Diverge Networks
Mudjug Staff App - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Mudjug Staff App (/showthread.php?tid=637)

Mudjug Staff App - Mudjug - 02-01-2021

Staff Application Format
If you wish to apply for staff be sure to fill out the following format. Make sure applications are neat and legible. Short or low effort Applications will be denied.

Make the Application Legible. Format it correctly. (Legible colours, etc)

In-Game Name(s): Bryce Moore
Steam Name: XxMUDJUGxX
Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197990463996
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:15099134
Discord Username: mudjug#3785
Total playtime on Server: roughly 40 hours
Time Zone: CST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: ~40 hours a week
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  *MafiaRP is a community in which I fit in well. Generally, a more mature and serious level of players reside here and it has been a welcoming change for the better. I have always enjoyed being a part of the growth of servers, both new and established, and helping guide the victory and success of the server in question. I also take great pride in helping deliver a quality experience to the playerbase I grow side by side with. I have spent a great majority of my gmod hours staffing on servers and have grown to truly enjoy the fact I always learn something new.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  *While I could provide a plethora of reasons, Ill stick to the most relevant to a recruiter. 1. I have thousands of hours logged and a large majority of that has been staffing. 2. I have experience staffing in multiple gamemodes (TTT, DarkRP, CityRP, PoliceRP) and have solid knowledge on how to get on the level of a multitude of gamers and their personalities, which helps diffusing MANY different types of situations. 3. I am mature and can hold my emotions and whatnot together while facing down a barrage of insults from an unhappy sit participant. 4. I have ties to some higher quality twitch and youtubers from my time as a marketing professional for another well known server. I also have the full set of adobe creative cloud apps and microsoft office from when I led the media team. 5. I have nothing but time to dedicate to due being home all the time with covid hitting the world so hard. 6. I HAVE PATIENCE.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): Monolith servers: Senior Administrator - a year and a half. Code Red PoliceRP - 3 months. CrazyPetesTTT - 3 months

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  *I have tried to make myself as well aquainted as possible amongst the entirety of the community. With that being said, I can only speculate the remainder of the question. I assume that I have a decent reputation. I also assume that other members think of me as a fun guy to be around.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: No, this is all by my own accord.
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: In order to keep the RP flowing forward, I will take the information available from the situation and bring it to another staff members attention whether in a report or discord. In no way am I to halt the experience of those around me nor should I be handling my own sits UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: Talk to the staff member in question and see whats going on. Maybe they have a reason or purpose. If it continues without good reason, I would go to the next senior rank and explain the situation at hand and let them escalate from there. Chain of Command.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I sign on and take the trust of the community into my hands by becoming a staff member. While they are absolutely welcome to continue being my friend, I have a quality experience I have promised to deliver and a real friend would realize this before causing problems and expecting me to sweep it under the rug. IF it was a concern to players or other staff, option 2 would be to hand the situation over to other available staff members.

Mudjug Staff App - Pendred - 02-02-2021

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Please ensure that you have read and understood the Staff Handbook.
Contact myself or another member of Management on Discord for training and to get setup.