Diverge Networks
deity ban appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Thread: deity ban appeal (/showthread.php?tid=6224)

deity ban appeal - 8tacey - 07-22-2023

Your Name: deity

Your SteamID (STEAM_0:0:634628544)
Your Discord ID#: deityx6

Reason for ban: saying looc could be used as in game ID?

Length of ban: 28 days.

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): dispute, Idk how saying looc could be used as in game ID is a banning offense especially for a month with no past offenses I have always heard people say pendred/UA approve of looc being used for proof of name for gun license/bar ids etc to stop cops from farming f3's if that was not the case I could of very well be pulled into a sit and explained that not sure what is so wrong with that.

Why should you be unbanned? I have a lot of things to do on the server I have no past offenses for anything nor do I ever even have issues brought to my attention a lot of "issues" could be revolved with a simple conversations from one of the staff members I just am confused on how everyday thinking from many others is able to be banned for a month I have never disrespect UA nor any staff to have any malicious acts or grudges towards them so I am confused on why little acts get me banned for this long.

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): N/A

RE: deity ban appeal - Ayden - 07-22-2023

Hi! I was the moderator who banned you. You were banned due to your assertions that the LOOC (Local Out of Character) function could be used as a way to exchange names on the server. Obviously, I was there when you made the claim and I immediately attempted to correct you, citing that taking what would be OOC information into the IC environment is generally a Metagame violation. You then disregarded that, stating that Pendred himself had said it is authorized to use LOOC for IC interactions. Having checked with Pendred, that turned out to be false. Further, you asserted that this is something that happens frequently in weapons transactions, which if so, is also not authorized. Regardless, these claims were the reason you were banned. Spreading false information that could possibly lead other, more impressionable players to do something that is blatantly against the rules is absolutely not okay, especially when using the server owners name to support the falsity. You turned what could have been a productive RP scenario into a staff issue over something that should never have been in question. I believe your ban is justified.

Edit: Forgot to address this, you do have multiple notes. No past offenses is a bit of a lie. Notes are past offenses written off as warnings, you still committed those acts.

RE: deity ban appeal - 8tacey - 07-22-2023

I didn't mean the actual justice of pendred said it was allowed I was referring to I have heard multiple people say Pendred and other UA approve of it meaning whenever you do a faction gun transaction which I am very familiar with doing it for a while I was always taught to do /looc and type to verify the name of the person yeah it technically it justified as ooc but that's something I have heard a billion time where pendred supposedly made a rule that you could is what I was told so faction gun sellers didn't farm f3's and so as cops not farming f3's which is a main reason on why cops double search you to collect your f3 which I could of sworn a UA person said something against cops only farming f3's and by offenses I meant no major ones with high punishment's I am not one to regard a ban especially from my past staff experience I do understand how spreading false information could be bad I just have always heard from people saying pendred/UA approve of it to void the situation of f3's being farmed.

RE: deity ban appeal - Ayden - 07-22-2023

To the original point, your words were that Pendred himself said it. Sadly, I don't have a video to prove what exactly was said but it hardly matters. I am personally not familiar with that rule regarding faction weapon transfers, if it exists then I am sure Pendred or one of the other UA members will make that clear. I am simply applying the rules as they are written. I don't have much more to say about this situation. Good luck in your appeal.

RE: deity ban appeal - Generic rapper - 07-24-2023

Im not involved in this but I have also heard several times from different people that you can use looc for this. I think that you guys could clarify this in the rules or make an announcement of some sort to make it more common knowledge that it is not the case because until now I also thought you could do that.

RE: deity ban appeal - Pendred - 07-25-2023

You lied in my name, I am absolutely going to believe my staff over you.

Will reduce total time to 2 weeks. Do not do it again.

deity ban appeal - Pendred - 07-25-2023

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and accepted.

The ban will be reduced to x.