Diverge Networks
wackyTiger Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: wackyTiger Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=647)

wackyTiger Staff Application - wackyTiger - 02-03-2021

In-Game Name(s): Damien White, Officer James Aulner
Steam Name: SB wackyTiger
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198973506246
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:506620259
Discord Username: wackyTiger#7899
Total playtime on Server: 10+ hours
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: About as much time as I can get on gmod, so around 3-4 hours a day.
Have you read the rules?: Yes.
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes.
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes.
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: I decided to apply for staff because I feel like activity for the staff team is not good at the moment. Staff are trying their best, too many tickets being made by 100 or so players, and I want to make it easy for the rest of the team by joining the team and becoming a trial moderator. *
Why should you be considered over other candidates?: I should be chosen over other candidates due to my dedication to the staff team and my staff experience, as I have been staffing for 5 years but on different games not relating to gmod. Hopefully if I do get accepted, I will be able to express my staff experience and show how well of a moderator I am. *
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): Yes. I have been the Community Manager for a server known as NextLevel Gaming for about 3 years before I resigned in SCP:SL, I used to be in a roleplay group on gmod for SCP:RP and I was a lore writer and a discord moderator for about a year before I resigned a couple of weeks ago recently.
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No.
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: I am not really well known in the community but people see me around from time to time when I am on-duty as NYPD, and almost half of the police department know me pretty well so far. *
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: No.
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: Since I am off-duty, I would contact another moderator through the ticket system and attempt to get it sorted as if I was a community member.
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would start screenshooting/recording the staff member and finishing it once they are done, sending the proof to an administrator or senior moderator (depending of how low the persons rank is), and then begin reporting them and see if they can handle the situation from there.
A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I would mainly treat them like a member of the server, giving them the same punishments as everyone else. I would give them their punishments, and then continue on with my business.

RE: wackyTiger Staff Application - Mudjug - 02-08-2021

-1 but don't let this get you down. I'll explain why.

As you can see, our playerbase can be very...vocal. Or one could say abusive as hell. It requires a brilliant level of patience to deal with the issues that arise throughout your time on duty AND off duty. I mention this because I have seen you get VERY worked up on your character and it concerns me that what you will face will cause issues for you. You're a young lad at only 14. Could it be very possible that you are more advanced in maturity for your age? Absolutely. But this isnt SCP my friend. This is a whole new ballgame.

With your answers, I like them but the one thing I would like to have seen is that you could attempt to handle issues with the other staff member one on one before involving upper staff as sometimes just a simple "Hey man, whats going on" can avoid a big shitshow. We also have a good amount of EST staff

Please dont let this -1 get you discouraged. But I'd like some time to see you handle situations more calmly in game. Once I see a change in that, I'd be willing to change my answer to a light +1

RE: wackyTiger Staff Application - Rem - 02-10-2021

I have seen you in game, and I wasn't very impressed.
Terrible responses
I don't think you are staff material

RE: wackyTiger Staff Application - Kenny T - 02-11-2021

staffing since u were 9
lol

RE: wackyTiger Staff Application - Chad - 02-11-2021

-1 too young | never seen you before | 10 hours is nothing

wackyTiger Staff Application - Pendred - 02-13-2021

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team.
Unfortunately, your application has been denied.

You may apply again in 30 days. You may apply sooner if you receive permission from a Head Administrator or higher.