Diverge Networks
Richards Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: Richards Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=6075)

Richards Staff Application - Richard - 06-23-2023

In-Game Name(s): Holden Middick
Steam Name: Richard
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/ninjanoonoo/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:175463507
Discord Username: Bshoota#4595
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 4 Days 5 Hours
Time Zone: MST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 20 Hours a week.
Have you read the rules?: Yes.
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes.
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes.
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?:  I am familiar with some Nutscript commands. But not SAM commands.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: Overall I have many reasons for applying, but there are 4 main ideas that I would like to cover. Firstly, I have a genuine passion for roleplaying and creating immersive experiences for players. I believe that serving as a moderator would allow me to contribute to the development and maintenance of a vibrant and enjoyable roleplay community. Secondly, I thrive on engaging with diverse communities and fostering positive interactions. As a moderator, I would have the opportunity to connect with players, address their concerns, and help create a welcoming environment where everyone can have an enjoyable experience. Thirdly, I understand the importance of upholding rules and maintaining order within a server. I am committed to ensuring fair gameplay, resolving conflicts, and promoting a friendly atmosphere where players can express their creativity within the boundaries of the server's guidelines. Finally,  I possess strong problem-solving abilities, which I believe are essential for effectively managing situations that may arise within a roleplay server. I am capable of making sound judgments, handling disputes objectively, and finding appropriate resolutions to maintain harmony in the community.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: I have extensive knowledge of Garry's Mod and its roleplay mechanics, enabling me to enforce server rules and create an enjoyable environment.
With prior moderation experience, I am skilled in handling various situations and maintaining a positive atmosphere.
My professionalism and maturity allow me to approach interactions with others in a respectful and composed manner.
I possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to address concerns and provide guidance effectively.
As an active and reliable individual, I prioritize my responsibilities and ensure a positive experience for all players.
I am adaptable, open to feedback, and eager to learn and improve.
By bringing these qualities and experiences, I am confident in my ability to contribute positively as a moderator.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position, and how long): I have been playing Gmod for multiple years and have been a moderator on several DarkRP servers, most of which are no longer running. I also have prior experience running a server as I owned a DarkRP server in the past but had to shut it down due to extensive DDOS attacks. 
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: NA
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: I have been a part of multiple families and contributed immensely, I would like to think that I have a pretty good reputation as I haven't had any serious altercations with other players on the server. For this reason, I would not consider myself a highly known individual, but more as a highly respected individual with a small circle of acquaintances. 
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names:
-------------------------------------------------
Problem-Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: Firstly, I would gather information about the player involved, noting their name or any other identifying details that could be useful for later identification and reporting.
Next, I would carefully document the incident by collecting relevant evidence such as screenshots, videos, or chat logs that clearly demonstrate the occurrence of RDM. These pieces of evidence would be crucial for supporting any further investigation or actions taken by the on-duty moderators or administrators.
To ensure appropriate handling of the situation, I would promptly inform the on-duty moderators or administrators about the incident through the designated channels available, such as a staff communication platform or reporting system. I would provide them with all the gathered information and evidence, presenting a clear and comprehensive report. 

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: When faced with a fellow staff member engaging in subtle abuse, my approach would involve several steps. Firstly, I would gather concrete evidence, such as screenshots or recordings, to support the claims and establish a factual basis. Next, I would carefully review the server's guidelines to ensure that the observed behavior indeed violates the established standards. Once confident in the violation, I would report the abuse to a higher-ranking staff member or the server administrator, presenting the collected evidence along with any relevant context. Throughout the process, I would maintain professionalism, treating all parties involved with respect and impartiality. Should an investigation be initiated, I would fully cooperate and provide any additional information or insights based on my observations. Adhering to the established reporting procedures within the staff team or server community, I would follow the proper protocols, submit formal reports, and respect any confidentiality measures. By actively contributing to a fair and transparent resolution process, I aim to safeguard the integrity and trust of the server community.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: When dealing with a situation where a close friend joins the server and engages in disruptive behavior, I would handle it by prioritizing fair enforcement of server rules and setting aside personal biases. I would gather evidence of their rule-breaking actions and privately approach them to express my concerns in a calm and non-confrontational manner. During the conversation, I would remind them of the server rules and explain how their actions negatively impact the experience of other players. I would offer guidance on how they can improve, such as explaining specific rules they have violated or recommending resources for better understanding. In situations where a conflict of interest arises due to our friendship, I would make it clear that my duty as a moderator is to ensure fairness and maintain the server's integrity. If the behavior persists despite initial discussions, I would escalate the issue to higher-ranking staff members or administrators for further intervention. While addressing these concerns may strain friendship, my goal is to uphold the standards and create a positive environment for all players.
---------------------------------------------------------

RE: Richards Staff Application - yeezus - 06-23-2023

+1

I interact with him pretty regularly on the server, chill guy, never had any serious problems with him, and he understands the server rules pretty well.

RE: Richards Staff Application - Fox - 06-23-2023

-1 At first I was going to mention that it's a good application, but some of your answers hit really high in AI probability.

As well as this, your play time is quite low.

RE: Richards Staff Application - Richard - 06-23-2023

(06-23-2023, 12:53 PM)Fox Wrote: -1 At first I was going to mention that it's a good application, but some of your answers hit really high in AI probability.

I presume you ran my post through some free online checker, I am assuming that it gave me a higher ai probability rating due to the fact that I use correct grammar and punctuation. I take applications seriously and therefore proofread my text before sending them. Unprofessional formatting is something I see quite frequently on applications, even the template for applying misspelled the word asterisks.

RE: Richards Staff Application - DaSchmeeze - 06-23-2023

(06-23-2023, 12:53 PM)Fox Wrote: -1 At first I was going to mention that it's a good application, but some of your answers hit really high in AI probability.

I used an AI writer check and put in all the answers, all came back written by human.

+1

Richards Staff Application - Canadian-bacon - 06-30-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team.
Unfortunately, your application has been denied.

You may apply again in 30 days. You may apply sooner if you receive permission from a Head Administrator or higher.