Diverge Networks
Tony Cromosoni - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Thread: Tony Cromosoni (/showthread.php?tid=6643)

Tony Cromosoni - TroubledGhost - 10-02-2023

Your Character or Steam Name:
Tony Cromosoni
Your SteamID (Click to retrieve):
STEAM_0:0:90789839
Your Discord ID#:
Rufie.
Reason for ban:
RDM 3x PO. L2AP
Length of ban:
3 days
Reason for appeal (dispute/apology):

Hello, I would like to dispute and apologies for any wrong doings that im found guilty of - for indeed its not in my intention to be malicious in my RP.

Why should you be unbanned?

Firstly I was AFK as I had to do something important off screen, so it wasnt L2AP, i was going to return eventually and also because I didnt know i WAS being punished. (Had irl responsibilty to fulfil). I feel it is unfair, for if I logged off then i'd understand, but i was logged on but not at the screen when the admin NS came. You should've left me in the admin sit room upon my return then i'd have immediately realised whats going on (i.e there's a sit) - perhaps thats not the way you do it but I would express the unfairness in that.

The RDM i am not sure is for what due to in the short span 2 officers were killed by my hand. 

One of them was detained (a rookie triad member) by the police and taken for questioning - and the direction it was going was going to reveal that the rookie did NOT have a gun licence on him and was caught in the middle of a drug deal/after a deal, so i had to immediately act and prevent him from being arrested and potentially broken in interrogation to expose facts and stuff. 

The second kill, was again an officer that stopped another of my triad members who was in the possession of something illegal and I was looking out for him. After talking with other members I believe this one is the one that counts as RDM but not sure as I was banned upon my return. Two officers pulled him over for some charge (i think reckless?) then during that conversation i went to the bush, got changed and loaded my gun to return and cap the officer... But in doing so I didnt process the fact the other cop left and that this cop indeed had only given the traid member whom im trying to protect a fine instead - which would not really warrant a kill - but i was merely skeptical of officer billy as ive had run ins with him before and found him to be someone who does like to conduct searches and stuff (as they were usually contantly adamant on having me searched in the PD when i came to do my Lawyer work). I feared if he took out my buddy from the car to get the citation paid (as most cops just keep the citation payment on them) he would search him and find the illegal stuff on him after asking for ID and escalating (which is usually how it goes).

I was only looking out for my members and do apologise if I did overstep the boundaries, I have been taking a look at the rules to double check and confirm where I went wrong and learning from my mistakes, hence being warned with the PO as they werent malicious stuff. I do believe it to be quite unfair the way it was dealt with and would like a chance to speak which you have given me on the forums and not reprimanding NS's action - as I do want to understand where I went wrong for it was not malicious RP, rather all these guys involved had lots of illegal stuff which under the warrant of a search would be destructive - plus the area we were near is quite a destructive/hot zone. I do apologise, do want clarification and want to express the unjustness of the 3 day ban. I understand the PO, but if you take a look at the notes it should state that these werent malicious mingery related ones, but ones close at the line between being a valid / non valid kill perhaps.  

Depending on which kill it was, I am happy to give more information as to why i thought it was valid or what not.. But like I said, I apologise for any wrong doings and only here to have a good time with others, and we're reliant on others to have a good time here with the RP so last thing i want to do is constantly break the rules and ruin the experience for others as that's not my intention. Rather it's a human mistake that I take accountability for and would like to know where/how i've strayed and will review the rules where I may to get clearer understanding for myself too.

Thanks guys. Sorry again (and to the person killed if it is indeed RDM).
Additional Information (images, videos, etc):

RE: Tony Cromosoni - NoSanctuaryWPD - 10-02-2023

Hi, staff who provided the ban over here. The reason for the ban it's because of the second kill you are mentioning, where you kill an officer while he was pulling over another person. 

The RDM it's because you got ahead of yourself by shooting the cop without any lead to him arresting your friend, he was only being detained: At he moment you executed the shot, your friend was still inside his car, with no reason to assume that he could be arrested. The cop was straight talking to your friend, worst case scenario to get a citation, which is no reason to kill a cop. (Clip provided: https://medal.tv/es/games/garrys-mod/clips/1wN88shNsPwsSL/LJvoSZt0o0kG?invite=cr-MSwybk0sNzAwOTA5MzYs)

And the LTAP it's because just of that, you went AFK after you did this. We waited 5 minutes for you and unfortunately we couldn't get your side of the story. Plus you have 2 previous warns for RDM (One of them specifically for killing a cop) and a Ban also for RDM.

Now that I see that allegedly your friend was carrying illegal stuff I can get to understand the RDM till a certain point. UA will oversee it and they'll decide what to do with the ban.

RE: Tony Cromosoni - TroubledGhost - 10-02-2023

I understand, thanks for clarifying. As I said it wasnt malicious and I do apologise for not being there as I wasnt aware of the staff situation that was incoming. Thanks for clarifying and again I apologise.. Ill keep that in mind for my future RPing.. However I am hoping to at the least reduce the days? My Previous offences are also mistakes along these lines and not maliciously/mingely intended - appropriate staff may, of course and hopefully, testify to that (hence not having plenty of bans just warnings). This was a gap in knowledge haha.. usually I @ staff members to confirm if I may or may not do anything - I didnt do it in this moment as it was the spur of the moment and the window was tight... Though I would hope for forgiveness and a stern warning this time as again it was quite the accident and I am apologetic for it. Ill apologise to BIlly when I am on next time gw.

Thanks NS. Apologies for any headaches caused.

RE: Tony Cromosoni - TroubledGhost - 10-03-2023

upper admins?

To further add to my case, there was an incident today where one of my faction members were illegally searched and questioned about things not remotely related to a simple traffic violation which in turn was just a $2250 which was an extremely minor offense. It went to a 30 minute detain with 4 other officers randomly seraching through the pockets. Of course it is being dealt with IC (i hope) but the point is this is what I was trying to prevent form happening with the second kill. As routinely... simple traffic violations become detainments and random searches with incompetent cops who are of senior ranks finding any excuse. It's a regular occurance i am sure which can be vouched for. Again apologise if it was indeed RDM.. and hope you may understand my situation and the preventative tactic that occured.

RE: Tony Cromosoni - Canadian-bacon - 10-03-2023

This will be your third ban within a month and your second appeal.

Have you actually read the rules? The killing rules surrounding when you can kill cops is generally quite clear, it also asks that if / when you do kill someone you shouldn't leave the server instantly as it can be considered LTARP/LTAP

I have indeed read them, and have went over them again more thoroughly after this event. I understand the latter statement, that I wasnt aware of and yeah I should brush up on the rules. Like I said it was not malicious and again one of those ones that I mistakenly thought was okay and justified that wasnt. (If you read my @ logs im sure youd see me usually asking if an action is okay to do or not often, but this case due to the spur of the moment it was missed). Apart of learning.. And I shall keep the staying on the server and not going afk for sometime after a kill to avoid this from happening. Sorry guys :C

RE: Tony Cromosoni - Canadian-bacon - 10-03-2023

If you're banned for RDM again in the future don't bother appealing, it won't be reduced.

Tony Cromosoni - Canadian-bacon - 10-03-2023

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and accepted.

The ban will be reduced to 1 day.