Diverge Networks
The Peaky Blinders Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Faction Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: The Peaky Blinders Application (/showthread.php?tid=6728)

Pages: 1 2

The Peaky Blinders Application - BIG BUBBBA - 10-16-2023

Name of Faction: Peaky Blinders

Number of Members (Minimum of 5): 8 but were going to grow fast

Type Of Faction (Family, Triad, Street Gang, etc): Street Gang

Ethnic Background (ex: Italian, Greek, African American, Irish, etc): The family is of mixed origins as of Irish and Romanian. 

Name of Character running the faction: Omor Shelby

Your Discord # (ex: gamer#4210): deadly_fox8711

Your SteamID:76561199119449501

Your Server playtime: 1 Day, 19 Hours, 37 Minutes with over 1000 hours in Garry's Mod game time.

Do you acknowledge and agree to all faction rules as detailed on the server rules page? (Yes/No):Yes I acknowledge and agree to all the Faction rules.

Do you acknowledge that your faction discord will be owned by us? (Yes/No):Yes I acknowledge that the discord for the faction will be owned by you.

Provide an example of the unique Roleplay your faction will bring to the server/what type of roleplay we can expect from your faction (Images/Videos Preferred): We intend to implement the historical and criminal elements of The Peaky Blinders by encouraging character development, strategic thinking, and storytelling in a rich and immersive environment. We hope to give you the feeling of the grittyness the real Peaky Blinders had to go through. I believe that we could bring a new element of RP to the server by making and roleplaying our own racket. To the fullest, we strongly want to become the top gun smugglers on the server. We also are going to try to make an illegal alcohol import and export business. I believe we can do that as well as make friendships with other factions to increase our profit and give the other factions a sense that we are here to roleplay. We are aiming to be a neutral faction for the most part and stay out of other factions' way. I strongly believe that we can bring a new flow of roleplay to the server and give others a feeling of freshness.

Organization Backstory (Min. of 250+ Words & any images): So as you know the Peaky Blinders dominance came about from beating rivals, whom they fought for territory in Birmingham and other provinces. They held control for nearly 20 years until, We moved to New York to try our luck When the police arrested most of their members so they left to try and rebuild from the Economic hardship of Birmingham led to a violent youth subculture. Poor youths frequently robbed and picked the pockets of men walking on the streets of slum areas of the city. These efforts were executed through assaults, beatings, stabbings, and manual strangulation.

The most violent of these youth street gangs organized themselves as a singular group known as the Peaky Blinders. They were likely founded in Small Heath, possibly by a man named Thomas Mucklow, as suggested by a newspaper article entitled, "A murderous outrage at Small Heath, a man's skull fractured" printed in the 24 March 1890 edition of The Birmingham Mail. This article is possibly the earliest evidence of the Peaky Blinders in print, seen below.

A serious assault was committed upon a young man named George Eastwood. Living at 3 court, 2 house, Arthur Street, Small Heath, on Saturday night. It seems that Eastwood, who has been for some time a total abstainer, called between ten and eleven o'clock at the Rainbow Public House in Adderley Street, and was supplied with a bottle of ginger beer. Shortly afterwards several men known as the "Peaky Blinders" gang, whom Eastwood knew by sight from their living in the same neighborhood as himself, came in.

The group was known for its violence, not only towards rival gangs, but also against innocent civilians and constables. Gang wars between rival gangs frequently erupted in Birmingham, which led to brawls and shootouts. The Peaky Blinders also deliberately attacked police officers, in what became known as "constable baiting". Constable George Snipe was killed by the gang in 1897. as was Charles Philip Gunter in 1901. Hundreds more were injured, and some left the force because of the violence.

a time where Birmingham's streets were filled with gambling dens and youth playing rough sports. When the police started to crack down on these activities due to pressure from the higher classes, the youth Also fought back, banding together These gangs frequently fought the police, and assaulted members of the public walking in the streets. The street gangs consisted of men and boys between the ages of 12 and 35 years of age,

The Peaky Blinders were a street gang based in Birmingham England, and then they moved to New York to expand their horizons, And to Try to rebuild their Family and to also start again. The group consisted largely of criminals from lower to middle class backgrounds. 

They engaged in robbery, violence, racketeering, illegal bookmaking, and control of gambling. Members wore signature outfits that typically included tailored jackets, lapelled overcoats, buttoned waistcoats, silk scarves, bell-bottom trousers, leather boots, and peaked flat caps.

RE: The Peaky Blinders Application - Kurt The Biggest Steppa - 10-16-2023

-1 ohhhhhhhh helll nahhhhhh. By the order of the peaky blinders, this aint it.

RE: The Peaky Blinders Application - Marzii - 10-16-2023

-1 not enough playtime to run a successful faction with just 1 day

RE: The Peaky Blinders Application - BIG BUBBBA - 10-16-2023

(10-16-2023, 09:41 PM)Marzii Wrote: -1 not enough playtime to run a successful faction with just 1 day
 i have more than that it got reset

RE: The Peaky Blinders Application - Red - 10-17-2023

Nowhere near enough experience in mafiarp to run a successful faction

Cringe name peaky blinders

Aswell as the fact you've been in our family and showed incapable of quality rp, faction leaders by nature should be of high rp quality

RE: The Peaky Blinders Application - Fox - 10-17-2023

- Not enough play time to be leading a faction
- Peaky Blinders is over done and kind of an expectation...
- The backstory is a little unoriginal.

Take my comments as constructive criticism, i'd come up with a new idea - maybe use this application as a base and go from there. I don't think a Peaky Blinders style faction would get approved, personally.

Good luck with your application, however. Smile

RE: The Peaky Blinders Application - Marzii - 10-17-2023

(10-16-2023, 11:23 PM)BIG BUBBBA Wrote:
(10-16-2023, 09:41 PM)Marzii Wrote: -1 not enough playtime to run a successful faction with just 1 day
 i have more than that it got reset
i don't think playertime gets reset

RE: The Peaky Blinders Application - Eospin - 10-18-2023

you should be banned

RE: The Peaky Blinders Application - BIG BUBBBA - 10-18-2023

(10-17-2023, 08:20 AM)Red Wrote: -1

Nowhere near enough experience in mafiarp to run a successful faction

Cringe name peaky blinders

Aswell as the fact you've been in our family and showed incapable of quality rp, faction leaders by nature should be of high rp quality

ive been playing mafia rp since like 2020 i was one of the top in the Flannagins and also i always /me and rp stuff out as for you dont and just kind of like dont give a fuck abt rping

RE: The Peaky Blinders Application - Red - 10-22-2023

-1 cringe asf and in your response to you being big in flanagans, i was underboss, I've never heard of you lmao