Diverge Networks
Shards Staff App - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Shards Staff App (/showthread.php?tid=6488)

Shards Staff App - Shards - 08-31-2023

Staff Application Format

If you wish to apply for staff, please fill out the following format. Make sure your application is neat and legible. Applications that are short or low-effort may be denied. Ensure your application is formatted correctly, including legible colors and other formatting elements.

In-Game Name(s): Shards
Steam Name: Shards
Steam Profile Link: [Your Steam Profile Link]
Steam ID: 76561199067781181
Discord Username: Sh1rds#0000
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): [Approximate playtime]
Time Zone: GMT+1
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: Around 3 hours daily on weekdays, more on weekends for staff duties.
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes

-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: I've been playing on this server for a while now and I'm eager to contribute positively as a staff member. I've witnessed rule-breaking instances that I believe I can help prevent, enhancing the overall experience for everyone.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: Despite my age of 17 and school commitments, my dedication to learning and contributing sets me apart. I offer a fresh perspective and a proactive attitude to the staff team.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): I've held staff positions on different servers, including Fallout RP and DarkRP, which have equipped me with community management and problem-solving skills.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: I've been banned twice for minor reasons. The first instance was a misunderstanding when I started playing on the server, and the second was due to an unintentional violation of rules by sharing content out of character. I've learned from these experiences and aim to contribute positively.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: While I don't consider myself extremely well-known, I'm familiar with a significant number of players and have a positive rapport with many.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: None

-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving

Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: If I witness RDM while off-duty, I'd note down the offender's name and SteamID. I'd then join the server, gather evidence discreetly, and report it to an on-duty staff member for appropriate action.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I'd collect evidence of the staff member's actions discreetly. Then, I'd approach a higher-ranking staff member, present the evidence, and discuss the issue privately.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I'd treat the situation professionally, regardless of our friendship. I'd privately explain the complaints, rules, and potential consequences. My goal would be to maintain a positive atmosphere for all players while balancing my staff responsibilities and personal relationship.

Thank you for considering my application.

RE: Shards Staff App - Toast - 08-31-2023

Blacklisted from PD for Metagame/Leaking Warrants. -1

RE: Shards Staff App - Shards - 08-31-2023

The Reason i was blacklisted is because i sent a search Warrant on a | Out of character | discord channel making fun of what happend , just because we make mistakes doesnt mean we are villains

Shards Staff App - Rem - 08-31-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.