Diverge Networks
Toast - Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: Toast - Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=6028)

Toast - Staff Application - Toast - 06-16-2023

In-Game Name(s): Jason Braxton & Jonathon Stone
Steam Name: Smile
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/smileyface111111/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:640945194
Discord Username: Toast#7798
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): Diverge | Your total time is 3w 6d 18h 0m.
Time Zone: GMT/BST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: A few hours a day.
Have you read the rules?: Yes.
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes.
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Should be able to, unless I'm working.
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No, I am not familiar with the two, however I've had a lot of experience with ULX and other staffing systems in the past.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes.

-------------------------------------------------
[b]Long Answer[/b]
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

[b]What is your motivation/reason for applying?: I've been staff on other servers, mostly DarkRP. Due to being based in England, there's not a lot of staff online in my timezone, usually being 1 or 2, and this can obviously lead to staff being overwhelmed with tickets due to the high amount of players on the server at that current time. I want to return the favour to this communities staff team who have helped me out countless times and help out wherever I can.[/b]
[b]Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  I have previous staffing experience within different communities, ranging from Moderator all the way up to a management role. I'm always eager to learn new things so that I can apply what I've learnt in future reports/tickets.[/b]
[b]Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): Previous DarkRP servers. Mod - Superadmin. Most of them are dead servers now, with my most recent staffing experience being in a higher staff position, which was about a year ago now. I've varied in ranks throughout the years, and I've spent about 7+ years in my previous community. [/b]
[b]Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: I have been banned from the Discord server, that was my honest mistake. It was my first day on the server and there were a lot of staff online not doing anything whilst there were a couple of them taking tickets, me and some friends got into an argument with some staff on the Discord and I ended up getting banned.[/b]
[b]Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  I get along with pretty much everyone I've met so far. I've met some staff members that have helped me quite a bit. I know how to deal with most situations, but if I'm unsure of what to do, I'm not afraid to reach out and ask for help whenever it is needed.[/b]
[b]Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Fox, Kurt & Azoro.[/b]
-------------------------------------------------
[b]Problem Solving[/b]
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

[b]Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: First of all, I would tell the player who was RDM'ed to make a ticket. If I witnessed the incident myself, or if I was involved in the situation myself, I'd ask another member of staff, if any are available, to take the ticket. If there are no staff members online then I would swap over to my staff character and deal with the incident myself and punish accordingly, if the reporting player has sufficient evidence to prove it was RDM. Then if appropriate, compensate the reporting player for anything they may have lost to the RDM.[/b]
[b]You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I'd raise my concerns with that member of staff, and tell them that they're abusing their staff rank and the powers trusted to them to do their job effectively. Then if it continues I'd keep an eye on them and collect evidence, then make a staff report about it on the forums or UA.[/b]
[b]A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: My friendship does not influence my decisions. Everyone should be treated equally regardless of rank or what relationship you have with the player. If a friend of mine is caught breaking rules and I have to deal with it then they will be punished accordingly.[/b]

(I have no idea why the formatting sucks, I copied the template and parts of my old application and it has goofed).

RE: Toast - Staff Application - faith - 06-16-2023

+support!

RE: Toast - Staff Application - Fox - 06-17-2023

+1 Great guy, passionate about roleplay - think he'd make a good addition

RE: Toast - Staff Application - Average Polish Dude - 06-17-2023

+1 W human being

Toast - Staff Application - Rem - 06-17-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team.
Unfortunately, your application has been denied.

You may apply again in 30 days. You may apply sooner if you receive permission from a Head Administrator or higher.