Diverge Networks
Ban appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Ban appeal (/showthread.php?tid=6122)

Ban appeal - ShowerCoach - 07-04-2023

Your Name: ShowerCoach

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve): STEAM_0:0:187485441

Your Discord ID#: ShowerCoach#2167

Reason for ban: Metagaming in Discord?

Length of ban: 3 days

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): Everyone uses Discord to have laughs, and to chat. I was literally running around doing my own thing and rarely followed anyone. I was accused of metagaming in a discord call where I didn't act in any RP situation. We were talking about life and having a few laughs. Most of the time I was muted and deafened. 

Why should you be unbanned? Because everyone uses Discord, If I get pinned with "Metagaming" then everyone should be banned. I have no reason to lie, yes I was in a call. But never once Meta gamed.

Additional Information (images, videos, etc):

RE: Ban appeal - BoomRoasted - 07-04-2023

The excuse "everyone does it" is deflection at best, it does not abstain you from your own guilt. It was clear that the 4 of you were using Discord to coordinate in game in character movements, you would get separated and then magically know where the other was without any IC communication. 3 of you in your group tried to get into silver tongue but it was locked, Magically Donny left his 14k char and joined in on his Colombo char and unlocked the door for you guys. Again, using discord as your means of communication for coordinating IC movements.
The funny thing to me is whenever there is a faction war, people scream metagame when they think people are using discord to communicate, but when there is no faction war the same people screaming metagame are fine using discord to communicate on and don’t classify it as metagame. Again, rules are rules, you were caught because earlier in the night someone in your group was shooting down randomly at people and I as well as other staff were watching.

RE: Ban appeal - ShowerCoach - 07-04-2023

(07-04-2023, 03:53 AM)BoomRoasted Wrote: The excuse "everyone does it" is deflection at best, it does not abstain you from your own guilt. It was clear that the 4 of you were using Discord to coordinate in game in character movements, you would get separated and then magically know where the other was without any IC communication. 3 of you in your group tried to get into silver tongue but it was locked, Magically Donny left his 14k char and joined in on his Colombo char and unlocked the door for you guys. Again, using discord as your means of communication for coordinating IC movements.
The funny thing to me is whenever there is a faction war, people scream metagame when they think people are using discord to communicate, but when there is no faction war the same people screaming metagame are fine using discord to communicate on and don’t classify it as metagame. Again, rules are rules, you were caught because earlier in the night someone in your group was shooting down randomly at people and I as well as other staff were watching.

You said someone in my "group", I didn't do anything and you know it. You pretty much said it in your own words. Literally was off doing my own thing....

RE: Ban appeal - Irebelle - 07-04-2023

Hello!
Attention was called to your alt characters when a member of your group began shooting at random members walking by. From that point on, two staff members had been observing your group. It became clear to them that something suspicious was going on with your in game movements so they continued their observations. They then got myself and Rem involved and together we watched a stream of your group moving around the map, coordinating with one another without saying or typing a single thing in game. It was also witnessed by Rem and myself the events that Boom listed in his response above. He was advised by us to make the call he did in regards to your punishments for acting in such a way.

The fact that you attempted to argue that you weren't metagaming, and then back tracked when you were given the evidence against you, and went as far to DM the banning staff member just shows you the punishment handed to you was fitting of the crime. If you had admitted to your groups actions the likelihood of a punishment of this magnitude would not of happened, but now you get to sit there and think about how you're going to do better in the future.

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this ban to be reasonable and/or justified.

Ensure you have read our Server Rules