Diverge Networks
Stroke corrupt cops PK the homie Bruce Liu - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Character Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: Stroke corrupt cops PK the homie Bruce Liu (/showthread.php?tid=6176)

Stroke corrupt cops PK the homie Bruce Liu - RyanBateman888 - 07-14-2023

Name of Character: Bruce "Lu Bu" Liu

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:25097501

Your Discord ID#: rydog3350

Date of PK: 7/13/23

Reason for PK: Some clearly corrupt minge probationary officer demanded to see my gun license after seeing I was in the PD's parking lot. He said it was illegal for me to have a gun in the parking lot. The no guns inside PD sign was right behind him and he never once bothered to look at it after I did his job and pointed it out for him. I then just ran over to one of his supervisors and asked him to get the Probo off my back, which he did, informing him he's breaking the law and to go inside the PD. He comes out about ten seconds later, still pointing a tazer at me. I gave him one more warning about the bad situation, he still persisted, demanding my ID. I unsafetied my shotgun, blew his face and his body across half of the PD's parking lot. I decide to run away to avoid further annoyances, and a corrupt police officers comes from outside the PD's parking lot and guns me down like a piece of trash. Super uncool. 

Why should you be unPK'd? What server rule or PK rule was violated?: The probationary officer was baiting and there was no effort to diffuse the situation, only I was killed. 

If possible please provide video evidence or photo evidence if PK does not follow the guidelines: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1jlu3kVHzN3Xwl

• [Image: agree.png]

• [Image: disagree.png]

• [Image: funny.png]

• [Image: dumb.png]
  • [Image: agree.png] x3

• [Image: dumb.png] x1

• (list)

RE: Stroke corrupt cops PK the homie Bruce Liu - RyanBateman888 - 07-14-2023

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1jlu3kVHzN3XwI

RE: Stroke corrupt cops PK the homie Bruce Liu - DaSchmeeze - 07-14-2023

Hello,

I was the admin who oversaw and did your PK, regardless of the potential misconduct of the police officer it was still your decision to initiate a violent confrontation. Via the rules, that makes you PK active. If you have any questions feel free to reach out.

Also, in my opinion asking to verify your gun license when you are open carrying right in front of the PD seems like a valid request to me. He was not mingy about the situation from my perspective.

Alternative actions you could've taken would've been to make a staff ticket or get a police supervisor involved if he was trying to powergame or force a RP situation upon you.

RE: Stroke corrupt cops PK the homie Bruce Liu - RyanBateman888 - 07-14-2023

(07-14-2023, 10:00 PM)DaSchmeeze Wrote: Hello,

I was the admin who oversaw and did your PK, regardless of the potential misconduct of the police officer it was still your decision to initiate a violent confrontation. Via the rules, that makes you PK active. If you have any questions feel free to reach out.

Also, in my opinion asking to verify your gun license when you are open carrying right in front of the PD seems like a valid request to me. He was not mingy about the situation from my perspective.

Alternative actions you could've taken would've been to make a staff ticket or get a police supervisor involved if he was trying to powergame or force a RP situation upon you.

Actually according to the PK rule's thread created two rules were broken by the police that night. You must have a valid reason to place someone under fear RP (Valid Mugging, Valid Kidnapping or any Valid Kill reason); placing someone under Fear RP without reason or just in order to bait a PK is not permitted and may result in a ban or character removal.

Initiating a shootout or violent confrontation with Police can lead to a PK. Killing or attacking an Officer after initiating a violent confrontation leaves you PK active from officers for about 15 minutes. Generally we want people to not immediately go for the gun when dealing with Police, as a result if you escalate a situation to a shootout and lose you can be punished via PK as your character was killed. This does not apply if it is the Police that fired first or escalated to a shootout. So I mean if you don't want to follow the rules of the video game I don't see any point of me wasting my time here. Clearly you don't want to do your job as a staff member correctly, because 1. He ordered me to show him my ID, not asked. 2. I did get a police supervisor, which is at the very beggining of the video and he also said to fudge off. I don't care about your opinion, I stated the facts, you must have a valid reason to place someone under fearRP and arrest. Cya.

RE: Stroke corrupt cops PK the homie Bruce Liu - Canadian-bacon - 07-14-2023

Not sure what fantasy land you live but an Officer ordering you to identify yourself / provide proof of firearms license which they are fully entitled to do under the firearms act is a valid order / request.

Attempting to detain or arrest you for refusing, i.e. failure to identify and / or failure to comply is also very valid. The fear RP bit is useless as his reason for stop and detainment is more than valid in an RP context. If you believe his actions were not following proper lawful procedure then that is an in character issue that you have the option to deal with via the courts / with a lawyer.

Here you are blaming the Officer despite no rules being broken. What I am seeing is a blind inability to accept responsibility for your actions, first blaming the officer then blaming the staff member. What's next? Blaming the rules?
Is it everyone else's fault but yours? Is everyone out to get you?

You made a decision to shoot the Officer instead roleplaying it out further via legal RP, which if him detaining you or verifying your license would be reason for arrest, then its valid, but the risk is obviously the possibly of being killed and PK'ed. Which you were.

You made the decision to make it violent by not only shooting him but refusing to comply in the first place.

You've displayed a horribly rude and entitled attitude in this thread, as if you approach every situation with hostility, I imagine you entering that interaction with the officer with this attitude led to your death, then YOU are responsible.

To address those two rules you quoted:
1. Detaining to certify license or demanding identification with reasonable cause is valid. Even if the process was handled wrongly you have many non violent possible options.
2. Yes, you shot him and got killed. It's a pked.

If the cops aren't being helpful, again, theres other legal options, but you made the decision to kill him, you CHOSE this. Regardless of the stop reason.

So please reflect on personal responsibility, get a better grasp on the rules and laws and get a better attitude. Staff member handled it fine and responded respectfully.

Stroke corrupt cops PK the homie Bruce Liu - Canadian-bacon - 07-14-2023

Your appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this PK to be reasonable and/or justified.

You may not re-appeal this PK.