Diverge Networks
Unfair ban - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Unfair ban (/showthread.php?tid=6019)

Unfair ban - 55ou11e55 - 06-14-2023

Your Name: Josem Cabron Culeros

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve):STEAM_0:0:52816378

Your Discord ID#: Bonefire#7102

Reason for ban: Rdm ecouragement

Length of ban: 2 weeks

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology):
  1. The reason for my ban is alleged encouragement of a person to engage in random deathmatching (RDM). However, it is important to consider the context that the individual in question had already joined the server with the explicit intention of causing disruptions and engaging in RDM. My involvement merely consisted of providing commentary from the sidelines, motivated by boredom and a desire to witness some activity. Whether or not I encouraged this person is inconsequential, as their intent to commit RDM was evident from the moment I encountered them. They actively sought access to firearms, assaulted other players, and exhibited clear signs that they would inevitably face a ban within the next 30 minutes, regardless of my actions.
  2. During the incident in question, when both the aforementioned person and I were teleported, the executing administrator failed to acknowledge my presence and disregarded my attempts to communicate, while my short attempt to explain the situation to the other administrator were quickly terminated by the executing administrator giving out my ban, disconnecting me from any potential chance to explain it in person and change this unfair situation. This lack of attention demonstrated a disregard for impartial justice and seemed to reflect a desire to expedite the banishment process without due consideration. Such an approach does not align with my belief in fair justice.

Why should you be unbanned?
I respectfully submit my appeal for an unban on the grounds that I have not engaged in random deathmatching (RDM) myself. The incident in question involved another individual who had already demonstrated a clear intention to commit RDM, irrespective of any encouragement on my part. It is crucial to note that my involvement had no bearing on the outcome, as the person in question was allowed to continue their disruptive behavior for an extended period before being banned. Consequently, I have been unjustly deprived of access to the game for a duration of two weeks. This outcome strikes me as unfair and fails to uphold the principles of equitable justice.

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): None, besides logs proving I did not deal damage to any player

RE: Unfair ban - Pendred - 06-14-2023

Are you that socially inept you fail to realise that not a single fucking person in existence writes this way except AI

RE: Unfair ban - Monaclu - 06-14-2023

Fox witnessed you do this once already, and both I and Fox witnessed you giving a gun to a whiteshirt and encouraging him to RDM, and how to "get away with it by trying to get arrested before you do it." Which, he didn't, he just straight RDMed, of course, and so me and Fox decided it'd be most fitting to charge you with the RDM rather than him. Then, we looked at your track record, and noticed that we had to scroll to find the bottom. So, charging you with the RDMs, and taking into account your history, I gave you 2 weeks. I'd just be grateful it was only 2 weeks.

RE: Unfair ban - Fox - 06-14-2023

Just to reiterate what Monaclu posted above. I witnessed you telling him which players to shoot and kill. Someone ran into the alley way you were having a conversation in, and you shouted 'KILL HIM KILL HIM'. Even though they had no violent intention whatsoever.

You were simply just trying to use a new player to MRDM for your amusement. As well as this, in the sit we had, you openly admitted to this and said that you found it enjoyable to watch someone go on a rampage 'He was always going to break the rules and RDM'... knowing it was against the rules, instead of calling staff and stopping it - you chose to use this guy for your own selfish fun by ruining other players RP.

Unfair ban - Pendred - 06-15-2023

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this ban to be reasonable and/or justified.

Ensure you have read our Server Rules