Diverge Networks
travis' Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: travis' Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=6279)

travis' Staff Application - travistaps - 07-31-2023

In-Game Name(s): Suleiman Shahzar, Senior Officer Chase Smith
Steam Name: travis
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TRAVISHA/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:179938847
Discord Username: travistaps
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1w 1d 11h 39m
Time Zone: ET
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: Almost infinite during the summer and about 10-20 hours per week from September to April.
Have you read the rules?: Yes, I am quite familiar with them
Do you have a working microphone?:  Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?:  I do.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  
As a long-time Garry's Mod player with almost 4,000 hours of playtime, I have participated in a fair share of communities in varying degrees. Before I joined MafiaRP I was an active player on Perpheads and was a moderator there for about 2 years. Their forum infrastructure, overall rules, and gameplay are similar. Many of the skills and tricks I learned there transferred over to MafiaRP. Since joining this server, I have dedicated a significant amount of time to understanding various aspects and RP types and now have mafia, police, and law characters all of which participate in a different part of MafiaRP. Currently, there is no other game, game mode, or server that I enjoy participating in like MafiaRP, and when I find these "golden" communities I tend to stick around for a very long time. I wanted to apply to staff to extend my skills and experience to assist a community that I truly enjoy being a part of.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  
Although I may not be an old-timer, I have an unparalleled dedication to integrating myself into MafiaRP while learning the knit picks that come with every set of rules. A strong showcase of this is my ability to attain a perfect score (192) on the bar exam despite not having taken it before nor having years of experience in legal RP. My previous experience as a moderator, playtime on the server, and Garry's Mod as well as my quick integration into MafiaRP's community justify and enforce my ability to carry out the necessary duties of a staff member and meet quotas as needed. I also get along quite well with everyone I meet and do so with ease. In my opinion, making connections and being "liked" is all about compassion, understanding, and social intelligence, all of which lead to these results. I am also quite familiar with the rules and staffing styles due to the numerous times I had made tickets and learned how rules are not only understood but also applied. I am sure DaShmeeze can vouch for me when I claim this.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position, and how long):
Yes, I was a moderator on Perpheads. com,  a serious roleplaying server with a similar style of police and criminals as well as a drug and organization system though not quite as detailed as MafiaRP.  I was in this position for about 2 years, resigning in the middle and joining again when I had more time. Despite this, I was able to make time for staff meetings and report quotas. My accepted staff application there is linked here. If you read through that accepted staff application you might notice an apologetic tone. This is because I had spawned an item for an event I was running and logged off without deleting it (Though it stayed in my inventory and was never distributed as I did not have ill intentions). The owner was not happy about it and had me delete it but eventually allowed me back as a Moderator due to my proven dedication and their regained trust.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:
I have never been banned before on any Diverge Networks server.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  *
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names:
Moderator -AvoidKoh
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:
I understand that it may be abusive or biased to deal with a situation you are involved in so I would treat this like I am a normal player. Although I am impartial, it would make more sense to let someone else handle it as that is how it has always been on the server I moderated for. I would first clip the situation, make a staff ticket detailing what had happened, and await a response. If there are no staff online but myself I would still request it be dealt with by someone else unless it is a severe rule-break RDM like a massRDM'er as that needs to be stopped.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:
Abusing as a staff member is no joke even if it was unintentional. Depending on the severity I would first let that staff member know that what they are doing is not allowed and that they should stop. If they refuse I will report them to a higher-ranking staff member and allow them to handle the situation. On the other server I moderated on, we had a staff complaints system where you would send a ticket to the higher-up staff and allow them to reach a reasonable conclusion and make a fair decision about consequences.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?:

Despite that person being a good friend, reckless behavior and rule-breaking is not acceptable or fair to everyone else in the server. I would deal with these reports like they were any other and hand out punishments depending on the severity of the rule breaks. If I feel that I may be biased towards them I will allow another staff member to deal with them so a just outcome is reached. If a friend is just minging I would have a stern chat with them and let them know this may have them banned. I have had to do this before and although painful at times, it is what should be done. My relationship with them did not change as they never intended on roleplaying seriously on the server anyways. Regardless, with any friend, they are a friend for reasons of good company and a friend that cuts me off for banning them from a community I enjoy participating in is not a friend I would like to have. 

I appreciate you taking the time to read over my staff application, if you would like to leave a comment about what you think of me, my application, or any other general aspects, feel free to! I am always open to constructive criticism and I am one for change for the better Smile

---------------------------------------------------------

RE: travis' Staff Application - Coolwey - 07-31-2023

+1 do it

RE: travis' Staff Application - jagi - 07-31-2023

+1 he very dedicated and he the goat

RE: travis' Staff Application - Tsurreal - 07-31-2023

+1 cool guy good fit to be a Mod

travis' Staff Application - Rem - 07-31-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.