Diverge Networks
HookGD Staff App - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: HookGD Staff App (/showthread.php?tid=6215)

HookGD Staff App - HookGD - 07-20-2023

In-Game Name(s): Ho Lee Wei, Pawel Weiss
Steam Name:Cone’Head Kenny
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199220452018/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:630093145
Discord Username: HookGD#3707
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 3w 5d 22h 40m
Server you spend the most time on (SouthSide/UnionCity): SouthSide
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 2-5 Hours daily 
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes

Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying? I am applying to be a staff member because I want to help the community and make the server a better place with the rest of the team. I recently took a big break from the server and I have come back and now I want to continue doing what I liked to do best on the server. I loved being staff due to all the things I was able to do and see on the server. It made this server so much better for me just by being able to do things that not a lot of people are able to do on a daily basis. I still have a lot of friends that are on the staff team and on the server and I am constantly making new friends by the day and I feel like the staff would allow me to make more friends as it has in the past.
 Why should you be considered over other candidates?: I have moderated and been through the training for staff already and I remember most of it . I think I'm a better candidate because I can be on at 3 in the morning while no one else is so I can take tickets when most people are asleep and stuff. I am considered a better candidate because I know most things about being a moderator from where a new guy has to learn everything while all I would need is a refresher. I am not biased so no matter what happens in a sit I will always do the right choice no matter the person or whatever. And from my previous time on staff I will do much more and be more active than before.
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): Yes I was a moderator for like a month and a half I would say.
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: Yes, I don't remember what it was for due to it being a good bit ago.
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: I would say that I have a decent rep and that I am well known in the community. Staff really helped me get to know a lot of people on the server from just taking tickets and helping people do events. I think other staff members didn’t really get a chance to meet me since I was inactive a bunch but I insist that I will be more active and get to know more people on staff.
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names:Rayve, Quartz, RIK5TAR, Mangos,Bumblebee, seansx 
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I would make sure that I clip the incident and I will make a ticket showing whichever staff member takes the ticket, the proof of me being RDM and I would let them deal with the situation knowing that I am off duty.
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: Gather evidence, and talk with a senior administrator. I would say confront them but as I am not higher than them I have no seniority or position that would have any authority over them. Put a UA ticket in and allow those in authority to sort things out.
A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I would tell them to either leave the server or I will have to ban you and if they keep on I will ban them according to the situation.

RE: HookGD Staff App - Toast - 07-20-2023

Has been staff before, has experience, app could use a bit of work but overall nothing bad to say. +1

RE: HookGD Staff App - Seansx - 07-20-2023

Has former experience, is a positive guy, and I've had nothing but good interactions with him. +1

RE: HookGD Staff App - Shook - 07-21-2023

+1
Nice guy and ex staff, would be a nice contribution to the team.

RE: HookGD Staff App - Harry77711 - 07-21-2023

Has been staff before and knows the rules enough to become staff again. He is a great get and you can get along with him easily.

HookGD Staff App - Rem - 07-21-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team.
Unfortunately, your application has been denied.

You may apply again in 30 days. You may apply sooner if you receive permission from a Head Administrator or higher.