Diverge Networks
Owning Houses For The Community - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+---- Thread: Owning Houses For The Community (/showthread.php?tid=6274)

Pages: 1 2

Owning Houses For The Community - emmaiscool - 07-30-2023

Owning houses for the community would be mutually beneficial to the residents of New York as well as bolstering the economy of the local government. It would foster a sense of community on the North Side. I believe strictly allowing only factions to own houses vastly limits the RP abilities of the townhouses. What I suggest is allowing Community Members to purchase (via auction) or rent the townhouses. I also believe that prices should be controlled, so that members of the public are not extorted to pay excessive prices, and homes limited to 1 per person. I have gauged the opinion of the public, and have only heard confirmation of my opinion as well as getting multiple agreements from members of the Department of Planning, along with an endorsement from the Mayor, Davis Freedom, himself. Thank you for your time reading this
-Lilli Cecilia

RE: Owning Houses For The Community - Daviss - 07-30-2023

+1 i want a house so i can house rp

RE: Owning Houses For The Community - Generic rapper - 07-30-2023

There is a bunch of houses available to be fair but people are able to rent apartments so it kinda already exists also Worldcorp rooms are also now basically free

RE: Owning Houses For The Community - Canadian-bacon - 07-30-2023

This was how it worked at the start of the server and it was removed because of how much it truly limited RP. If individuals could own the building only that one person may be set to the doors.

Compare that to a faction.

A faction is comprised of dozens of members. Many of whom are on the server during varying times, and if the faction owns the building then each respective member has keys.

So when directly comparing the two it makes more sense for a faction to own the building as it allows more persons to use the house instead of just one person who isn't able to be on 24/7.

Many say this is limiting for Citizens but they have the option to f2 buy self storages, world corp floors and squat in unowned buildings. At the end of the day it is Mafia RP so obviously the mechanics will favour users who join a mafia. Its the advantages of the social interaction portion of the gamemode.

RE: Owning Houses For The Community - emmaiscool - 07-30-2023

(07-30-2023, 06:55 PM)Generic rapper Wrote: There is a bunch of houses available to be fair but people are able to rent apartments so it kinda already exists also Worldcorp rooms are also now basically free

Currently, the houses are only available to purchase if you are a faction owner.

RE: Owning Houses For The Community - Generic rapper - 07-30-2023

I think houses could be given to non faction company owners and taken away if they aren’t used for rp

RE: Owning Houses For The Community - Masterxplans - 07-30-2023

+1
I like this idea, but it's quite obvious why it's only faction based and etc. However, the only thing I could see working is if only like 2 or 3 townhouses were available for individual or citizen use. Then it could work, or maybe multiple people had to be on the property not just one.

This is something I really know people would want, just implementing it would be a little sticky.

RE: Owning Houses For The Community - Rem - 07-30-2023

" and have only heard confirmation of my opinion as well as getting multiple agreements from members of the Department of Planning"

Bro there are 2 people in it and I'm one of them. I know damn well you didn't get any agreements and are spewing shit out of your ass lol.

Civvies can own temporarily own PLENTY of properties/rooms. This is unnecessary and just a niche want that will only exist for 1 hour of rp of a week.

RE: Owning Houses For The Community - emmaiscool - 07-30-2023

(07-30-2023, 06:55 PM)Canadian-bacon Wrote: This was how it worked at the start of the server and it was removed because of how much it truly limited RP. If individuals could own the building only that one person may be set to the doors.

Compare that to a faction.

A faction is comprised of dozens of members. Many of whom are on the server during varying times, and if the faction owns the building then each respective member has keys.

So when directly comparing the two it makes more sense for a faction to own the building as it allows more persons to use the house instead of just one person who isn't able to be on 24/7.

Many say this is limiting for Citizens but they have the option to f2 buy self storages, world corp floors and squat in unowned buildings. At the end of the day it is Mafia RP so obviously the mechanics will favour users who join a mafia. It’s the advantages of the social interaction portion of the gamemode.

Currently it’s limiting because members that are in a faction are limited to not being able to buy these properties that many / most faction owners cannot find use for

(07-30-2023, 07:10 PM)Rem Wrote: " and have only heard confirmation of my opinion as well as getting multiple agreements from members of the Department of Planning"

Bro there are 2 people in it and I'm one of them. I know damn well you didn't get any agreements and are spewing shit out of your ass lol.

Civvies can own temporarily own PLENTY of properties/rooms. This is unnecessary and just a niche want that will only exist for 1 hour of rp of a week.

I stand by what i said. I reached out for yours as well but you never responded, others did. 

This isn’t as niche as you think it is… Step out of your bubble and ask around.

RE: Owning Houses For The Community - Rem - 07-30-2023

I'll try to think up of a solution, though sole ownership is not on the table.