Diverge Networks
Improve the Fucking Server - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: Improve the Fucking Server (/showthread.php?tid=6670)

Improve the Fucking Server - GiovanniLucchese - 10-06-2023

We can all say that the server's RP runs "smoothly" and "Like Real Life" But it Really Isnt

I say this Because of just the lack of Players on the Server, i can walk around NYC, the "Big Apple" and Literally Nobody is Anywhere, maybe your average joe walking around but thats it. The Playerbase is not even a dent in how big not just New York is But the Real world.

Walk Outside (if you can) and look at just hoy many people are out walking the streets, you can count hundreds of individual people, but on the server, it doesnt even pale in comparison, the server is a Small Town Community.

I understand that this could cause Lag, Desync, all that stuff but with an Improved Host and Less laggy features virtually anything is possible. 

And we all know how shit the server runs on Max Players, but if we can just improve the Hosting Mechanism, we can Most likely elevate that Number to 200 or 300.

I know there's Limitations on garrysmod and whatnot but if you really want to bring a new sense of RP to the Server, its not by adding Car Radios or Putting in more clothes and car option, its more Players. It makes the Server more Diverse in soo many ways. 

More People = Realism, When have you ever seen a bank empty for ages in "New York" that right, never. By adding more People theres More Scenarios and Rp situations, More outcomes to happen and honestly More Business and Job Opportunities For People, not to mention how damn cool it would look for more people to walk the streets. 

Cops can actually patrol the city instead of staying in certain hotspots where they know people are, Criminals can conduct their business with an even larger plethora of people, and Legal Activities can be executed easier, as with more people less chance theyre criminals and theres always going to be that even larger percentile of Legal Players that will make the server even more Realistic.

With More people wandering the streets it can make just that slight different in making the server just like how it really is in real life.

Now this Can come at a bit of an RP expense, i know weve all heard this before but the reasoning will make sense. We need a Bigger Map to Hold all these People, maybe a Switch to RP_Union_City can Make that Change, with its more realistic version of New York and Larger Housing and Business Environment, PD isnt just 1 sole entrance, and More Properties, Alleyways, Opportunities to rise up.
PS
pendred stop hosting the server off your 3rd world internet connection, get something Proper, and if you already do improve that shit man because i can barely even function on the server with allat lag

RE: Improve the Fucking Server - Canadian-bacon - 10-06-2023

Did you do any amount of thinking before posting this.

128 is the max a gmod server can have.

We're literally on a new box that handles the server fine, all lag will be client side. There's no rubber banding.

RE: Improve the Fucking Server - Pendred - 10-06-2023

Server runs fine retard, low fps isn't a server problem, it's your hardware problem

RE: Improve the Fucking Server - GiovanniLucchese - 10-06-2023

(10-06-2023, 11:06 PM)Pendred Wrote: Server runs fine retard, low fps isn't a server problem, it's your hardware problem

Ok and? Im talking about the Playerbase. Most people also lag when theres 130 people on the server
Im saying we should expand the playerbase

(10-06-2023, 11:05 PM)Canadian-bacon Wrote: Did you do any amount of thinking before posting this.

128 is the max a gmod server can have.

We're literally on a new box that handles the server fine, all lag will be client side. There's no rubber banding.

bub all im saying is More People on the server will make it way more realistic, i get that the max ammount of players is 128 but if you could possible find any alternative to raise that, what is said will happen

You physically can't go above 128 on a gnod server. That's the limit.

The only other option is to make a second server, but we do not have enough active players to justify that atm.

I also have no idea what you're on about, whenever I've been on at peak players, there are numerous hotspots of gathered players and open businesses all around the city you can interact with. This isn't an attempt to exactly emulate irl. You just can't do that in a game this old with the limits it has. But for what it can do, it's pretty damn good.

RE: Improve the Fucking Server - GiovanniLucchese - 10-06-2023

(10-06-2023, 11:13 PM)Pendred Wrote: You physically can't go above 128 on a gnod server. That's the limit.

The only other option is to make a second server, but we do not have enough active players to justify that atm.

I also have no idea what you're on about, whenever I've been on at peak players, there are numerous hotspots of gathered players and open businesses all around the city you can interact with. This isn't an attempt to exactly emulate irl. You just can't do that in a game this old with the limits it has. But for what it can do, it's pretty damn good.
I get that, but all im saying is that if there were more people on, this server would be popping, not just playerbase wise but RP wise aswell, there would be loads more RP

RE: Improve the Fucking Server - Marzii - 10-06-2023

You are braindead my guy

I step foot out my property and I see 30+ people. You are having issues because I'm assuming you are italian with the name "Lucchese" and italians are dead as fuck rn

I also want nothing more than to be able to expand and provide people with a different type of environment to play in, but we just can't justify it. Playercount isn't really something we can sway, there's no source of players we can just harvest and bring on that will last long term, all we can do is continue improving the server as we have been, especially these last few months, and continue to appeal to people to want to play frequently by just being a good server.

(10-06-2023, 11:17 PM)GiovanniLucchese Wrote:
(10-06-2023, 11:13 PM)Pendred Wrote: You physically can't go above 128 on a gnod server. That's the limit.

I get that, but all im saying is that if there were more people on, this server would be popping, not just playerbase wise but RP wise aswell, there would be loads more RP
Like I said, you can't have more than 128 people at most. If you mean more players on at off peak hours, like I said it's not really something we can directly change.