Diverge Networks
Ban app. - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Ban app. (/showthread.php?tid=6394)

Ban app. - Yung Rock - 08-16-2023

our Name: diorock

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve): steam acting up, I'll comment it underneath when it's good

Your Discord ID#: diorock 

Reason for ban: mugging char, metagame

Length of ban: 14 days

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): Well we werent metagaming because we had radios toggled on with same freq, which we used. Admin obviously didn't check LOL. None of us had a mugging char either, here's the definition "
  1. You may not make a character for the sole purpose of mugging, for example if you are pk'ed for mugging and simply create a new character and continue the same actions. It shows you have no regard for actual roleplay. 
    "

2. We've used the same characters for everything, due to two of us having one cop char. This consists of 
    selling meth, trading meth for coke, selling&buying clothes, gambling, rping with the faction I'm in. Buying and selling guns. The normal shit. 
  3. We've put in a real effort into not having the robberies trace back to us and our faction, which seems to have worked since staff thinks they were mugging chars. Proof of my regard for actual roleplay can be found in logs, my character didn't die for a week straight, the week I've been playing, didn't die until I found out dying cures your meth addiction. 
  4. To make the situation more clear, I'm in a faction. Been there while playing, paid kickup and rped with them.
  5. Tony my friend who's been with me I've kept with me, outside of the faction. Trust me it's just better that way, I got my reasons in rp. But he's been rping with me for the duration of my stay here.
  6. Sayyid is C4 came back after a years break due to situations like this. He made a new char to join my faction, he was the wrong race on his other char. He'd been playing with me yesterday, brought him into the faction because I am trusted to be capable of bringing in new members.
  7. I made sure both their radios was on, same freq and that they used it, because we got banned for metagaming a couple weeks ago.We've been very careful as to not make this lead back to us or our faction as we're not allowed to rob, but the payout be wild sometimes so we've took the risk.C4 used to be a very respected faction leader back in the day, this is to testify to his intent on this server. Pendred and Canadian themselves know of his history.
Why should you be unbanned? We didn't break the rules.

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): Logs, staff and our faction could confirm what I'm saying. However it's still gonna be a problem for me in rp so I'd rather not use my faction as witnesses.

RE: Ban app. - DaSchmeeze - 08-16-2023

You, along with two others were planning to mug. One of the three had a new character made which you gave him money. You were also banned for metagaming, after mugging an individual you switched to your cop character to try and sell the items. After you couldn't find a buyer, you switched back saying that the deal didn't go through. In game chat. In logs.

RE: Ban app. - Yung Rock - 08-16-2023

My steam ID: STEAM_0:1:167301020
C4's steam ID: STEAM_0:0:148794689
Unsure of Tony's steam ID as I do not have his account on steam

(08-16-2023, 09:02 PM)DaSchmeeze Wrote: You, along with two others were planning to mug. One of the three had a new character made which you gave him money. You were also banned for metagaming, after mugging an individual you switched to your cop character to try and sell the items. After you couldn't find a buyer, you switched back saying that the deal went through. In game chat. In logs.

Yes we were planning to mug, with the intention of mugging the guy in question. This is not against the rules.
I gave him money because he's my friend, in rp he's my cousin from overseas, again. This is not against the rules.
I talked about the metagaming in my appeal, if you had read it you would have known. Radios are not against the rules.
My cop char got paid 500 dollars by my friend to talk to guys at the club as to set up a deal between my friend and them. Not to sell stuff, search my cop chars inventory, you'll see it's empty. This is not against the rules.
I never stated the deal didn't go through, I stated the opposite and we left it at that. You are right, I should have walked back myself and told him but it was mad late and I was tired. I am sorry for doing that, I'll make sure the same mistake wont happen again.

