM | NITRP

Length of ban: 4 Days

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): Dispute

Why should you be unbanned? To begin with the NITRP reasoning I feel like is invalid. The situation was that me and some friends were using in game radios and a blue car and blue outfits to "pretend to FBI", it was a clear joke but it still had RP to it as everything we were doing was in character and we were "arresting people" for breaking laws. It was a joke of course but I feel that what we were doing has more RP value then just running around in black outfits mugging people. At least it makes it interesting to other players when we would go in a business and say we were doing an investigation or needed to interrogate someone. It was impersonation of a government official which gives something for cops to do since its a crime. 

The mass mugging I feel like is also invalid, majority of the time we weren't even mugging people, yes here and there we did mug people but I think in the span of the hour or two that we were doing it we maybe mugged only 2/3 people when we could've mugged like 7/8 people. 

Lastly, I honestly don't know where the RDM is coming from as every person we interacted with and then killed was placed under heavy fearRP due to five of us being there. I did RDM one person without realizing that it would be classified as that and I accepted the punishment for that. 

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): I don't really have any clips but If they are very required I can get some from the friends I was doing it with. Contact me at Seansx#2989 if they are really needed to make a desicion.

RE: Seansx Ban Appeal - James - 05-25-2023

Myself and another admin (Tower) were watching your and your friends go around for around half an hour drive up to everyone you saw jump out of your car point guns at them and try to tie them up if they didn't listen you shot them. If you shoot them because they aren't stopping to let you tie them up so you can mug them that still courts as a mugging as your intent there was to mug and take all their shit even if you didn't actually get to do so. Just because you try and say its a "arrest" doesn't make it any different, you were still tying them and taking their shit or just straight up shooting them. I brought you to a sit just before i caught on to you guys mass mugging because you attempted to mug someone in front of the clothing store npc so you and your friends were most likely doing it for longer than what i saw.

RE: Seansx Ban Appeal - Seansx - 05-25-2023

(05-25-2023, 05:42 PM)James Wrote: Myself and another admin (Tower) were watching your and your friends go around for around half an hour drive up to everyone you saw jump out of your car point guns at them and try to tie them up if they didn't listen you shot them. If you shoot them because they aren't stopping to let you tie them up so you can mug them that still courts as a mugging as your intent there was to mug and take all their shit even if you didn't actually get to do so. Just because you try and say its a "arrest" doesn't make it any different, you were still tying them and taking their shit or just straight up shooting them. I brought you to a sit just before i caught on to you guys mass mugging because you attempted to mug someone in front of the clothing store npc so you and your friends were most likely doing it for longer than what i saw.

I'm not gonna deny that we did try to tie some people up, but it's not like we were going around and doing it every 5 minutes. I think we maybe mugged a total of 2/3 people over the two hours we did it and we always waited for the mugging timer at the bare minimum, sometimes waiting like probably 30 minutes in between muggings. I think every person that we did mug were actually breaking laws like they would drive on the wrong side of the road and we would yell for them to pull over. Once we got them we would tie them or "give them a citation". There were plenty of occasions were we would just walk up and /me shows F.B.I badge and just joke around with people.

RE: Seansx Ban Appeal - Irebelle - 05-25-2023

Hello! Given your inability to provide video evidence despite have the resources to do so, as well as logs conflicting with your story, it has been decided that your ban remain in place.

I recommend that if you wish to do stuff like this going forward that you reach out to gamemasters to make this an event. Without staff approval your groups decision to "roleplay" as fbi agents and mass mug people is showing your non-atempt to roleplay. Realistically no one would do this in the real world.

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this ban to be reasonable and/or justified.

Ensure you have read our Server Rules