Diverge Networks
Toast - Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: Toast - Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=6504)

Toast - Staff Application - Toast - 09-02-2023

In-Game Name(s): Lieutenant Jonathan Stone, Jim Grey & Jason Braxton
Steam Name: Smiley Face
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/smileyface111111/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:640945194
Discord Username: .toastedbread.
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): Diverge | Your total time is 1mo 3w 1d 5h 51m.
Time Zone: GMT/BST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 3-4+ Hours a day.
Have you read the rules?: Yes.
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes.
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes.
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No, however I'm eager to learn.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: * My motivation for applying stems from my experience as a staff member on various servers, mostly DarkRP servers. Due to being based in the UK, I've noticed a recurring issue, where tere is often a noticeable shortage of staff members that are available to take tickets. This scarcity can lead to an overwhelming influx of support tickets and can create a significant backlog. This, in turn, leads to an extended wait time on players tickets being taken and having their issues resolved. My desire to contribute and give back to the community and assist the staff team so that I can help rectify this situation. It's a role I've strived to achieve in every community I have been a part of. Driven by the intention to reciprocate the help I have been given by the various staff members countless times before.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: * I have accumulated significant staffing experience on several DarkRP servers. Throughout the years, I've held positions ranging from Moderator to Superadmin. My most recent staffing experience was approximately a year or two ago, in which I reached the position of DarkRP Admin+ and was part of the higher staff team. I've spent over seven years within my previous community, which I'm still part of to this day, just not very active. This has provided me with a solid understanding of community management.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): Epic Gamers DarkRP - Superadmin, around a year. Cloud Gaming - Superadmin, a couple of months, however I've been staff there multiple times over the course of 7+ years.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: I was banned from the Discord server in the past. It was an honest mistake I made on my first day on the server. At that moment in time, I noticed a large amount of staff members that weren't taking tickets, whilst one or two of them were actively taking them. So I took to the Discord to complain about the lack of staff tacking tickets, which then ultimately turned into an argument with some staff members in the Discord. I regret my actions and was eventually unbanned by Canadian-Bacon. I've also had a few bans on the server itself, with my last one being on the 5th of May, and was unbanned on the 27th of May by Rem. I got banned because of an RP situation gone wrong, I got really hostile to the member of staff that took the ticket and then attempted to use an alt account to ban evade. Since then I have had no punishments/warns/bans and have stayed out of trouble.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: * Since being unbanned from the server, I've developed positive relationships with a number of staff members, and I would say that I'm well-known among them. I've also interacted with various staff members who have provided me with valuable assistance during my time on the server. I would say that I'm also quite well-known amongst regular players, especially within the PD. Since my return to the server I have reached the rank of Lieutenant in the NYPD and have contributed a ton in the cleaning up of inactive members amongst other things.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Fox, Azoro/QrowKast, DaSchmeeze, Monaco & Meem.
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: The first step is to inform the player who was RDMed to make a ticket using the @<message> system. If I personally witnessed or was involved in the incident, I'd request another available staff member to take the ticket. If there were no other staff members available, I'd switch over to my staff character and address the situation directly, giving the appropriate punishment if the reporting player has sufficient evidence, and if the logs align with the situation. Additionally, if necessary, I would then compensate the reporting player if they lost anything from the RDM.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I'd raise my concerns with that member of staff, and tell them that they're abusing their staff rank and the powers trusted to them to do their job effectively. If the behaviour continues, I'd monitor the situation closely, gathering evidence to support my claims, and then proceed to file a staff report on the forums or through other appropriate channels such as members of UA.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: In this scenario, it's crucial to prioritize fairness and impartiality. Personal friendships do not and should not influence the decision-making process. Regardless of my relationship with the reported player, everyone should be treated equally and held accountable for their actions, because overall, everyone needs to be held to the same standard. In a similar situation, I would try and educate my friend on the rules of the server and how to play when they are on the server, in hopes of them avoiding situations that would lead to them being punished/banned.

Canadian said I could reapply early.
---------------------------------------------------------

RE: Toast - Staff Application - Loops - 09-03-2023

+1
Very good quality player. Does well with a position of power in the PD and haven't seen him doing anything mingy.
as well as a nicely written application.
Also has a cute lil accent.

RE: Toast - Staff Application - Bucket Hat Barry - 09-03-2023

+1 He is a good cop.

RE: Toast - Staff Application - Daviss - 09-03-2023

nvm wrong guy

RE: Toast - Staff Application - faith - 09-04-2023

i have known toast for coming up to around two years now and i can say will full confidence he will make a amazing member of the staff team, not to mention his copious experience. massive +1

RE: Toast - Staff Application - darkfire - 09-09-2023

+1 this nigga not staff already is baffling

Toast - Staff Application - Rem - 09-14-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team.
Unfortunately, your application has been denied.

You may apply again in 30 days. You may apply sooner if you receive permission from a Head Administrator or higher.