Diverge Networks
Oboshi Staffs Application / Maurice Flambagio - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Oboshi Staffs Application / Maurice Flambagio (/showthread.php?tid=6273)

Oboshi Staffs Application / Maurice Flambagio - Oboshi - 07-30-2023

In-Game Name(s): Old Name: Maurice Floyd. New Name Maurice "M.F. Doom" Flambagio

Steam Name: Oboshi

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198091850732/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:65792502

Discord Username: _oboshi

Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 6D 18H 47M

Time Zone: MT Time Zone (Mountain Time)

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: I've been playing on the server for mostly every single day since i've found out about it. So realistically I can do 4-6 Hours Week Days 6-7 On weekends. I do have a Job and the schedule changes every week.

Have you read the rules?: Yes

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: I do have past experience with Nutscript but that was a while ago so I would have to relearn it again. 

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes

-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  * I've been playing on this server for a little bit now and I got to say I've been enjoying the hell out of it. The community, things to do, and just the people in general. Everyone is always nice to each other (for the most of the part). What's mostly motivating me more is how much I've seen stuff happening and multiple people are reporting it and no staff picks it up. This is mostly happening later in the day or night. I want to be there to help out as much as I can for whoever I can. Even if someone is being toxic straight into my face I will help them out when they need it. (This does not mean i'm going to let shit slide, I just don't know what's going on with that person irl so I try to stay positive and hopefully gain the same respect back.)

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  * I'm unbiased, reasonable, nice too a lot of people, and always wanting to have a good night at the end of the day. I like to listen to people and understand were they are coming from. When there is a sit I will listen to both sides of the story before i'Il make any decision. I've seen other staff members of other community's that wont even listen to the other person side of the story before they make a decision and in long term it comes back to them when that person makes a ban appeal or something else. I'm also a team worker and like working with others a lot. So when I need a second opinion or a third I will ask no matter what. It never hurts to ask for help and if someone asks me I will be there to help! I mostly have positive mindset, yeah there are days when It's being rough or something is going on but that happens with everyone. I'm also a leader and like planning a lot of things in the future. There's some attributes why I would be a good candidate for this staff team. I want to help people learn about the server too if they have any questions on what too do and how to do it i'll be there! 

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): I do have a good amount of experience on a couple of community's.

First off is Garnet Gaming. I've been a Head Mod and Lead Gamemaster on there MilitaryRP. I've also been Admin on there StarwarsRP as well a Gamemaster.

Secondly, It's not too crazy cause of the community’s s weren't up that long. But in Diamond Networks I was Manager of Staff (Head of Staff Administration). 

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: I have not been banned on this community or any community in fact. 

I will say I have been warned on the server once. It was a RDM factor I will still getting use to the server and still figuring things out. There was a guy that I've told to leave the property. He did leave but a couple minutes later I heard something in the alleyway. I went to go investigate and it was the same person that I kicked out earlier he put an oven in front of our back door and he had a mask on this time. I just took the sign he was trying to stove bomb the property so without hesitation I did shoot him. I didn't clip the warning part of telling him to leave but I did clip the whole factor of him in the alleyway with the oven. So that's were it got me with the RDM warn.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  * I will say I have been trying to go around and meet new people every day.  For as I know right now my reputation is really good. I don't have any bad intentions or appeals to anyone. I hope the same with others. But, I go around the map talk to people have some laughs with each other, and etc. People come to me if they need help with anything and me helping them back does build my reputation. With other factions and talking to them about plans in the future too they now know about me and have good thoughts. Yeah there are minges on the server going on about so I try to stay away from them so I don't get pulled into anything that I wasn't trying to be part of.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Rage, Redrum

-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: If someone did RDM right infront of me I would make a ticket. I can not just take the RDMer to a sit room right away. I will also clip the situation just incase no one does accept the ticket or does accept it. If no one takes the ticket I will go on duty and accept the ticket. Then, i'll bring the RDMer into a sit room and show him the clip of what he did. Explain to him that RDMing is not allowed and check his notes to see if he has any other warnings from the past. If he does then I will give him a punishment for RDMing.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I've seen this happen a lot. What I do is clip all the times i've seen them abuse there powers. I will also let an higher staff member know of the situation just so they know what is going on. But, once the clips get too the point were I believe I have enough evidence to prove I will make a staff report on the forums(It could be one clip or multiple clips it matters how noticeable the staff abuse is). Provide all the evidence and explain what the situation is going on. From there on the punishment will be decided if anything happens or not. I will also try too talk to the staff member as well and let him know that he shouldn't be abusing his powers and give him some tips. If that does not work then we I will go with clipping everything and making a report.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: Even if this can affect my friendship I will have to bring them into a sit and hear what's going on. If its RDM it will be a RDM punishment same as NITRP, FailRP, MRDM, the list can go on. I will explain to them about what they did wrong. With how bad the situation is scale 1-10 they could possibly come back after there ban and hopefully be smarter then before. I'll try to be saying "no hard feelings I'm sorry but I can't let this go" Cause that can go back on me and will get me in trouble. If your being bias that will bring you down a rabbit hole and you wont be able to get yourself out of. Cause then people are just gonna start saying your name and being like "this guy is chill he doesn't give a shit with what you do". So just moral of the question I will not be bias even if the leader of the faction I'm in. At the end of the day is my friend doing stupid things I'm not just gonna slap him on the shoulder he's messing up and I'm not gonna get it slide

Thank you for taking your time to look at my application Smile

---------------------------------------------------------

Oboshi Staffs Application / Maurice Flambagio - Rem - 07-31-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.