Your first point was without a point.
Your secound point was also without a point because I've already stated this in the appeal above.
Your third point is also without a point because I've mentioned that we made sure to use our radios, based on our previous ban.
I switched to my cop char a good while after the robbery, I used my cop char strictly to set up a deal. As no deal was set up no rule was broken. Cop char also had a radio on him.
Every point you've had has been without point. Let's admit we robbed your friend for too much I'm willing to admit and you guys couldn't catch us in rp, so you banned us after we all got off as to not give us a chance at defending ourselves.

If you think I'm a destructive addition to this server for saying "the deal didn't go through" feel free to give me a adequate ban for metagaming. I beg to differ and I admit I should not have done this, but the extent I've gone to not metagame should speak on my intent on this server after my previous ban.
However, me breaking a rule does NOT allow you to ban people for the same rule just because they know me.
You banned Tony for metagaming yet he wasnt even on his PC when I went on my cop character and for like an hour after that.
This shows you clearly weren't after us breaking any rules but simply just looking for violations which you could get us for.
Admit your mistake, be the bigger man. It shows strength of character. It's not the end of the world.
Very sorry we robbed your friend, will prolly happen again seeing as 30 minutes has passed now.

RE: Ban app. - Yuki - 08-16-2023

after the mugging you went onto your cop char and then walked over to where your friend was and he payed you to advertise so you used your ooc knowledge of his location to go and meet up and you said on your cop " [IC] Cadet Shimmy Shum: Friend of ours sent me to talk further about a moses suit and a colombo ring" then after that fell through this [ARA] Khalid Shik Shek: Our friend said the sale was a no go which both are you aka using your knowledge from other chars to abuse the system. thoose logs might shine more light onto what daschmeeze was saying

RE: Ban app. - Yung Rock - 08-16-2023

(08-16-2023, 09:43 PM)Yuki Wrote: after the mugging you went onto your cop char and then walked over to where your friend was and he payed you to advertise so you used your ooc knowledge of his location to go and meet up and you said on your  cop " [IC] Cadet Shimmy Shum: Friend of ours sent me to talk further about a moses suit and a colombo ring" then after that fell through this [ARA] Khalid Shik Shek: Our friend said the sale was a no go which both are you aka using your knowledge from other chars to abuse the system. thoose logs might shine more light onto what daschmeeze was saying
Your point being? Read what I've said instead of helping ya mans out.
I've already stated that I should not have done it and admitted I was wrong.
Read my appeal before responding again please. So we don't have to deal with you just repeating what I've already said.

(08-16-2023, 09:46 PM)Yung Rock Wrote:
(08-16-2023, 09:43 PM)Yuki Wrote: after the mugging you went onto your cop char and then walked over to where your friend was and he payed you to advertise so you used your ooc knowledge of his location to go and meet up and you said on your  cop " [IC] Cadet Shimmy Shum: Friend of ours sent me to talk further about a moses suit and a colombo ring" then after that fell through this [ARA] Khalid Shik Shek: Our friend said the sale was a no go which both are you aka using your knowledge from other chars to abuse the system. thoose logs might shine more light onto what daschmeeze was saying
Your point being? Read what I've said instead of helping ya mans out.
I've already stated that I should not have done it and admitted I was wrong.
Read my appeal before responding again please. So we don't have to deal with you just repeating what I've already said.
And again, that's me breaking the rule, nobody else. Just me. Explain to me why two other people got banned for it. One guy who was afk at the time of this happening. Odd right?

The only thing you've got i a statement which says "It didn't go through" very irrelevant information, didn't get anything out of it.
Shows how this whole ban is just a real real shitty excuse for helping your roleplay friends.
The fact that it's clear they werent mugging characters and that the stated metagame only I did. Yet 2 other people got banned.
Be the bigger man, admit you fucked up.

Some interesting comments on the banning admins forum page
"Negative (-3): clearly corrupt for your faction Disappointing man very disappointing"
"Negative (-1): Corrupt admin using staff powers to defend his faction from IC threats."
how odd...

Ban app. - Rem - 08-17-2023

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this ban to be reasonable and/or justified.

Ensure you have read our Server Rules