Diverge Networks
Redrum's Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Redrum's Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=6195)

Redrum's Staff Application - The Gent - 07-17-2023

In-Game Name(s): Carlo D'Amiano, Corrado D'Amiano, Dean Martin
Steam Name: DonRedruM
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/RedruMinc/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:100657981
Discord Username: donredrum
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1mo 1w 3d 7h 33m
Time Zone: EST (Eastern Standard Time)
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: Realistically at least 2-3 days in a week minimum with the current schedule I have
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Been about 2 years or more since I was staff last, I will likely need a crash-course in the commands and such again
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?:
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  * To be quite honest, the main reason I decided to take the step of reapplying for staff again is because of a percieved decline in the quality of server roleplay. Ever since I returned a few months ago from my perm ban, I have noticed on a daily basis that people just tend to not take the roleplay or the atmosphere around it seriously in any form. I recall years ago when the server had businesses that ran consistently, held events, and generally interacted with one another on a player to player basis. Now the most you seem to get is a bunch of people standing near an atm blasting a cassette and throwing props at each other. The quality of the environment I left behind years ago has been severely thrashed and it has gotten me to a point where I am willing to help do something about it instead of sitting back on the sidelines shouting directions and critisims to the staff team.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  I have been in this community for a number of years now. Even before Diverge began providing a real permanent home for the Mafia Roleplay community, I was server hopping with everyone else in the community. I can say with some degree of certainty I understand what the communities expectations are (or at least were) for the roleplay on the server. Anyone that has taken the time to interact with me knows that  I want to see the overall quality of the interactions seen on a day to day basis to increase by encouraging more in-character interactions and events. [b]The amount of love I have for this server cannot be overstated, as I have put money into the development early on in the past, put forward probably close to 50 different well thought out suggestions, and I continue to voice what I believe is right for this community, even if it comes off as harsh at times. I want to see the best for Diverge as it is one of the only server's I ever seen in the close to 6,000 hours I have in GMod that actively works on itself and tries its best despite the limitations of this 2003 game. There are few communities in this game that are able to withstand the test of time while still retaining their community members the way Diverge has and I would like to be a part of helping keeping the machine running smoothly.
[/b]

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): [b]To those that remember me, I had a relatively good and overall effective run as staff on this server. In the past I applied for moderator and eventually moved into becoming a Gamemaster for the server. I had a lot of fun thinking up event ideas for the community and spectating the day-to-day interactions to intervene when rules began to be broken. [/b]

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: I have been permanently banned in the past in 2021. This was appealed and accepted by Pendred and I have since apologized beyond that and believe there is no hatred for me for my past actions. Apart from that I do not recall having many warns or bans prior to the permanent ban and have not recieved any since returning from it. 

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  I have played for quite some time in this community and I believe a lot of older members in the community will remember me, either by discord interactions, or interactions they had with my character. I will say that I had a gap of 2 years where I was essentially not here, so a lot of new members to the community in that time-window may not know of me or my history with the server. As far as the people that were here and do remember me, I like to believe they think of me in a favorable way. I have always been someone that has strived for the overall well-being of the community as we are the people that make the experiences in game that define this as a Mafia Roleplay.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Pendred, Cordelier
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:
 First thing first, swap to my staff character. Secondly, I would bring the victim to a sit, ask if they have a clip or evidence to help concrete the RDM. After confirming it is in fact a RDM scenario, I would bring the person responsible to the sit and inquire about their intentions behind the kill and see if they are remorseful or if they try to make up a story to cover themselves. After look at the assailants warn and ban history, I would hand out an appropriate punishment for them and return the victim. If compensation I would recommend making a discord ticket with the evidence that was provided in the sit. If the victim of the RDM was me, I would simply clip the incident and make a ticket for another staff member to claim. Unless the person is just blatantly coming to Mass RDM or whatever the case, I wouldn't take a sit that directly pertains to my character 

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable.
What do you do?: Immediately notify UA. Afterwards, attempt to either get footage of it while in noclip, taking the time to gather the appropriate evidence before sending it to the UA that should already be informed at that point of the actions suspected.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I hand out the appropriate punishment. To be quite frank, I don't even believe we would get to a point where they would have MULTIPLE chances while RDMing. With anyone I bring to this server, I try my best to take the time to explain how it works, the rules involved, and how they are expected to act. I have cut off a few friends made from other communities as when they joined here they began to cause issues and ruin the fun of the server for myself and others. There is nobody on the server who's friendship with me would effect my ability to hand out punishment to them. We are all here to play a genre of roleplay, not deal with constant nonsense and babysit someone who isn't willing to learn or be taught. 
---------------------------------------------------------

Redrum's Staff Application - Rem - 07-18-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.