Diverge Networks
DaSchmeeze Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: DaSchmeeze Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=6077)

DaSchmeeze Staff Application - DaSchmeeze - 06-23-2023

In-Game Name(s): Fu Ping, Li Ping, Giovanni Lombardi

Steam Name: DaSchmeeze

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198325304843/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:182519557

Discord Username: DaSchmeeze

Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): Diverge | Your total time is 1mo 2d 26m.

Time Zone: MST

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: Anywhere between 4-6 hours daily and potentially more or less depending on real-life responsibilities.

Have you read the rules?: Yes

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes

-------------------------------------------------

Long Answer

Questions proceeded with an asterisk require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  My motivations for applying for staff are surrounded by a few driving factors that include my activity, past experiences and my desire to help the community. This summer, I have a lot of free time before my next college semester and I want to spend it on this hobby that we all enjoy. Due to my availability this summer I will be able to dedicate a large amount of time to staffing and helping the player base with whatever needs arise. My past experience as a staff member on Diverge Networks led me to realize that I enjoy being able to be there for players when they need things handled such as whitelists or if any problems arise they need a staff to handle. Being able to save them the time of waiting potentially long periods of time when there are either no staff online or none available is something that I enjoy doing. In conclusion, I would like to reapply to staff on Diverge Networks because of my desire to play the game and help out the community however I can. 

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  I should be considered over other candidates primarily because of my activity on the server, past experiences, and my willingness to prioritize staff duties over RP situations. As I am writing this application, there are currently 80 players on the server with 3 staff online. Of those 3 staff, there is a strong possibility that some are either busy in-game or AFK. I understand the need for staff on the server and I want to help bridge that gap and be part of the solution. When hiring new people and there is no staff available to whitelist, it can hinder the roleplay experience of the players. Due to my current circumstances, I have a lot of time to dedicate to this and I want to do what I can to help make sure that any concerns, situations, or needs are met in a timely manner. Furthermore, I do have past staffing experience on the server so I am knowledgeable with all of the rules and commands that are used when staffing. When online, I am willing to prioritize tickets over RP situations to make sure that things on the server are running smoothly and that everyone is able to enjoy their time on the server. I am also able to be calm and logical when handling more tense situations due to my past staffing experience. In conclusion, I am going to be playing the server a lot this summer and I want to dedicate my time and effort into making the server a more enjoyable place for players.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): Diverge Networks - Moderator (~3 months)

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:
I received a 1 day ban for NITRP on an alternate account and when I was wanting to play on the server on my main account I received an automated permanent ban from the console for ban evading.

The following is not in any way a justification of what happened, just from my perspective on what led to these events and why they happened.

There was currently a large war happening on Diverge, at the time I had spent so much time and effort building up my character that I didn’t want to risk PK during the war. I know there are a lot of circumstances during wars that you have no control over, such as hacking, potential friendly fire, meta gaming, and RDM. Due to my concern, I joined the server on my brothers old steam account he gave to me that I use for family sharing. I was messing around on the server as a selfish way of blowing off steam due to the stress of my life at the time. While messing around I ended up receiving a 1 day ban for NITRP as I was verbally trolling and mingeing as a white shirt. Afterwards, I connected to the server on my main account later that day to be permanently banned by console. After which, I sent a personal message to Pendred explaining what had happened. After the whole day of no response, and in my shame of doing something so stupid that I regret I realized that I needed to step back and take a break from everything. 

Now, 13 months later, I am returning to my hobby since I have free time before my next college semester in the fall. I have matured a lot and I hope that I can be accepted back into the community despite my previous actions.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: I would say that at one point I was well-known in the community. Of those that remember me I hope there is no malice harbored towards me as I am looking for a clean slate.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: N/A

-------------------------------------------------

Problem-Solving

Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I would make a ticket and let a separate staff member handle it with their judgment.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would approach them and have a conversation stating that in my opinion some of the things they are doing might get them in trouble and it is probably best to be more aware. If things continued, I would report it to UA.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I wouldn't directly be involved in any staff situations due to any potential bias. However, if they were being a minge and breaking server rules I would do nothing to hinder any punishment that any other staff would hand out. If I was the only staff available, I would handle it like any other situation and if they are a good friend they would respect that.

RE: DaSchmeeze Staff Application - Canadian-bacon - 06-23-2023

Is the ban you're referring to the one where you were banned on an alt then perma'ed on your main when trying to join?

And then dipping from everything without a word afterwards?

Could you speak on that.

RE: DaSchmeeze Staff Application - DaSchmeeze - 06-23-2023

(06-23-2023, 07:59 PM)Canadian-bacon Wrote: Is the ban you're referring to the one where you were banned on an alt then perma'ed on your main when trying to join?

And then dipping from everything without a word afterwards?

Could you speak on that.

Application ammended. I take responsibility for my actions.

RE: DaSchmeeze Staff Application - Canadian-bacon - 07-01-2023

Try not to be a retard

DaSchmeeze Staff Application - Canadian-bacon - 07-01-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.