Diverge Networks
PK Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Character Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: PK Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=6165)

PK Appeal - kovsage - 07-13-2023

Name of Character: Guissepii Capron

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:14211087

Your Discord ID#: kovsage

Date of PK: 7/11/2023

Reason for PK: Shoot out with cops

Why should you be unPK'd? What server rule or PK rule was violated?: (The two sentences at the bottom are rules directly form pk guideline website)

So I was looking at Le Grande Hotel and a got a message over the radio that my staff members at the hotel were being harrased by the police and they were threatening to break in without a warrant (which they did later) So before they did break in without a warrant I shot a probational officer in the head from the corner of a building. The cops didn't know who shot the gun and killed the officer so saw it as my chance to go into the bushes, so I did but then the police rolled around the corner looking for me, and metagamed by looking at my name in the bushes. They told me to come out of hiding with my hands up which I did, I was at their mercy. then they shot me dead. The Admin that took the sit was part of the police and promtply PK'ed me taking what I believed to be a bias'ed side towards the police.

To Summurize it the cops metagamed by looking at my name in the bushes, and killed me after I was following orders. The reason why I make this ticket is because a moderator name DaShcmeeze though it was wierd that I was killed for complying with the cops like that.

If you happen to appeal my PK you have my greatest gratitude but if not, I understand.

If possible please provide video evidence or photo evidence if PK does not follow the guidelines

If you want to have some pictures of where I was just DM on discord because the files are "too big" and it ends up with a error screen. 

RE: PK Appeal - Monaclu - 07-13-2023

Hi, I was the admin that PKed you. The reason I pked you was because you killed a cop, and then were killed for it. In the admin sit, I explained the situation to you, noting that you had killed an officer and they shot you to death. You, if I remember correctly, in this sit complained that they didn't even give you a chance and they had just shot you as soon as they found you. I'd like to know why your story has changed from the sit room to this post. Also, the amount of time between you killing the cop, and hiding and getting shot, was 18 seconds. I ran from the Le Grande to the spot you died, which took about 15 seconds. This is under the impression that they acted literally instantly and started running for you, leaving only a very short window, making the idea that they had time to give you orders and have you comply unlikely. I also notice that you said you came out with your hands up, however checking the logs, I'm not seeing that you put your hands up. Also noteworthy, I was not one of the police, I don't know what you're talking about there.

According to the PK guidelines:
Initiating a shootout or violent confrontation with Police can lead to a PK. Killing or attacking an Officer after initiating a violent confrontation leaves you PK active from officers for about 15 minutes. Generally we want people to not immediately go for the gun when dealing with Police, as a result if you escalate a situation to a shootout and lose you can be punished via PK as your character was killed. This does not apply if it is the Police that fired first or escalated to a shootout.

RE: PK Appeal - ZOOMER - 07-13-2023

This is like, next level of projecting. Anyways, names would only show up when you are looking directly at a player at close proximity, meaning to say it's not metagame to spot someone from hiding by checking if their name pops up or not. Don't really know how you got the impression that looking for names is somehow "metagaming" when it never was.

Regardless, you did shot and killed a police officer and died as a result. If you have any relevant evidence of the police purposefully killing you as you surrendered, feel free to send it to us and we'll gladly check it out.

Thank you for taking the time to create an appeal. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us via Discord.

Your appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this PK to be reasonable and/or justified.

You may not re-appeal this PK.