Diverge Networks
PK Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Character Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: PK Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=6503)

PK Appeal - Fredo - 09-02-2023

Name of Character:Edgar Valdez Villarreal

SteamID: STEAM_1:0:78687482

Your Discord ID#:cttrippinfr#1698

Date of PK:09/02/2023

Reason for PK: Shootout with cops.

Why should you be unPK'd? What server rule or PK rule was violated?: As the admin said. If you get out in a shootout with the cops then your character has to be banned. I understand this as rule, but for a long term player I didn't think about perm kill. I thought pk meant player kill. I thought rdm and pk were just different things. One was allowed and one wasn't. I stay on this server 24/7 and I know that it is very serious. I did not know that this was a thing as I have never saw it before. I spend hours on this server and I want to keep on till I ship out. I leave on October 17 for bootcamp. I love this servers design and how the server works. I honestly didn't know that perm kill was a thing. I understand that when you die in real life you lose everything and yeah your dead. I didn't think that would be in a game. I am asking for mercy as this is the only server I play. I do love to stream on the server with kick as well. I do remember getting in shootouts with the cops in Miami and never getting my character banned. I use to shoot cops a lot in miami and it was detectives too, but I would never get my character banned. I am not asking for a bunch of chances because we don't get those. I am just asking because I really never get in trouble with this server and when I read the rules it was back then. I was going to try the bar exam, but then the criminal life kind of swooped in and I took that path. I mainly understand the rdm rules and basic rules as I do have staff experience. I just never seen this kind of rule and yes I am going to read the rules again to make sure I know all of them as this server is really serious and does the perm kill rule. Thank ya'll for reading hopefully ya'll will be able to help.

If possible please provide video evidence or photo evidence if PK does not follow the guidelines:N/A

RE: PK Appeal - Oboshi - 09-02-2023

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1s8xsvPl1qGbJa/2jcImcbgLruv?invite=cr-MSxHRlQsMTA3ODcwODM1LA

Here is a clip and also the logs too show u were killed by a cop and also did a shootout with the cops. Think of it as a mugging situation if you get mugged your best choice is to comply so you don't risk your char to get PK'ed. With you pulling your gun out you adjusted the circumstances with your char and risked it. With the ending of that you did the risk and got Pk'ed cause of it. 

If you would like to understand pk's more please read this thread
https://divergenet.works/forums/showthread.php?tid=4

Retroactive PKs

These are possible scenarios which may validate you to be PK'ed retroactively. (Retroactive PK is when a request for pk is made after situation which no admin oversaw occurred)

■ Initiating a violent confrontation with Police Officers and being killed. 

RE: PK Appeal - anzati1 - 09-02-2023

(09-02-2023, 07:44 PM)Fredo Wrote: Name of Character:Edgar Valdez Villarreal

Why should you be unPK'd? What server rule or PK rule was violated?: As the admin said. If you get out in a shootout with the cops then your character has to be banned. I understand this as rule, but for a long term player I didn't think about perm kill. I thought pk meant player kill. I thought rdm and pk were just different things. One was allowed and one wasn't. I stay on this server 24/7 and I know that it is very serious. I did not know that this was a thing as I have never saw it before. I spend hours on this server and I want to keep on till I ship out. I leave on October 17 for bootcamp. I love this servers design and how the server works. I honestly didn't know that perm kill was a thing. I understand that when you die in real life you lose everything and yeah your dead. I didn't think that would be in a game. I am asking for mercy as this is the only server I play. I do love to stream on the server with kick as well. I do remember getting in shootouts with the cops in Miami and never getting my character banned. I use to shoot cops a lot in miami and it was detectives too, but I would never get my character banned. I am not asking for a bunch of chances because we don't get those. I am just asking because I really never get in trouble with this server and when I read the rules it was back then. I was going to try the bar exam, but then the criminal life kind of swooped in and I took that path. I mainly understand the rdm rules and basic rules as I do have staff experience. I just never seen this kind of rule and yes I am going to read the rules again to make sure I know all of them as this server is really serious and does the perm kill rule. Thank ya'll for reading hopefully ya'll will be able to help.

If possible please provide video evidence or photo evidence if PK does not follow the guidelines:N/A
hey, guy who pked you here. i do understand that you don't know the rules, but thats kinda the point of the message when you join saying "make sure you read the rules" basically. If getting into a shootout with the cops wasn't a pk, we would get shot CONSTANTLY just for being cops. We already get shot just for putting people in cuffs.

RE: PK Appeal - Fredo - 09-02-2023

(09-02-2023, 08:39 PM)Oboshi Wrote: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1s8xsvPl1qGbJa/2jcImcbgLruv?invite=cr-MSxHRlQsMTA3ODcwODM1LA

Here is a clip and also the logs too show u were killed by a cop and also did a shootout with the cops. Think of it as a mugging situation if you get mugged your best choice is to comply so you don't risk your char to get PK'ed. With you pulling your gun out you adjusted the circumstances with your char and risked it. With the ending of that you did the risk and got Pk'ed cause of it. 

If you would like to understand pk's more please read this thread
https://divergenet.works/forums/showthread.php?tid=4

Retroactive PKs

These are possible scenarios which may validate you to be PK'ed retroactively. (Retroactive PK is when a request for pk is made after situation which no admin oversaw occurred)

■ Initiating a violent confrontation with Police Officers and being killed. 
Oh no I understand that I was PKed and I mean that's the rules, I should have read the rules again. I'm just asking if there's anyway we can do?

(09-02-2023, 08:44 PM)anzati1 Wrote:
(09-02-2023, 07:44 PM)Fredo Wrote: Name of Character:Edgar Valdez Villarreal

hey, guy who pked you here. i do understand that you don't know the rules, but thats kinda the point of the message when you join saying "make sure you read the rules" basically. If getting into a shootout with the cops wasn't a pk, we would get shot CONSTANTLY just for being cops. We already get shot just for putting people in cuffs.
I agree yes, I should go over the rules again. In my mind I wouldn't think that a server would do that on garry's mod. You spend hours grinding and when your having fun you lose it all and boom have to restart. I never thought any of that.

RE: PK Appeal - James - 09-02-2023

This is a clear PK, you shot at cops so they killed you, I don't see anything here that would mean the PK is reversed so it will stand.

Your appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this PK to be reasonable and/or justified.

You may not re-appeal this PK.