Diverge Networks
Heinz Duffin Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Heinz Duffin Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=663)

Heinz Duffin Staff Application - Heinz - 02-04-2021

In-Game Name(s): Heinz Duffin
Steam Name: Ass_assin
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198917998136/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:478866204
Discord Username: Ass_Assin#0412
Total playtime on Server: 3d 10h 29m
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 1-2 hours a day
Have you read the rules?: Of Course 
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes (Blue Yeti Blackout)
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: no, but I can learn quick
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: I want to provide a better roleplay experience for players through game mastering. There hasn't been a lot of it so I can definitely pick up the slack on that end. I am also a good judge of character. I have a very fun time doing game master stuff and I know how to give that fun to the people who would participate in these events. I thought I'd never want to staff on anything but this server changed my mind, I want to try and help it and not just shit talk all the time on it. *
Why should you be considered over other candidates?: I've played Mafia Roleplay since Early 2020. I probably know how to handle disagreements better. I will be one of the best game masters as well as being competent staff so you're getting 2 for the price of 1. I can be as active as i'm needed under a reasonable timeframe. Finally, I can work with others pretty well.*

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): I have not but once again, we all start somewhere and I want to start on this server.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No I have never been kicked or banned. 

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: I believe I have a generally good reputation IC. As good as you can as a cop anyway. Being called a piggy 24/7 has shaped me to be tolerant of that sort of thing so I can take whatever being a staff member gets me. My piers in the PD know I'm dedicated to my craft and that I can do good work when given a chance. The citizens who aren't yelling pig at me know I'm the most active High command member on and one of the most active in the PD. OOC, I don't think Pendred likes me a lot but i'd be willing to fix it (IK a lot of it I probably deserve).*

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: None, haven't asked
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: If there is not any current staff on then I would just hop on my staff char and handle it. That simple.
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I wouldn't rat him out right away but I'd talk to him personally and if he persists then I'd take it to someone higher. I'm not a believer in instantly going to a superior.
A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I would just tell him to calm down, show him where he is messing up and not following the rules. If he persists, I'd do what is necessary. This would not be a problem in the first place as the only people who I play GMOD with are the people on the server.
---------------------------------------------------------

RE: Heinz Duffin Staff Application - Mudjug - 02-05-2021

+1 Dudes very mature from what I have seen and provides quality roleplay when on his PD character. Just make sure you can commit to both your high command PD char and your staff obligations before commiting to a staff role if selected.

RE: Heinz Duffin Staff Application - Rem - 02-06-2021

Light +1
Will need training as this will be the first staffing experience.
Wants to become GM
I like the confidence in the app
Overall ok app.

Heinz Duffin Staff Application - Pendred - 02-10-2021

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Please ensure that you have read and understood the Staff Handbook.
Contact myself or another member of Management on Discord for training and to get setup.