Diverge Networks
An underworld government suggestion - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: An underworld government suggestion (/showthread.php?tid=5906)

Pages: 1 2

An underworld government suggestion - TheDrunkSail - 05-29-2023

To, Staff. 

If it is possible I think it would be cool to create a government organization for the underground world. (Disclaimer: Not a faction) but, instead a governing body that exercises authority over the underworlds most powerful criminal organizations. 

I have put a lot of thought into this idea... 

Please read the constitution for some context about the Underground Government (The High Table)

Here is the link: https://1drv.ms/w/s!AoFftclSbcbJm2a4gpQ6...f?e=yO0Ni9 

Concept: I would like to give faction lords that are a part of The High Table an in-game medal that distinguish them as a dubbed member of the organization. This helps players identify factions that are a part of the underground government.

The premises of the underground government is to help faction leaders address and take action in reoccurring issues that take place on the server and so that, the organization can develop laws that resolve issues and maintain order in the underworld. The High Table is a network made up of factions that effectively record activities that take place in the city. Factions a part of The High Table cooperate in a collective effort to minimalize conflict. The High Table is essentially the same as the New York City Government: https://discord.gg/r4bUemxk except some liberties will be taken for the sake of continuity of the underground schtick. 

Factions that join The High Table protect their faction members with laws that The High Table sanction in the underworld. All The High Table laws apply to faction members that serve under their faction lord that are a part of the underground government. 

The underground government also gives faction lords a platform to discuss political affaires that are occurring in the underworld. This will allow players to engage in diplomacy through healthy discourse to resolve conflicts. This also gives faction lords an opportunity to commence small scale assassinations through the contacts they have access in the underground world.

The High Table also acts as an archive that keeps factions lords up to date with the latest information about recent events that have occurred. This allows Factions Lords to be well informed about events that they might have not known before joining the organization and deescalate large scale wars. This also plays into the omnipotent overseer of the underworld getup.  

If you need more explanation on the idea feel free to reply to this message. 

I appreciate you taking the time to read my suggestion. 

RE: An underworld government request - TheDrunkSail - 05-29-2023

bro someone edited my link to ''fuck you nigger retard.

If that was a staff member you could have just said it more respectfully. I put a lot of work into that document

If that was a staff member you could have just said it more respectfully. I put a lot of work into that document

(05-29-2023, 09:01 AM)TheDrunkSail Wrote: To, Staff. 

If it is possible I would l like to create a government organization for the underground world. (Disclaimer: Not a faction) but, instead a governing body that exercises authority over the underworlds most powerful criminal organizations. 

Please read the constitution for some context about the Underground Government (The High Table)

Here is the link: https://1drv.ms/w/s!AoFftclSbcbJm2a4gpQ6RiacccUf?e=yO0Ni9

Idea: I would like to give faction lords that are a part of The High Table an in-game medal that distinguish them as a dubbed member of the organization. This helps players identify factions that are a part of the underground government.

The premises of the underground government is to help faction leaders address and take action in reoccurring issues that take place on the server and so that, the organization can develop laws that resolve issues and maintain order in the underworld. The High Table is a network made up of factions that effectively record activities that take place in the city. Factions a part of The High Table cooperate in a collective effort to minimalize conflict. The High Table is essentially the same as the New York City Government: https://discord.gg/r4bUemxk except some liberties will be taken for the sake of continuity of the underground schtick. 

Factions that join The High Table protect their faction members with laws, The High Table sanction in the underworld. All The High Table laws apply to faction members that serve under their faction lord that are a part of the underground government. 

The underground government also gives faction lords a platform to discuss political affaires that are occurring in the underworld. This will allow players to engage in diplomacy through healthy discourse to resolve conflicts. This also gives faction lords an opportunity to commence small scale assassinations through the contacts they have access in the underground world.

The High Table also acts as an archive that keeps factions lords up to date with the latest information about recent events that have occurred. This allows Factions Lords to be well informed about events that they might have not known before joining the organization and deescalate large scale wars. This also plays into the omnipotent overseer of the underworld getup.  

I appreciate you taking the time to read my request. 

(05-29-2023, 10:23 AM)TheDrunkSail Wrote: bro someone edited my link to ''fuck you nigger retard.

(05-29-2023, 09:01 AM)TheDrunkSail Wrote: To, Staff. 

If it is possible I would l like to create a government organization for the underground world. (Disclaimer: Not a faction) but, instead a governing body that exercises authority over the underworlds most powerful criminal organizations. 

Here is the link: https://1drv.ms/w/s!AoFftclSbcbJm2a4gpQ6RiacccUf?e=yO0Ni9

Idea: I would like to give faction lords that are a part of The High Table an in-game medal that distinguish them as a dubbed member of the organization. This helps players identify factions that are a part of the underground government.

Factions that join The High Table protect their faction members with laws, The High Table sanction in the underworld. All The High Table laws apply to faction members that serve under their faction lord that are a part of the underground government. 

I appreciate you taking the time to read my request. 

RE: An underworld government suggestion - Bingus - 05-29-2023

There's already a criminal underworld government that has existed since the server's launch...

RE: An underworld government suggestion - justcallmeryan - 05-29-2023

(05-29-2023, 11:22 AM)Bingus Wrote: There's already a criminal underworld government that has existed since the server's launch...

WOW we're not underground anymore now are we you fkn exposer

RE: An underworld government suggestion - TheDrunkSail - 05-29-2023

(05-29-2023, 11:22 AM)Bingus Wrote: There's already a criminal underworld government that has existed since the server's launch...

I believe our concepts are different.

I intend on my concept influencing the server by establishing order. 
Also, the high table isn't necessarily a secret underworld government. its an underworld government that unifies factions under the constitution i wrote. I hope to make people believe in the constitution I wrote. 

Perhaps I should have named the subject something else

But, I believe youre more of a secret society.

Did you even read the constitution?
It clarifies The High Tables Ideology

RE: An underworld government suggestion - Lucas - 05-29-2023

everything that is part of your suggestion is already covered by the current organization although they don't have medals.

(05-29-2023, 04:35 PM)Lucas Wrote: everything that is part of your suggestion is already covered by the current organization although they don't have medals.
Than why are people still getting away with committing the violations?
All players need to know the rules so, they are conscious of the laws otherwise everyone will continue to do what they do.

Generally the people comitting the violations are either factionless citizens or they are new factions. Most people that commit violations are PKd rather quickly but seeing as many of them are throwaway characters there is no way to keep them from happening.

(05-29-2023, 04:44 PM)Lucas Wrote: Generally the people comitting the violations are either factionless citizens or they are new factions. Most people that commit violations are PKd rather quickly but seeing as many of them are throwaway characters there is no way to keep them from happening.
Whether there is already an existing underground government or not you can't exactly enforce order as a secret society if no one is conscious of your existence and you have no constitution that states your laws. 

So, you're welcome to use my constitution if you don't already have one. You're welcome to rewrite it. Rewrite it as many times the communist manifesto rewrote itself.

I think you are missing one very essential part of the concept of a secret society. It needs to be secret. Now obviously you have no idea about who knows about it and who does not. A lot of people know about it and i mean a lot which means they know the rules it follows and which factions follow them. Now I'm just gonna say this it does have rules.