Diverge Networks
Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=5903)

Staff Application - Abusive Polish Grandad - 05-28-2023

In-Game Name(s): Silvio Natale, Senior Officer Zabar Hundazilamirandarlanda
Steam Name: abusive polish grandad
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/DinkyDaniel/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:167694728 
Discord Username: Daniel...#9817
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1w 4d 18h
Time Zone: PST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: Weekends 10 - 12am PST, Weekdays 4 - 12am PST
Have you read the rules?: Yes.
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes.
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes.
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes, always room to learn more.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: During my time on the server there have been many times when people who require administrative support can get in touch with staff or there is an excessive amount of tickets bottlenecking the efficiency of taking tickets, majority of my time is spent during the late night where there tends to only be one or two staff members who cannot single-handedly manage 50+ players. Having the ability to end prop minge, mass rdm, etc at the moment would have benefitted me and others on countless different occasions, going through the process of making tickets and providing evidence to another staff member over a simple incident is a waste of time for all parties involved. I consider myself very active on the server regardless of character I am in a flexible position where I have the time and motivation to take tickets creating a better roleplay environment. Having a responsibility that is purely objective leaves only room for improvement and learning opportunities, my goal is to advance in the ranks by building a reputation based on quality care and activity.
Why should you be considered over other candidates?: Over the past few years I've had my fair share of experiences on many different staff teams, I've experienced the good and bad of all of them. Seeing how badly a team can fall just with one weak link motivates me to try harder and lead by example. The decision of joining the staff team was a long time coming but after countless amounts of time where staff were visibly overflowed by tickets, it was my chance to lend my hand. I considered myself a well-rounded person not taking to anger quickly allowing for a more concise decision, it comes down to the fact there's no need to get mad over something so small. Consistently being on during downtime makes me very flexible in regards to when I'm able to take part as a staff member, I would dedicate the majority of my time to handling sits. Although I may not be known by many I'm only looking to prove myself by honoring the goals I've set as a staff member.
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): Icefuse CWRP Elite Administrator 1y7m, Icefuse MRP Senior Moderator 6m.
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No.
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: I tend to keep a low profile in regard to my interactions, for those who do know me personally wouldn't have anything against me.
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: N/A
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:  I'd clip the interaction as well as let the other staff members know about the situation, if the person proceeds to repeat the offence without any staff responding I would go on duty and handle the situation myself. The situation can vary depending on my relationship with the person involved but assuming I'm unaware of both the assailants.
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: Collaborate evidence, take it to a higher-ranking member.
A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: Make the situation known to other staff members and keep my distance from said friend whilst on duty. Realistically I would never allow any of my friends to join a server I'm affiliated with to break rules and minge.

Staff Application - Canadian-bacon - 06-02-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.