Diverge Networks
Susan Medici/caboose Staff App - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Susan Medici/caboose Staff App (/showthread.php?tid=6671)

Susan Medici/caboose Staff App - Caboose - 10-07-2023

In-Game Name(s): Susan Medici

Steam Name: caboose

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/70905/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:70905

Discord Username: roflmywaffel

Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1mo 2w 6d 14h 36m

Time Zone: EST GMT -5

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 1-2 hours daily when online

Have you read the rules?: Yes

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes, my attendance may vary depending my work schedule and time with my children.

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No, but should be really easy to learn I work in IT

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes

-------------------------------------------------

Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: I feel like it’s time now to join the Diverge team, I’m on daily more night than mornings and feel I could make a difference in helping our late night-early morning community.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: I've been in the server for a while now and I think that I've learned the server rules for the time I've been around for. Also having a System Engineer background will excel my learning curve on the script commands and could assist with possible server issues.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): None on Gmod itself, I’ve owned multiple popular CS severs in my lifetime and was straightforward.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No I’ve never been banned.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  I would say I’m pretty well known in the city. I’m always helping new players get started (giving clothing, money and advice). I think other members would think the same. Players know my char as a car/clothing saleswoman. I do believe I have had a positive impact overall to the community and would be a good staff member.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Darkfire

-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: First, I would check if there any available staff online and wait a reasonable amount of time before I Would switch over to my admin char and give out the appropriate punishment based on previous POs/Bans.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: Personally I would take notes of the situation, and if things escalate more then I would let UA know what there’re doing is considered staff abuse.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?  First I would give the “friend” a fair warning then give them the rule book once more. If the behavior continues, I will simply give the appropriate punishment. Yeah, this could affect my friendship with my friend, but I don’t want his actions to hurt the community/RP.

RE: Susan Medici/caboose Staff App - H4xx3z - 10-07-2023

+1 I believe caboose will be a just and great staff. the server will benefit greatly from this addition to the team

RE: Susan Medici/caboose Staff App - Hitman - 10-07-2023

+1 For the time I have known Caboose they are a great roleplayer and has always shown a great attitude towards everything.

RE: Susan Medici/caboose Staff App - 4Lights - 10-07-2023

+1 Caboose Is great! I made an application myself, because they inspired me.

RE: Susan Medici/caboose Staff App - jordan_ - 10-07-2023

+1 really active, good friend, extremely thoughtful

RE: Susan Medici/caboose Staff App - Tetrarch - 10-07-2023

+1 always active and would definitely make a great staff member

Susan Medici/caboose Staff App - Pendred - 10-07-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.