Diverge Networks
Re-joining staff - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Re-joining staff (/showthread.php?tid=6384)

Re-joining staff - ShowerCoach - 08-14-2023

In-Game Name(s): ShowerCoach, Johnny "Takuache" Tang, Aldo Lucci, Mel "Meli" Jordan.
Steam Name: ShowerCoach
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198335236610/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:187485441
Discord Username: ShowerCoach
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1 month, 2 weeks, 4 days, 18 hours, and 2 minutes.
Time Zone: Central standard time
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 4+hours a day, probably more depending on the day.
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes, but I will need a refresher course. I took a little break and forgot some of the ways of the wand.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  I am reapplying because I miss helping the Mafia community, I was always good at what I did. I had to take a break because my mom had cancer, and now she is cancer free. My motivation and what drives me is serving this community once more, and I want to do that permanently this time. I believe that I can overcome any obstacle that you may throw at me, I am here to serve the community. With that in mind, Im ready for what ever comes next. 

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  I have experience within this server, I have been here since 2021. Through dedication, and perseverance. I over qualify amongst many people, and a lot of people will agree. My attitude is top notch, my listening skills is also top tier. I may be old, but I am full of wisdom and I'm charismatic.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): Diverge Networks 2022-2023 From Moderator to Admin. On and off for a year.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: I'll be honest here. I was an idiot and joined a Discord call while playing Gmod, got slapped with Metagaming. I failed to read the rules when I got back, and essentially was a jack ass. I have served my punishment, and I'm back and ready to work. I do not plan on breaking the rules ever again, infact I stay away from Discord calls.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  * My reputation rating speaks for itself, I have always been a genuine community member. I am an outstanding, non Bias, non judgmental, and essentially not an asshole. I may have gotten banned once in my lifetime, but I take it as a learning lesson. Everything That I have done in the community, is for the best. This also includes my previous Administrator duties, and faction leader duties as well. A lot of people like me, and a lot of people do not know me.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names:
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I will @ with a message to other Moderators, and see if they can handle my RDM ticket. If they can, they will have to copy IDs associated with kill logs. If for some reason they cannot assist me, I can always do a player report on the forums. If that all fails, I can always hop on duty and have a sit with them. The goal is to be non biased at all times, despite being Rdm'd. 

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I will create a ticket in the Diverge Networks Discord, I will report them to a higher up. Since I record a lot, I will present a clip with the evidence to a higher up or UA in this case. If they ask me to post it to forums, I will do that in staff report.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: My job comes first before friendship, sorry not sorry. I will teleport them to a room sit, and I will ask them specifically what is going on? After I get an answer, which is normally minimal. I will then gather my witnesses into a room sit as well. I will gather statements and any evidence such as clips to conclude my final say. From there, depending on their POs I will determine if they need a ban or if they need new notes. Usually Rdm'ing and minging together is roughly a 3 days-5 days vacation, depending on the severity.
---------------------------------------------------------

RE: Re-joining staff - Marzii2 - 08-14-2023

+1 hell yeah. ShowerCoach has always been a helpful and a genuine member of the community. When I first started Staff, he was always someone I could go to for help. Besides Staff, in-game, you would never see ShowerCoach breaking character or even have a thought of doing any type of minging. In my opinion, ShowerCoach was a brilliant Staff member and a great roleplayer.

RE: Re-joining staff - Upir - 08-15-2023

+1 good guy and he is experienced.

RE: Re-joining staff - Moses - 08-15-2023

yes, very cool

RE: Re-joining staff - DaSchmeeze - 08-15-2023

+1 Welcome back

Re-joining staff - Pendred - 08-16-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.