Diverge Networks
SupremeMexicans Ban Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Thread: SupremeMexicans Ban Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=6468)

SupremeMexicans Ban Appeal - SupremeMexican - 08-28-2023

Your Name: SupremeMexican

Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:226573142

Your Discord ID: SupremeMexican

Reason for ban: POx5, RDM, RDMx2, NITRP

Length of ban: 5 Days

Reason for appeal: Dispute

Why should you be unbanned: I got banned for five days for shooting someone who ran me over (a cop) for no reason at all with a car and tried to drive away. First of all, I can think of probably 200 instances where this has happened with no issues. I felt they were a danger to myself and others and took out the threat, I understand that they may have felt like it was rdm, but at the end of the day they ran me over and tried to take my life. I have not had any warning/punishments in the past six months at the least so I feel like five days for this small situation is a bit much. I feel like this moderator Chad Warden might have been friends with the people who reported me seeing as chad said nearly nothing to me and let the people reporting do all the talking, then he just bans me in the middle of the sit without explaining anything to me. He also added NITRP when I have been rping in the MafiaRP community for about 4-6 years with little warnings or bans, and can say I only play this server to RP and have many people who can back me on that. At the end of the day it is only five days, but the way it was handled by the moderator was horrible, and this should have never been a ban, let alone a five day ban that also adds three more POs to me. At the end of the day it is up to staff, but I just feel like this situation was taken way out of hand and the punishment was insane. 

Additional Info: None

Just a little more background, they ran me over, ran into a crowd at the clothing store, could not identify them, they ran back to their car, and I thought they tried to run me over again, and tried to drive away recklessly while yelling something, i felt like they were a danger to myself and others, so I shot at them and killed them.

RE: SupremeMexicans Ban Appeal - Monte - 08-29-2023

According to logs you were hit by a car for 5 damage. Once you got up you decided not to identify them and instead waited by their car. You made 0 attempt to detain or arrest the people but rather wait as soon as they enter their car over a minute later and gun them both down. You never pulled them out, tazed them, etc. You also had previous offenses (PO) for rdm and was noted for a ban on the next offense. As for the accusation of these people being my "friends". I don't know them nor are they affiliated with me RP wise. I gave you plenty of opportunity to speak and even tried to give you the benefit of the doubt. But seeing as your excuse to kill them was "people do it all the time" it pretty much solved the case in itself.

A 5 day ban is hefty but due to previous offenses and you confessing to not even try to detain or stop the individuals, I feel the punishment was just and fair. Where the discrepancy lies is your PO's, your confession, and excuses of "people do it all the time".

TLDR: You got ran over, sat by their car for over a minute waiting, and then gunned them down.

RE: SupremeMexicans Ban Appeal - SupremeMexican - 08-29-2023

(08-29-2023, 06:24 PM)Monte Wrote: According to logs you were hit by a car for 5 damage. Once you got up you decided not to identify them and instead waited by their car. You made 0 attempt to detain or arrest the people but rather wait as soon as they enter their car over a minute later and gun them both down. You never pulled them out, tazed them, etc. You also had previous offenses (PO) for rdm and was noted for a ban on the next offense. As for the accusation of these people being my "friends". I don't know them nor are they affiliated with me RP wise. I gave you plenty of opportunity to speak and even tried to give you the benefit of the doubt. But seeing as your excuse to kill them was "people do it all the time" it pretty much solved the case in itself.

A 5 day ban is hefty but due to previous offenses and you confessing to not even try to detain or stop the individuals, I feel the punishment was just and fair. Where the discrepancy lies is your PO's, your confession, and excuses of "people do it all the time".

TLDR: You got ran over, sat by their car for over a minute waiting, and then gunned them down.

That is not at all what happened, I went and asked the crowd who it was, no one confessed, was I meant to detail all seven people there by myself? Once they got in the car I told them to stop and they said "fuck you f*g**t" and tried to hit me again and run away. Which is why they were not just shot when they entered the car at the clothing store and were shot while driving away nearly a block away.

When did I admit to never trying to identify them?, and where did waiting by the car come from? From their side of the story or what you chose to hear? Again I ran into the clothing store and asked questions in an attempt to identify them. Was there even a clip of this situation? Were you watching the situation? Or did You just take their side of the story and went with it?

When was that PO? A warning i got half a year to a year ago? I am pretty sure you can see when those POs were given. I feel like that's a long time to be carrying that over and using it. 

My excuse for killing them was as I said, they ran me over, tried to do it again, and were driving away recklessly, I felt like they were a danger to myself and others. 

I only brang that up that "people do it all the time" because it is true, this is a valid reason to kill someone and people do it all the time, not as an excuse, but as a fact. You clearly did not listen to a word I said in the sit, and just took their side.

You even banned me while I was mid sentence talking, and again, you did not explain the punishment I was getting or why, you said maybe two sentences during the entire sit. A question and telling me something the people who reported me had said right before that. 

You even added NITRP when again, I tried to do what I do every day as a cop on the server with no issues, talk to people, and do my job, RP. So you also added another offense for no reasoning or backing at all.

SupremeMexicans Ban Appeal - BoomRoasted - 08-31-2023

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and accepted.

The ban will be reduced to 1d.