Diverge Networks
Seansx / Ronnie Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Seansx / Ronnie Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=6163)

Seansx / Ronnie Staff Application - Seansx - 07-12-2023

In-Game Name(s): Ronnie Carozza, used to be Ronnie Murano, Officer Billy Buckle, Miguel Martinez De La Cruz, Bruno Bufalino, Rick Williams.
Steam Name: Jon Smiths
Steam Profile Link:  https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198833978620/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:436856446
Discord Username: seansx
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): Diverge | Your total time is 3w 2d 11h 27m.
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: During summer quite a bit of time like maybe 6/7 hours a day, once school resumes my time will go down a bit but still should be able to dedicate a good amount of time per day.
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Sort of, I need a bit of a refresher.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  * My motivation for applying is the free time I have, the contribution I can make , the fun I have on the server. It's summer so I have the time to be able to commit to staff and take tickets in a timely manner, at the current moment I play the server for so many hours a day and I'll find myself sitting around in one of my businesses just kind of idly doing nothing when I could be helping the server. This ties into my contribution point as I want to make a contribution to the server in more ways then just RP and since I have the time I can easily help fix the issue of a wait for an RDM ticket. Lastly, the main reason motivating me is the fun I have on the server and I've already done government, police, and criminal characters and I want to do more then that. All in all my reasoning is just the server over all and the enjoyment I get from it, the time I can spend on it, and the contribution I want to make.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  * I feel I should be considered over other candidates because of my experience playing on the server, the activity and time I can dedicate and my previous moderation experience. Because of my experience playing on the server, I'm proficient with the rules that are in place on the server. Due to that familiarity with the rules I would be able to confidently handle any situation that may arise. Also, because of my past moderation experience I am able to keep a cool head and accurately handle these situations. My activity and time that I can commit matches few other players and will help ensure that there is no idly sitting tickets during high player count hours. I have also contributed to the server in many ways whether its through criminal with high ranking faction positions, government with influential positions that effect many peoples roleplay, or PD with bringing roleplay to people being criminals.  All in all I feel that my experience in both the server and former moderation as well as the activity and time I can commit makes me a solid choice to help better the server.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): 
 I have previous experience as a discord and in game moderator for a large Roblox game https://www.roblox.com/games/1320186298/Island-Royale for about 5 months, that taught me conflict resolution skills, patience when handling tense situations, and how to work with other staff members professionally

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: All bans are listed below with the reason and then my explanation.

First two are old bans from 2021, the second two are more recent.

2021-04-26 : 21 days and 13 hours,  reason: attempted mass rdm/threatening to mass rdm the server. - At the time I was 12 or 13 and straight up bought gmod because of funny trolling videos. Diverge just happened to be a random server I picked to minge on and I wasn't an active player and had zero intentions to play at that time. 

2021-05-31 : 2 days, reason: NITRP - honestly I don't remember this one, but I was definitely just doing the same thing I had done a month prior.

2023-04-18 : 6 hours, reason: say it a third time you funny freak - the server was lagging badly and jokingly I made an advertisement saying "Come to town hall and donate to the government today to help fix the city's choppy problems" or something like that. A lot of the server was making jokes about the ping and I just happened to add onto that. The ban was justifiable as I'm sure the 20 people spamming adverts didn't help the situation. 

2023-05-25 : 4 days, reason: Mass Mugging | RDM | NITRP - This was from a mugging character I had with a couple friends and looking back at it I'm glad I wasn't perm banned as my actions could've easily resulted in that. Since then I've thought about the consequences of this ban as I missed an entire war because of it and have avoided making rule breaking choices since. 

All in all I would say my bans have made me rethink my actions on the server and have brought me to become a more respectful, careful, and non-rule breaking player.

----------------

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  * 
I feel that I have a good reputation on the server and community and I can't think of anybody that would outright dislike me. Over my time on the server, I have obtained trusted positions all over the server and I haven't done wrong by any of them. Through these various positions I've met people and have begun to make friends and get my name out as a positive community member. Whether it was through my news agency where I roleplayed having advertisements and handing out newspaper letting me interact with other players, or through the Italian Civil Rights League where I brought player driven rp events to the city and met many people from other factions I believe that for the most part, other then my poor choices in the past where I have been rightfully punished, I have been a positive community member and brought a lot of good RP to the server and as such created a good reputation for myself. 

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: James, DaSchmeeze
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: First of, I would make sure I am not swapping to my staff character right in the midst of RP that other players are having, I would first excuse myself out of the RP situation, walk to another area and then swap to my staff character. Avoiding breaking immersion that other players are having is a key part in my eyes when going to answer tickets. From there I would swap to my staff character and would pull the player to the sit as well as the player that reported him. I would get both sides of the story as well as asks for clips or other proof. I would look through logs and clips to ensure that there is no lying going on and would then punish the player as deemed fit from his actions, making sure to figure out if he also broke any other rules as well. 

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would first gather evidence of his actions through logs, player clips, and more to ensure that he is abusing and there is clear evidence of it other then just my word. I would then contact a UA or the community manager if needed and present the evidence that I have gotten that proves they are abusing.
A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I would first ask another staff member to take the ticket to avoid potenial bias that I may haveMy friend is still at fault for breaking these rules and doesn't deserve or get any special treatment. Later on after my friend recieves the correct punishment I would attempt teach them what they did wrong and how to avoid doing this in the future as well as warn them of what further actions could be taken against them if they continue to break rules. *
---------------------------------------------------------

RE: Seansx / Ronnie Staff Application - Kurt The Biggest Steppa - 07-12-2023

+1 Real nigga

RE: Seansx / Ronnie Staff Application - Jack Dent - 07-13-2023

+1 he can be retarded at times but he has shown himself to care about the rules and the server

RE: Seansx / Ronnie Staff Application - JetBoi5552 - 07-14-2023

+1 good guy

RE: Seansx / Ronnie Staff Application - Rem - 07-18-2023

roblox moderator

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.