Diverge Networks
Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=5913)

Staff Application - Drive Fast - 05-29-2023

Staff Application Format
If you wish to apply for staff be sure to fill out the following format. Make sure applications are neat and legible. Short or low effort Applications will be denied.

Make the Application Legible. Format it correctly. (Legible colours, etc)

In-Game Name(s): Marco "Blackjack" Giodanni, Bart Vanderbilt, Kurt Hebrew, Juan "Mezcal" 
Steam Name: Drive Fast Eat A$$
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/ReaperDabs/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:41199306
Discord Username: Drive Fast#5959
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1w 29m
Time Zone: Est
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 20 hours. 3 hours during the week, 6+ on weekends
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  *
My motivation for applying comes from a few things. I have grown fond of the server and would like to do my part in preserving it to the best of my ability. I believe that through staff I can better help to this end. I have a decent amount of time I can dedicate to this and 100% of my time is not required for the RP portion of the server. I myself have noticed some of the wait times for tickets can be long and I would love to be able to assist with these as to allow people to get back to RPing instead of waiting on staff. Being an extra staff member on would also allow me to alleviate some of the pressure from other staff members when a large number of tickets are piling up. Lastly, I have staffed previously in a different server and miss that portion of it and would enjoy getting back to it. 
Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  *
I believe that there are a few reasons I should be considered over other possible candidates. Number 1, I believe that I can keep a very level head during a situation as it would take a lot of minging and insulting for me to actually to be thrown off my game. I also have a fair amount of time on my hands that I can devote to staffing. I have previous staff experience as well which I think could help me to learn the staffing process more quickly. In general I am a quick learner as well and as time progresses I will only get better and better at staffing. 
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):
Icefuse MRP: (2018-2019) T-Mod - Senior Moderator
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:
N/A
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  *
I mainly play on Marco, and I would say that while I am not particularly well known the people I do interact with have a positive outlook on me. I try my best to stay in character when needed and to not do anything that would get me in trouble both RP wise and with the staff team. I do not believe that I have ever been pulled for a "sit" that was a cause of my own actions. So I believe that the staff team as a whole will see me in a positive light. 
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Kurt The Biggest Steppa
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:
If I am currently off duty and I witness this RDM I will first clip it so that I have evidence. If there are other staff members online, I will make a ticket and show them the evidence. If there are truly no other staff members online. I would take it myself and make sure that I clip everything so that I could show a higher-up later on how the situation was handled. 
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:
I would make sure that anything I witness first-hand I clip and begin to gather evidence of this person abusing. I would then contact a different higher up and inform them of the situation. If needed I would also provide them with my evidence so that they would be able to talk/watch them. If no higher-ups are on and it is something that is happening constantly, I would put up the evidence on the forums with a staff report. 
A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?:

After collecting evidence against them in the form of clips I would then hand it off to a different staff member. In order to remove any bias from the situation it is best to hand it off to someone else. Regardless of how the situation ends, I would then contact the friend afterwords and try to figure out what happened with them. If they are going to be upset that I didn't "defend' them in a GMod server then to be honest they weren't much of a friend anyway. 

RE: Staff Application - Kurt The Biggest Steppa - 05-29-2023

+1 I endorse this man to become staff, no PO, no bans, active, and good app!

RE: Staff Application - Noar - 05-29-2023

+1 | Knows the rules of the server and has been here a fair bit. We need more active staff.

RE: Staff Application - vagabond - 05-29-2023

+1 good app

RE: Staff Application - Average Polish Dude - 05-30-2023

+1 know him from his cop character, good mature guy : )

Staff Application - Canadian-bacon - 06-06-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.