Diverge Networks
dandead10's Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: dandead10's Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=6056)

Pages: 1 2

dandead10's Staff Application - dandead10 - 06-20-2023

In-Game Name(s): Miyamoto Ikana, Jon Connington, Sara Barzini-Carmelo, Carmine Tarantino, Beth "Eggdrop" Manderly, Roric "Clover" Whent, Myla "Cyrus" Rentallia.

Steam Name: dandead10

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198298669691/

Steam ID: 76561198298669691

Discord Username: dandead10#5303

Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 9 Months, 3 Weeks, 3 Days, 1 Hour, 28 Minutes. 

Time Zone: PST (Pacific Standard Time)

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: I'm a mafia RP degenerate, with more play time than any other player, outclassing the second most played player by three months. 

Have you read the rules?: Yes. Absolutely.

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes. Though I prefer to type due to my family being around. Besides, text is better for roleplay.

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Absolutely. I acknowledge this fact.

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No, but I can learn swiftly.

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes.

-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  My motivation for applying is because for the longest time, I've been a member of the server, but never have overseen the governance of it. I felt like I could be relatively impartial, due to being in just about every crime faction, or at least a vast majority of them, and aspire to provide to the Mafia RP community. I'd like to make the server more fun for everyone, as well as see the Mafia RP community thrive. Looking to deal with balance, I felt as if my vast amount of experience could be a great contribution, especially when I collaborate with the rest of staff. Overall, you could consider my inspiration to be altruistic for the most part. 

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  I've the most player time on the entire server, and have been incredibly experienced with the server. I've a great understanding of both Italian mafia RP culture and non Italian RP culture, allowing me to see things through vast lenses of perception, and allows me to be unbiased to criminals on either end of the spectrum. I am incredibly active both through the day and night and can provide moderation through pacific standard time. I'm incredibly compassionate and fairly well known throughout the community. I'm understanding, patient, and good with working with people. 

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): N/A

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: I have been banned a few times on Mafia RP, but most of my bans are very long spaced out. Usually they were for RDM, or accusation of it, the most recent being me accidentally killing a civilian during the skirmish war. Otherwise? I'm fairly open with staff and am a very honest person. 

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  The leader of Sanzensekai, a memed on person for how many characters I have, and generally well known through the history of Mafia RP. I brought an asian faction into the server that has stood the test of time and has ascended gradually to a high position, and have worked to help other factions succeed. I'd think both Italians and non Italian factions would approve of me as a staff member. I've been in the server and have seen many people come and go, but overall wouldn't say there are many that'd disdain me. Overall, I'd say I have a good reputation in the server from both staff and player members. 

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: N/A
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I would more than likely come off duty if there are no other active staff on, as is my duty as a staff member. While I don't want staffing to be a full time job, I understand events like this can happen at any moment and it can be frustrating.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would talk to them personally of my observation, and ask them formally to cease. However, if they persisted, I would report it to higher staff such as UA or Super Admins with evidence of my findings. Staff should be held to the rules higher than standard members. If staff can break rules, then so can others.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I'd be upfront and try to get them to change, but otherwise would punish them the same as any other member. It doesn't matter who they are, rules are rules and they are to be upheld.

RE: dandead10's Staff Application - Quartz - 06-20-2023

Major +1, kage has been in the server since the beginning (even leads the server in playtime) and he knows all the rules extremely well and is widely known throughout the server.

RE: dandead10's Staff Application - RIK5TAR - 06-20-2023

+1 real g, knows his stuff

RE: dandead10's Staff Application - CaptSkull21 - 06-20-2023

+1 good player. Good RP. Plays a little to much. Gambles to much.

RE: dandead10's Staff Application - poopoofard - 06-20-2023

real ass nigga +1

RE: dandead10's Staff Application - Damiano - 06-20-2023

+1 This nigga is goated and been in this community for the long run , speedrun him to super admin stat!

RE: dandead10's Staff Application - Rayve - 06-21-2023

HUGE HUGE +1 for this guy!!! It's about time you join the staff team

RE: dandead10's Staff Application - hopleyt - 06-21-2023

mega +1 all the characters I play that have met him would end up considering him a good friend he's great at his RP and I don't see any reason not to give him a shot as staff

RE: dandead10's Staff Application - Lycaon - 06-21-2023

Would be one of the biggest mistakes of diverge to not put this man in staff. He is a great leader a great freind and amazing human being and should be given the chance to prove all of that in staff

1+ Support

RE: dandead10's Staff Application - Smurf - 06-21-2023

Super duper important(former diverge staff member) is now approving of this

Dandead is easily the best roleplayer on diverge and is probably the only one who does actual roleplay. Amazing guy, one of the purest souls around that you will meet. No reason not to be staff.