Diverge Networks
Hurn moderator application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Hurn moderator application (/showthread.php?tid=6539)

Hurn moderator application - Hurn - 09-10-2023

In-Game Name(s): Vasily 'Specs' Zeitsev / Senior Officer Klause Benedict /
Charlie Bell Huey
Steam Name: UH-1 Transport Pilot
Steam Profile Link:https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198376078117/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:207906194
Discord Username: Hurn#7827
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 6d 21h 28min
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: Atleast 2-3 hours per week day and 6+hr a day over the weekends.

Have you read the rules?: Yes

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: I am very familiar with nutscript.

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: 
One of my motivations to become a moderator for diverge mafia RP is that I have a passion for the game and the community. Being a moderator would allow me to contribute to the growth and success of the server, ensuring that others have a positive and genuinely fun experience. Another motivation is my desire to contribute to the fair and balanced environment within the server. Moderators play a crucial role in enforcing rules, resolving conflicts, and maintaining order. By taking on this role, I can help ensure that all players are treated fairly and have an equal chance to enjoy some good ol' mafia rp.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: My long-term involvement in Mafia RP since 2018, both as a moderator and an admin, gives me valuable insight and understanding of the games dynamics, nutscript, and community. This experience can greatly benefit me when handling situations, enforcing rules, and assisting players effectively. I also have In-depth knowledge in my time spent playing mafia RP over the years, combined with my experience as a moderator and admin in the past, means I have developed comprehensive knowledge of the server. This knowledge can be invaluable when taking tickets, answering questions, and resolving conflicts, demonstrating compassion to both new and veteran players. I have also worked in a youth corrections facility for 4 years now so I have a fair amount of experience in calming people down and defusing intense situations when both parties are locked in a yelling match during a sit.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): 
1942rp Typhon:Moderator 6months
1942rp typhon: Admin 2 months
Mobsters paradise mafia rp: moderator 2 months
Typhon mafia rp: Moderator 1 month
Typhon mafia rp: Admin 4 months

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: The community sees me as approachable and always willing to lend a helping hand. Whether answering questions related to nutscript, clarifying rules, or assisting new players, my optimistic demeanor and willingness to assist have made me a go-to resource for new players seeking guidance. My patient and understanding nature have created a welcoming environment where players feel comfortable reaching out to me for assistance.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: donredrum, monte.0, josephmary1738
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: If I am not on my staff char then I'd put in a ticket if I was involved in the altercation. If there weren't any other staff on (maybe if it's 4am) then I'd commit to my staff char so there is a mod on duty and tickets are not going unanswered. However if the ticket involves me in any way then I must inform a different staff member to handle the ticket since it's always been strictly forbidden to take tickets that involve an incident you are involved with while not on a staff char.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: Get a screen recording of the offense and then send it to the community manager or any other member of the upper administration
A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I would treat them like any other new player. Sometimes new players don't have a solid grasp on the rules so I would pull them into a sit and explain what they did wrong and give them a note for the first offense. If they continue to disregard server rules then I would again pull them into a sit and explain to them why I'm giving them a ban (length depending on the offense). I've seen my fair share of players who only want to create chaos and ruin other people's gaming experience and sometimes they don't know the server rules and other times they have zero regard for server rules so they would need to be banned in an effort to maintain the server.

RE: Hurn moderator application - ShowerCoach - 09-10-2023

+1 Think they would make a perfect addition to the staff team. They have plenty of experience in moderating from the looks of it. My only concern is this. How long do you plan on staying if given the job?

RE: Hurn moderator application - Hurn - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 05:03 PM)ShowerCoach Wrote: +1 Think they would make a perfect addition to the staff team. They have plenty of experience in moderating from the looks of it. My only concern is this. How long do you plan on staying if given the job?
I plan on staying long term, as long as diverge is around I'll continue to do my part. I lost all my previous staff jobs due to the servers permanently shutting down but from what I can tell Diverge is here to stay.

RE: Hurn moderator application - Drive Fast - 09-11-2023

+1 seems to have plenty of other staffing experience. Already a decent amount of hours into the server and put some effort into answering each of the questions.

RE: Hurn moderator application - Loops - 09-11-2023

They seem very very familiar with the game mode, and connect well with other players.
They're pretty active and have past moderator experience.
Definitely someone that I see as a reliable figure in the community, from the interactions I've had with them IC and OOC.

Big +1.

RE: Hurn moderator application - Hurn - 09-11-2023

(09-11-2023, 12:24 AM)Drive Fast Wrote: +1 seems to have plenty of other staffing experience. Already a decent amount of hours into the server and put some effort into answering each of the questions.
Thank you so much!

(09-11-2023, 12:47 AM)Loops Wrote: They seem very very familiar with the game mode, and connect well with other players.
They're pretty active and have past moderator experience.
Definitely someone that I see as a reliable figure in the community, from the interactions I've had with them IC and OOC.

Big +1.
Thank you!! ?

RE: Hurn moderator application - Patches214 - 09-11-2023

+1 We need this dude

RE: Hurn moderator application - The Gent - 09-11-2023

+1
The guy reached out to me and seemed to be very serious about becoming staff and has sincere intentions
Although I do not know him personally on a deep level, my interactions with him when he was a staff member with MP in 2020 were always pleasant and productive

Overall think he will bring a mature and capable demeanor to the staff team that gets harder and harder to come by the older the GMod community becomes
I have high hopes for his future within this community and will be happy to help with his progression

RE: Hurn moderator application - Hurn - 09-13-2023

(09-11-2023, 07:48 AM)The Gent Wrote: +1
The guy reached out to me and seemed to be very serious about becoming staff and has sincere intentions
Although I do not know him personally on a deep level, my interactions with him when he was a staff member with MP in 2020 were always pleasant and productive

Overall think he will bring a mature and capable demeanor to the staff team that gets harder and harder to come by the older the GMod community becomes
I have high hopes for his future within this community and will be happy to help with his progression
Thank you so much!  It means alot!

Hurn moderator application - Rem - 09-14-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.