Diverge Networks
Matthew Stiner Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Matthew Stiner Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=6548)

Matthew Stiner Staff Application - Max Stiner - 09-12-2023

n-Game Name(s): Matthew Stiner
Steam Name: maxrulesbooya
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043292555/
Steam ID:76561198043292555
Discord Username: mxcrazy98
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1 week 4 days 16 mins
Time Zone: PST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 20-40 hours a week PST
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): 100%
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterixis require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  * Currently a Justice with UCS and was looking to fill my time on the server with something productive. Before when I was a lawyer I could assist people on RP law and assist folks with arrests. I really enjoyed being useful and actively working at things. As a Justice I'm not allowed to act as a lawyer so I was hoping to get a staff position and do other kinds of work when I'm not directly needed as a Justice. I am familiar with professional conduct and unbiased involvement in situation and feel I could be a excellent fit for Diverge.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  * I bring a calm level head to situations and like to bring that to other people especially during conflict. I wholeheartedly believe in professional demeanor and fairness being character traits a good staff member should have and I feel I exhibit those traits well. Obviously 24 isn't old by any stretch but I am confident that I can relate with and bring some experience to situations that could help younger players remain calm during staff sits. I also enjoy reading rules and laws and picking at fine details. With a server like diverge I feel I could assist and be useful instead of some charity education case who needs constant assistance with rules.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): 2018 i was a moderator for a SantosRP (then cityRP) server but that server was sold and I never did do more Staffing on Gmod. I have done Arma3 Staffing before and moderated discords (cringe).

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  * I'm known as a lawyer and a guy who likes to share random facts, mostly about bears. I have never been a ambulance chasing lawyer of any sort, I recommend folks follow the rules and laws to avoid issues. Just last night I had a fellow who was trying to escape from Pen and I calmly explained to him and his friend that jail breaks are a big no no and can get you character banned. I would say my reputation overall is that of a above reproach guy whos helpful and professional. The only character flaw I could see where people would not like me is from my time as a US Marshal in the server. Allot of people hated us back then and I 100% understand peoples reservations  especially with the poor behavior of other FBI/Marshals from that era.
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names:
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: If I am the person RDMd I'm going to make a staff report same as any player and await a sit. If I am not the person RDMd and I believe its not a mass RDM situation I should record and send the clip to staff for a sit. In cases of mass RDM where I am the victim or not I do believe it important to freeze or halt a situation with admin commands to prevent server chaos. However in any RP situation where i am not on duty the correct approach to rule violations is to make a ticket and report the conduct to a staff member.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:  I would first approach the staff member privately and ask if they think they are following the rules. If this person is unwilling or cant provide something to indicate non abusing behavior it would be necessary to report it to higher staff members. 

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: Send all and any reports to other staff members for handling. Regardless of any bias I do or don't show any party involved would distrust staff and my judgement if I involved myself in the situation. Handling tickets you may have bias towards is a good way to ruin your reputation and the reputation of Diverge staff.
---------------------------------------------------------

RE: Matthew Stiner Staff Application - ShowerCoach - 09-14-2023

+1 Its fairly decent, I feel like you need to put a little more effort into it.

Matthew Stiner Staff Application - Rem - 09-14-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.