Diverge Networks
Carpenter's Staff App. - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Carpenter's Staff App. (/showthread.php?tid=6558)

Carpenter's Staff App. - IanHub08 - 09-14-2023

In-Game Name(s): Paul Cerrito
Steam Name: Carpenter
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199095992591/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:567863431
Discord Username: basicallyian
Total playtime on our Servers: 2w 5d 11hr 35m
Time Zone: EST

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: Generally 24 to 26 hours a week.
Have you read the rules?: I have.
Do you have a working microphone?: I do.
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings?: Yes.
Are you familiar with SAM or Nutscript commands?: With SAM, a lot, yes. As for Nutscript, I don’t believe so.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: I do.

What is your motivation for applying?: My motivation for applying is to return to staffing and having fun. Over the course of a few years, I’ve been staff in many servers and have really enjoyed it. I really like the Diverge Networks MafiaRP so I hope to become part of the team here. Another reason is that there hasn’t been much to do for my character lately and staffing seems like a good, entertaining way to do stuff on the server. I’ve also noticed that sometimes staff aren’t taking tickets or might be backed up in them and would like to lend a hand during those periods. Overall, I think just socializing with more people on the server and helping others when they need it would be a good way to spend my time.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: I’m very experienced in the staffing field and I’ve always handled sits with maturity and absolutely no bias. When tickets were made I was even requested at times because people liked me. I’m a strong supporter of common sense. I’ve also been an active member of the server for quite some time, so I have an extensive understanding of the MOTD. Quite a few people know me around as well so I think it’d be nice if they got someone they’re familiar with to take a ticket for them. All I want is to effectively help out the server and its community.

Do you have any previous staffing experience?: Yes, I have lots of experience as staff. I started out on a PoliceRP run by United Alliance, I’d like to say I was a senior moderator for 5-6 months. I also was the server head of staff on another acceptable PoliceRP run by Apex Networks. I began as a trial moderator and slowly made my way up over the course of 6-8 months. I also was granted admin on some of their minor servers as well, they’ve since shifted from Garry’s Mod though. I was an admin on another PoliceRP run by Royal Networks for 4-5 months. I also worked alongside Criptik Networks as the head admin for over a year and their PoliceRP. The list goes on and on, I can’t remember anymore for the time being. As of now, I am not a member of any staff team.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: I was banned once for item transferring, I was deleting a character and didn’t want to lose all my things. I didn’t really know the rule was enforced and thought everyone still did it. So I did it with a friend, completely my fault. And I was banned again for item transferring over a month ago. It was an accident and I didn’t even realize that I did it, so I found it slightly amusing. But it was indeed a ban that was 100% on me.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: I’m decently known. I’m pretty social and just hang out with a variety of people from night to night. They like me, I don’t go around talking shit to people or anything like that.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: I haven’t been recommended by any current staff members.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I would go onto my staff character and handle the issue accordingly to what they did.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: Ask them why they’re abusing their powers because it isn’t fair for others. Hopefully, that’d be enough to get them to stop. But if not, I’d report it to someone who could handle the situation further.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDMing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: This has happened to me multiple times over my long course of moderating servers, I haven’t treated them any differently. If you break the rules, you break the rules. I would give them their consequence accordingly and move on to the next ticket.

RE: Carpenter's Staff App. - DuckVader - 09-14-2023

+1, On the dead homies

RE: Carpenter's Staff App. - blue - 09-14-2023

+1, I have know Ian for a long time I think that he would be a great staff member.

RE: Carpenter's Staff App. - poopoofard - 09-14-2023

+1 an amazing roleplayer and has prior admin experience

Carpenter's Staff App. - Rem - 09-19-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.