Diverge Networks
Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=6186)

Staff Application - John - 07-16-2023

In-Game Name(s): John Fraser
Steam Name: John
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198975110920/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:507422596
Discord Username: ninian_1
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1 Week 4 Days
Time Zone: AEST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: A couple of hours a day.
Have you read the rules?: I have.
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes.
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): I do.
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: I am.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: I understand.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  * My motivation to apply for staff is to ensure a fair and active staffing presence is available during all times of the day. Time and time again people have complained that there is a lack of staffing presence available on the server, especially at night time. Due to my AEST timezone, I would really only be staffing during that time, ensuring that the server remains a better and friendlier place for all, to have and maintaining a fun role-play experience, and ensuring that minges are kept at bay. I also have adequate staffing experience on servers, ranging from Mil RP, Dark RP and Nutscript servers, enabling me to be an experienced member of the staff team to allow me to teach/educate new members on proper staffing methods/tips/strategies etc. I also want to ensure that new players are able to 'find their start' on the server and to help them when needed, every step of the way.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  * I should be considered over other candidates due to my unbiased and incorruptible nature, as people are aware from interacting with me as an NYPD officer, I feel this would translate well into staffing. I would be able to be firm but lenient and ensure that the rules are upheld with any/every person. I also am extremely experienced with staffing on Nutscript and SAM servers, having staffed on approximately a half dozen servers during my time on GMOD, these include Soviet RP, Dark RP, Mil RP servers and more. I am also to act in a training/mentor capacity, being able to train/mentor new members of the staff team to ensure that they are properly trained and ready to take upon the task of staffing on Diverge. This would also translate to my skills as a people person, as people generally find me to be quite a friendly person, however with a firmness I do not hesistate to apply when needed.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):

Atomic Networks, TMOD, A month or so
Eliteluptus, Mod, Couple of Months
and a few more various servers, such as Soviet RP (forgot the name it was a while back) and Mil RP.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: Once, when I was an NYPD CPL roughly a year ago I fired on a car that was fleeing from me and was banned, however I appealed it and was accepted.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  *
I believe I am known to the community, for better or for worse. I do believe I've got an alright reputation but there are people who truly despise me, as I've arrested and dealt significant blows to their operations when I was a detective. I think that other people do generally like me as a person, and see me as a person of my morals but I do understand I can be 'annoying' at times, which I suppose is just part of who I am. I do know that people if they come to me with an issue they can always expect the highest level of confidentiality in ensuring that I won't tell anyone and ensuring that I can assist them in any way I can, which I believe will be useful when I staff. In summary, I believe I am liked in the community, but there are some people who really don't like me as I have pissed quite a few people off, via investigations, stings, raids etc when I was a detective.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names:
N/A

-----------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I would clip the situation and make a report via the ticket system, DM another staff member with my evidence or make a player report on the forums. I am a firm believer that staff cannot take their own situations, unless absolutely required and video proof exists.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: Well I’d document the actions of abuse that the staff member was going and would immediately report them to Upper Administration as staff cannot abuse their permissions, regardless of it is was “small”

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?:

The friendship with said person would never affect my judgement (it would with some people I know) and I would deal with the RDMer as I would with any other person, in the same way and give the same punishment/s.

RE: Staff Application - Moses - 07-16-2023

Hey, you forgot to answer two-thirds of the problem solving section. Smh...

RE: Staff Application - John - 07-16-2023

[quote pid='27453' dateline='1689492773']
  1. MosesHey, you forgot to answer two-thirds of the problem solving section. Smh...
[/quote]

Oops, thanks for telling me. I’ve fixed it up.

RE: Staff Application - justcallmeryan - 07-18-2023

+1 would make a great staff member

RE: Staff Application - Coolwey - 07-18-2023

cool Aussie guy sure why not? +1

RE: Staff Application - blue - 07-18-2023

+1
he is British that is the only reason why I am giving him plus one

Staff Application - Rem - 07-18-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.