Diverge Networks
Mafia RP Jedediah ban - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Thread: Mafia RP Jedediah ban (/showthread.php?tid=6051)

Mafia RP Jedediah ban - Jedediah - 06-19-2023

Your Name: Jebediah Jenkins

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve): STEAM_0:1:160630619

Your Discord ID#: 331111728857481228

Reason for ban: Minge | NITRP | FailRP

Length of ban: 2 months

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): Dispute

Why should you be unbanned? So the first two parts of the ban are just flat-out wrong. The reason I was acting erratic was that I was rping as a diehard cop that was getting removed from the one thing he dreamed about from birth. Of course, I would be acting emotionally and irrationally in that situation. I actually asked at one point if the encounter was OOC instead of IC in the LOOC chat and no one said anything, not even the admin there who I assumed was there to pk my character or something for the jail time I was gonna be serving. I did not think that the admin after seeing a fraction of the RP that I was doing would ban me for 2 god damn months. I heard from multiple people that the police force was fun and a little bit corrupt, so I thought what I was doing was reasonable, especially because it was in character. If at any point I was informed that the situation had gone from IC to OOC I would've stopped acting like I was and just done as I was told, but as I mentioned before even after a direct question I received no answer and so assumed that I should not break character. Now on to the minging part, I'm sure that from what the admin saw in their 2 minutes of being there might have looked like minging, but it was indeed not. As I explained I was acting in character, I was asking about my pension and stuff like that which obviously I don't care about OOC, and before the time I was put in the cell I was (IC) arguing with the captain about how I was doing my duty to the city and all that for about 30 minutes back and forth. At that point, my character felt that the entire PD was corrupt and out to get him, as he is a good ol' boy from the country, and was getting ganged up on by a bunch of black cops in 1984, of course, I would use anything at my disposal to try and get out of this obvious race-related issue (in character of course, most of the black people in the game are white people) that would be the end of my career and possibly my life. I at no time thought that what I was doing would result in a ban and certainly not a 2 month one at that, I thought that I would either be PKd by the cops which was literally happening at the time of the ban or they would have captured me again and we would have gone through with the court case and jail time. 

I have another character that I have been playing for about a month now in a gang which I take seriously at all times. I have had people tell me that the PD is fun and a little bit more relaxed, which obviously they are even the high-ranking officers, and I was looking for a little reprieve from the constant hard RP that I do on my other character. I want to just restate one time that at no time did I believe that the things I was doing would result in staff intervention and certainly not a two-month ban. I still after the fact believe that what I was doing was in the realm of possibility for my character and that the ban is unjust.

The ban was made by HA ram or rem or something, so please Ram or Rem don't throw this out, consider my side and view, or just explain to me why what I was doing was so far removed from RP that it warranted a 2-month ban, for the reasons previously stated, and not just in character action.      

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): nothing really, it's more situational than a clear ban for rule-breaking.

RE: Mafia RP Jedediah ban - Daviss - 06-20-2023

2 months is kinda crazy

RE: Mafia RP Jedediah ban - Jedediah - 06-20-2023

(06-20-2023, 04:13 AM)Daviss Wrote: 2 months is kinda crazy
fr

Mafia RP Jedediah ban - Rem - 06-22-2023

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and accepted.

The ban will be lifted from your account shortly.