Diverge Networks
PK Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Character Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: PK Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=6583)

PK Appeal - FortKnox - 09-18-2023

Name of Character: Leonardo “"Thanatos” DeLuca

SteamID: STEAM_1:0:214961021

Your Discord ID#: fortknox

Date of PK: 9/18/2023

Reason for PK: Snitching 

Why should you be unPK'd? What server rule or PK rule was violated?: 

The person in question RDMed my fellow faction member and ran away as the cops got to him. I mentioned him having a gun on him and that he shot a friend. I then was taken to the PD to write a statement which I did. I wrote an affidavit that was never notarized or submitted into an evidence exhibit to be presented to the courts at trial. The person in question that RDM’d my friend signed a plea deal on their own volition. I had no idea who they were and did not receive any threats or warnings to stop my very limited cooperation. As I was reviewing the PK guidelines, I can’t find anything to warrant my PK.

Killing a rival gang/mob member:

“If they’re not in your family, they must have done something to directly harm the family, yourself, or another member of the family. To acquire this PK you should first speak to your don, and then the commission to get the hit sanction. If you Kill another made man without it being sanctioned there is a steep penalty.”

And

“Note: If the request to murder a rival gang/mob member is directly related to escalating conflicts between your faction and the rival faction you need to ensure that proper escalation steps have been taken by your leaders before doing.”

Again, I received no warnings or threats to not cooperate, and there was no escalation or RP done. It went straight to what I believe to be a false PK.

Killing a non-associated civilian

You cannot PK a civilian for simply witnessing or reporting a crime, it’s natural for normal civilians to call the police or report incidents, while you may attack them for this it is not considered a valid PK reason. You may only PK a civilian if they are actively collaborating with a government agency to take you down, this means they have signed some form of Affidavit or witness statement and/or have the intention of testifying against you or your faction in court. You may also threaten people to make sure they don’t snitch. Murder (PK) is a last resort.

So there are a few things wrong with this, firstly I am not a civilian. And secondly, as I have already mentioned earlier, I thought this guy was just some minge and this had nothing to do with him being in a criminal faction. As mentioned previously, yes there was an Affidavit written but it was never notarized or submitted into an evidence exhibit. There was no testimony. There was no trial. There were no threats. There were no warnings. It immediately escalated to a PK after he signed a plea deal. Signing a plea deal means that you don’t contest the charges and accept the punishment. This was never brought to a trial and the decision to accept the punishment for those felony charges relied strictly on the decisions of that individual. He was not sentenced by a court of law where my limited cooperation was part of the evidence. He signed a plea deal on his own volition. That, and I am not a non-associated civilian.

In conclusion, I can’t find anything in the PK guidelines to support the validity of this PK. The affidavit wasn’t notarized or used as evidence, I didn’t testify, there was no trial, no commission hit, and he signed a plea deal. Not to mention the fact that I had no idea he was in a criminal organization and I thought he was some minge because of how he was acting, RDMing my friend in front of me. There was no RP done in this situation to escalate it whatsoever. 

RE: PK Appeal - James - 09-18-2023

I was the staff member who approved the PK. The Bonanno Don Aquila came to me and was asking if it was possible to PK you as you were in the process of snitching/actively cooperating with the police on a case involving on one of his faction members with the charges being serious felonies. The video we got in pd showed that you were going to testify against the guy and you yourself admitted to intending to go all the way to court. You were one of the sole pieces of evidence pointing to the guy they arrested being charged with the crimes. this fits with both "they must have done something to directly harm the family, yourself, or another member of the family" and "You may only PK a civilian if they are actively collaborating with a government agency to take you down, this means they have signed some form of Affidavit or witness statement and/or have the intention of testifying against you or your faction in court." So in my opinion I could see that it was valid to approve the PK. Just to make sure as this sort of thing never happens I went to BoomRoasted for a second opinion who agreed with me so it went ahead.

RE: PK Appeal - Red - 09-19-2023

Hi there, so in response to your commission hit and made guy thing neither were required as luchesse aren't a commission family and regardless of rank within them the organization is associated not a member therefore no commission hit would need to be sanctioned, regardless of whether or not it was notarised you and you're testimony were the main reason as to why our guy was convicted, regardless of your definition of snitching it's done damage to the faction

RE: PK Appeal - Aquilla - 09-19-2023

An associated criminal writing an affidavit has been and always will be a PKable offense. Even when civilians do it they are often PKed. I’ve seen Public Defenders give testimony and get killed over it. Next time think about whether being petty over something stupid is worth going to court for. And when you do plan on testifying against someone maybe try hiding it? You being made and part of a faction does not exclude you from basic PK rules.

RE: PK Appeal - Rem - 09-20-2023

Unassociated civvies and Gov cannot be PKed for testifying. Don't know where that came from. It would really depend on the scenario, but witnessing a crime doesn't make you PK active. You have to be threatened prior otherwise it's kind of fair game.

RE: PK Appeal - Aquilla - 09-20-2023

Guy wasn’t an un associated Civ and didn’t just witness it, he went directly with the police and publicly aided them against the guy, even had an affidavit wrote up. That’s not just witnessing.

RE: PK Appeal - FortKnox - 09-20-2023

Voiding Appeal

PK Appeal - James - 09-21-2023

Your appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this PK to be reasonable and/or justified.

You may not re-appeal this PK.