Diverge Networks
Appeal for Maxim J Thorson - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Character Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: Appeal for Maxim J Thorson (/showthread.php?tid=6229)

Appeal for Maxim J Thorson - ArtyG - 07-23-2023

Name of Character: Maxim J Thorson

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:86444211

Your Discord ID#: 3011ag

Date of PK: 20230722

Reason for PK: A police officer took a situation that was occurring between myself and a friend out of context, on private property as well, that resulted in the police officer pulling a firearm on me and attempting to taze me while my friend was attempting to deescalate the situation. It all started with me holding a knife out, and greeting my friend with it out, and a police officer walks up with a rifle out and immediately tries to arrest me. When I ask what is happening, he pulls out a tazer, fires and misses me and my friend is now attempting to state that he is completely fine with the originating issue, and there was no real harm that would have come to him. The cop does not care, and proceeds to yell hands up, while attempting to taze me again, missing once more. A small chase ensues, in which the cop misses another tazer, so I pull out a revolver and try to defend myself. Another officer, this time with no uniform, comes over and shoots me immediately. The entire situation escalated from a very minor issue, and I am hoping that the officer who filed the PK report would also be inclined to rethink the claim at hand, as during the sit he also did state that he was against the decision that happened. Johnathan Dingleberry is the officer in the sit, and the friend in which was the falsified "Victim" that the officer was trying to defend is ronscatfish, (Jason Steinmentz IG) 

I came on the server for the first time in months, and didn't even remember the button to put my hands up, which I had stated profusely during the chase. I am just hoping that some consideration could be placed for my case, and that it would be re-evaluated about the punishment, of which I understand from the other perspective, but would hope could be given some level of sympathy for the full explanation. If it is still denied, I fully understand, and wish no ill-will against it. 

Thank you for your time.

RE: Appeal for Maxim J Thorson - Bear - 07-23-2023

Pulling Out a dangerous firearm whilst getting assaulted with a non lethal is valid pk, you escalated a situation with the police officer, honestly should've let him taze you then sue the PD

RE: Appeal for Maxim J Thorson - ZOOMER - 07-23-2023

"Well well well, if it isn't the consequence of my actions."

Couple of things to note. First, fleeing from an arrest is already not a very epic move to begin with. If it indeed is true that you and your friend was playing around, just calmly let the officer take you in and explain from there. If you think that the officers in question were acting out of bounds after said arrest, you're free to pursue legal action against them. Second, pulling out a firearm while fleeing from an arrest is probably the biggest mistake anyone has made, let alone pulling the trigger out of said firearm. Third, as far as I can see from what you've typed and the video presented as evidence, the escalation was not due to the officer's actions but yours.

Also final note, please make your font white or white-ish grey next time, helps the eyes a little bit and your appeal won't bleed into the background. If you need help with font formatting, we are always here to help.

Thank you for taking the time to create an appeal. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us directly via Discord.

Your appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this PK to be reasonable and/or justified.

You may not re-appeal this PK.