Diverge Networks
Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=6217)

Staff Application - Shook - 07-21-2023

In-Game Name(s): Cortez Castellanos, Danny Hollows
Steam Name: Shook
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Shook1416/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:207879818
Discord Username: shook1416
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): Diverge | Your total time is 1mo 2w 6h 51m
Time Zone: BST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 3-4+ Hours a day.
Have you read the rules?: Yes.
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes.
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes.
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: I have plenty of reasons and motivations for applying. Firstly, I've spent a lot of time on the server and have been considering trying the staffing aspect for a while, I have done it on previous servers and found it quite enjoyable. My motivation stems from wanting to assist the current staff team in handling tickets and ensuring it a playable enjoyable experience for others. The current staff for the majority are very nice people and always polite and is a staff team I want to be a part of. I have played this server for the past few months and want to begin helping out the community that I've recently come a part of. I am also applying with some friends that have recommended me for staff a while back and after getting a proper feel for the server and it's rules I feel that I'm ready to do so effectively. 

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: I believe my ex senior staffing experience helps me stand out from others. I know not only how to handle/moderate a player base but also how to look after other staff members and keep them on track with their goals and priorities. Not only that but I've been here a while as a faction leader and have only 1 PO in my several months played. I believe my experience as a faction leader will prove quite useful as a staff member, knowing a lot more of the rules surrounding factions and what people may ask/require of me in particular situations so I can be better prepared. I am from England so my timezone allows me to be around for those early mornings when the server isn't as abundant in staff and where there are more rulebreaks going on. This will reduce the cluster of tickets from the mornings when the NA staff members start logging on. 

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): I was staff on CloudGaming DarkRP for over a year in my time there. I made it to A+ (A senior Staff Member) and held that position for a couple months before resigning due to moving here.  

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: My only PO is a metagaming ban for 3 days because I swapped to my cop character to watch after doing something on my criminal character. This ban was a couple weeks ago and is my only one, I believe I have learned from my mistakes and haven't been punished since.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: I can't solely speak for others opinions of me but when I first started becoming more recognisable is when I got my faction and my guy called Mr Pebble, Where me and Mr Boulder ran El Piedra Cartel. We weren't the most serious of faction owners and mostly just went around trying to make people laugh and give them an enjoyable experience on the server. I think this has made us quite recognisable on the server not as someone to be feared but as people to come have a laugh with. I have made a lot of new friends since starting here and would say I have a reasonably positive reputation. 

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: DaSchmeeze, 
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: The first step in this peticular situation would be to inform the player who was RDMed to make a ticket using the @. If I was personally involved in the incident I'd request another available staff member to take the ticket. If there were no other staff members available, I'd switch over to my staff character and take the ticket, giving the appropriate punishment to the player based on if enough evidence was provided and base the severity on his PO's.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would raise this to a senior member of Staff to watch over/keep an eye on them if it can't be directly proven. If I have a viable amount of evidence then I would make a staff report on the forums where Id explain the situation and provide all necessary evidence.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: In this scenario, it's crucial to ensure he is treated equal and not given any special treatment due to him being a friend. I would go about this as If I didn't know the guy at all to ensure no bias is given on my end. My friendship with the person in question would not impede my ability to deal with it fairly and effectively.

RE: Staff Application - HookGD - 07-21-2023

+1 good dude knows how to rp and would make a great staff member.

RE: Staff Application - Harry77711 - 07-21-2023

+1 Known him for ages and has the knowledge to become a great staff member.

RE: Staff Application - Quartz - 07-22-2023

a light -1. He’s a good guy but I feel like some of the server rules he doesn’t care for or just don’t follow. His ban was a more serious one than what he is putting on. He put a weed brick down on someone’s property then called it in before switching to his cop char and responding to the call with others, his full intention from my POV of the situation was to get that faction in trouble after they had got into an argument with that faction beforehand.

Staff Application - Rem - 07-29-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team.
Unfortunately, your application has been denied.

You may apply again in 30 days. You may apply sooner if you receive permission from a Head Administrator or higher.